The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 11-06-2016, 09:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Yes, it's possible. And probable, if recent comments from Christine are anything to go by.

And I, for one, would be perfectly happy with or without Stevie there, as long as new music comes.

Will it ever? These people (members of the band) infuriate me.
Old 11-06-2016, 09:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I'll say 50/50 on this .As we see they had so many members that they went through and they cranked out albums and toured over the years .
BTW welcome to the board dreamsunwind.

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016

Last edited by Macfanforever; 11-06-2016 at 09:29 PM..
Old 11-06-2016, 11:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post
I think Stevie is just throwing around her power to get what she wants. She doesn't want to sit in the studio and do 5,000 overdubs, so she's off doing a solo tour while all that groundwork is being laid. A remarkably short solo tour that will easily allow her to join the band in the studio immediately following the holidays. She's sent up warning flares about how she and Lindsey have gone in diverging musical directions; yet her absence right now is giving the band ample time to craft their songs into a sound that would be palatable to Stevie.

I always want to stab my fellow chiffonheads when they wield this quote, but "don't listen to her, listen through her." Like others have said, Stevie is the star of this band. She would not dare allow that limelight to be shifted away from her by not participating in the first Fleetwood Mac album in nearly a decade and a half. She's just making sure she has a firm grip on the proceedings before she signs on.
I have seen no signs that this is what is happening. Since that burst of time in the studio by Chris and Lindsey, there is zero sign that any of them are in the studio together since the tour ended. Mick's doing his own thing and Lindsey's been doing a few bits with other bands and Christine's talked about a future tour and that's it. No chatter about them being seen in a studio or anything. Nada.
Old 11-06-2016, 11:35 PM
Senior Ledgie

oh I like this theory!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLY View Post
This is why "Julia"has yet to be released on a reissue or the 24k disc.Stevie is saving this for the new Fleetwood Mac album.
Old 11-06-2016, 11:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
I have seen no signs that this is what is happening. Since that burst of time in the studio by Chris and Lindsey, there is zero sign that any of them are in the studio together since the tour ended. Mick's doing his own thing and Lindsey's been doing a few bits with other bands and Christine's talked about a future tour and that's it. No chatter about them being seen in a studio or anything. Nada.

Didn't Christine say that she and Lindsey were planning to go back in and finish up on the album? Or something along those lines?
Old 11-07-2016, 09:23 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamsunwind View Post
Didn't Christine say that she and Lindsey were planning to go back in and finish up on the album? Or something along those lines?
Yes, Christine said something about going back into the studio with the band in October. She could just be working with Lindsey in his home studio for all we know, though. Or the whole project has possibly fallen through.
Old 11-07-2016, 11:45 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post
Or the whole project has possibly fallen through.
God, I hope not.
Old 11-07-2016, 01:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I agree with most of what has been said...but I've felt that most big band decisions occur when Mick gets the testicular fortitude to make it happen. When Mick says enough is enough to Stevie she'll be back, but he works at a sloths pace when trying to convince someone to do something.
Old 11-07-2016, 03:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan4136 View Post
I agree with most of what has been said...but I've felt that most big band decisions occur when Mick gets the testicular fortitude to make it happen. When Mick says enough is enough to Stevie she'll be back, but he works at a sloths pace when trying to convince someone to do something.
because he doesn't have the power in the band. It's all in the hands of Stevie and Lindsey. Stevie has made it clear that once the band is working on something, he (Lindsey) calls the shots more than any of the rest, including her. Her power comes therefore from not committing to participating, and holding out for what she wants. She did that on SYW... she held out committing to touring any longer than 40 dates which would have made it untenable for him to recoup the money he would lose on a double album... so they cut the record back, and then she agreed to more touring. She can't control the production process and she knows it...so she leverages every other kind of control she can. And she's not above threatening to use her popularity with the press either to trash something if that's the leverage she has to use. That seems to be where Mick gets a bit cautious...
Old 11-07-2016, 03:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
because he doesn't have the power in the band. It's all in the hands of Stevie and Lindsey. Stevie has made it clear that once the band is working on something, he (Lindsey) calls the shots more than any of the rest, including her. Her power comes therefore from not committing to participating, and holding out for what she wants. She did that on SYW... she held out committing to touring any longer than 40 dates which would have made it untenable for him to recoup the money he would lose on a double album... so they cut the record back, and then she agreed to more touring. She can't control the production process and she knows it...so she leverages every other kind of control she can. And she's not above threatening to use her popularity with the press either to trash something if that's the leverage she has to use. That seems to be where Mick gets a bit cautious...
Well, that's certainly no way to behave in a band- holding your bandmates to ransom to get your own way. They are missing clear leadership. Mick's management back in the 1970's may have been atrocious but he was the boss. Things were done his way and, though he might have made a pigs ear of the Tusk tour finances, at least things got done. Lets face it, things went down hill from then on (though I appreciate that whole phase coincided with a major change in the dynamic of the band). I'd say they should appoint Christine as an offical band leader- what she says goes. Christine's way or the highway. Stevie wouldnt get to play her silly little games anymore then.
Old 11-07-2016, 03:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I feel like that's just her way of saying, in the studio, since Lindsey produces, he'll argue with her over songs rather than like Dave Stewart who basically nodded and agreed with everything she said. I don't think he necessarily calls more shots, but since he produces, he's in the position to go toe to toe with her and is willing to do it. I feel like in the end, she's kinda the most powerful person like how when she was going overdrive on IYD, Mick did that interview saying his band is dead because of her. It all comes down to her so to speak since she has the most fans.

Last edited by dreamsunwind; 11-07-2016 at 03:51 PM..
Old 11-07-2016, 04:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum View Post
Well, that's certainly no way to behave in a band- holding your bandmates to ransom to get your own way. They are missing clear leadership. Mick's management back in the 1970's may have been atrocious but he was the boss. Things were done his way and, though he might have made a pigs ear of the Tusk tour finances, at least things got done.
Yeah, I agree, BUT, once they got rich, it became "how do we keep the money rolling in"(at least for idiot Mick). And the answer is, when possible, having all five of them together. So yes, she has them hostage, and it sucks...

My opinion of her just keeps dropping. You wouldn't have thought it possible, for it to go any lower.
Old 11-07-2016, 06:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
i don't know which signs you mean, but Christine has been saying in interviews they'll be back in the studio starting October to finish the album before Christmas. and then at the end of October her social media posted [granted, old] pic of her and Lindsey in the studio.

i chose to take that as a sign.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 11-07-2016, 06:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I guess this thread shows none of us know what's going on, but we sure like to make up theories!
Old 11-07-2016, 07:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
I guess this thread shows none of us know what's going on, but we sure like to make up theories!

Welcome to the Ledge!