The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Present Band
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read


Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #16  
Old 07-15-2019, 11:43 AM
AliceLover AliceLover is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 4,718
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
When a song comes on when I'm in a public place, I listen. I might even strain to hear it, but it makes me sad. As you said, it's certainly not the same and I just feel torn up about Christine. I've known what Mick and Stevie were for a long time now. I once loved Stevie. I don't think I've ever loved Mick. Maybe I liked him but didn't love him. Maybe I loved him and didn't like him, but I NEVER respected him. At any rate, it's easy to simply despise Mick and Stevie as the inevitable conclusion of the path I've been on.

But with Christine I just tear up and I hear her voice over a speaker and it makes me yearn. I can't believe it has ended like this. Honestly, this is a much more painful ending than Sonny Bono skiing into a tree after I'd been a fan of his since childhood.
So well said. I NEVER thought Christine would EVER come back. The fact that we had all 5 fireflies in the palm of our hands for even just a brief time was such an amazing thing. This last tour was so disappointing. I've just been waiting for it to be over so we can "move on."
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 07-21-2019, 09:19 PM
Nicks Fan's Avatar
Nicks Fan Nicks Fan is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Metcalfe Ontario Canada
Posts: 873
Default

I liked Mick and admired his skills as a drummer but I never respected him because of the way he constantly whores himself out and or the FM brand for a buck. Plus all the affairs etc and they way he treated certain members of FM and or the behind the scenes crew . I will never understand why he is such a POS to just about everyone at some point in life.

I was a huge SN fan but in recent years I was getting tired of the endless GH tours, lack of new product and some of her rambling speeches or set list promises that never came to pass. I lost allot of respect for her because of the double standard. She can delay albums and tours but HE can't. She has become very narcissistic especially with Tom's Death making it all about her and her grief. Sadly no one has the balls to tell her to get a life or grow up etc.

Christine really disappointed me as I thought she would have more balls to stand up to SN and not allow this sham of a tour to happen. As I have said before no one except die hard fans will even remember this lineup and tour. It will be largely forgotten like the 88-95 era is / was.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 07-21-2019, 11:37 PM
cbBen cbBen is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 714
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicks Fan View Post
She can delay albums and tours but HE can't
“Fleetwood Mac [had planned to go out this year but now] is going out next year.... I kind of put them on hold.... I toured last year–off and on all last year–and did lots and lots of press. And then I decided to take this year also to tour all summer.... And so it did not make Fleetwood Mac happy but I said to them, ‘I’m taking 2012 for In Your Dreams. I’m sorry. And if you can’t understand that in your heart–how important this is to me–then I’m sorry, but I’m doing it, and I will see you in 2013.'”–Stevie Nicks 2012

"This team wanted to get out on the road, and one of the members did not want to go out on the road for a year.” “We just couldn’t agree and, you know, when you’re in a band it’s a team. I mean, I have a solo career and I love my solo career. And I’m the boss, absolutely – but I’m not the boss in this band.”–Stevie Nicks 2018
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 07-22-2019, 07:55 AM
Nicks Fan's Avatar
Nicks Fan Nicks Fan is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Metcalfe Ontario Canada
Posts: 873
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbBen View Post
“Fleetwood Mac [had planned to go out this year but now] is going out next year.... I kind of put them on hold.... I toured last year–off and on all last year–and did lots and lots of press. And then I decided to take this year also to tour all summer.... And so it did not make Fleetwood Mac happy but I said to them, ‘I’m taking 2012 for In Your Dreams. I’m sorry. And if you can’t understand that in your heart–how important this is to me–then I’m sorry, but I’m doing it, and I will see you in 2013.'”–Stevie Nicks 2012

"This team wanted to get out on the road, and one of the members did not want to go out on the road for a year.” “We just couldn’t agree and, you know, when you’re in a band it’s a team. I mean, I have a solo career and I love my solo career. And I’m the boss, absolutely – but I’m not the boss in this band.”–Stevie Nicks 2018
Thanks for posting that. Funny thing is some of her cult like members think because she is the draw she has the right to dictate when they will or wont tour or make new music. At some point though you have to say do we need the money that badly or are we willing to make new music and or tour without her instead of waiting for her constantly year after year.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 07-22-2019, 08:06 AM
Nicks Fan's Avatar
Nicks Fan Nicks Fan is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Metcalfe Ontario Canada
Posts: 873
Default

There was a great post in the Fleetwood Mac news and reviews Facebook page before they were deleted and the person was spot on. They were referencing the comments about this being a new band and such and responding that the 88- 95 era produced no big hit albums and or songs that became set list staples etc and that in the end this current lineup would end up crashing and burning just like that era from 88 -95 ended up doing. All they have done with this current tour is sell a decent amount of tickets (Just like they did in 87, 90) and that's about it. No new music but allot of shameless interviews throwing Lindsey under the bus time and again when he was the one who saved them many times from being a joke. They used him for years for their success and now that they don't need him they just toss him aside like trash. I just love Mick's comment about being Lindsey being more respectful of his music in FM.

If anyone should be respectful of FM it should be him. He had turned FM into a sad pathetic lounge act more than once and the brand is tarnished. I don't care how many tickets you sell on a tour. The fact that for the past 15+ years FM has been largely a nostalgia act resting on the past vs making new music is something that real fans don't take lightly. I truly wonder what he's gonna do when after this tour he is broke again and needs more money?
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 07-22-2019, 02:09 PM
jmn3 jmn3 is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 993
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicks Fan View Post
I truly wonder what he's gonna do when after this tour he is broke again and needs more money?
Probably try to swindle his way into drumming for a Crowded House reunion or something Finn related. Absent that, the old snake will have no problem trying to get in contact with Buckingham at some point.

You’d think his BFF Stephanie would put him in her solo band. But....she is the boss there so pretty much 0% chance of that.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 07-22-2019, 03:18 PM
bombaysaffires bombaysaffires is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: West Coast
Posts: 4,907
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicks Fan View Post
There was a great post in the Fleetwood Mac news and reviews Facebook page before they were deleted and the person was spot on. They were referencing the comments about this being a new band and such and responding that the 88- 95 era produced no big hit albums and or songs that became set list staples etc and that in the end this current lineup would end up crashing and burning just like that era from 88 -95 ended up doing. All they have done with this current tour is sell a decent amount of tickets (Just like they did in 87, 90) and that's about it. No new music but allot of shameless interviews throwing Lindsey under the bus time and again when he was the one who saved them many times from being a joke. They used him for years for their success and now that they don't need him they just toss him aside like trash. I just love Mick's comment about being Lindsey being more respectful of his music in FM.

If anyone should be respectful of FM it should be him. He had turned FM into a sad pathetic lounge act more than once and the brand is tarnished. I don't care how many tickets you sell on a tour. The fact that for the past 15+ years FM has been largely a nostalgia act resting on the past vs making new music is something that real fans don't take lightly. I truly wonder what he's gonna do when after this tour he is broke again and needs more money?
And let's not forget, Mick's puppet master, SN, would also be happy being in a pathetic lounge act. In the famous Dance-era interview (where LB kisses her on the head in the middle of it), Lindsey is asked about how they joined FM and is explaining that after the failure of the BN album they were on the "road to Palooka-ville" (which they had to explain to Christine) and they could well have ended up playing steakhouses and such which he was not going to do and Stevie interjects "And his girlfriend who would have been perfectly happy playing steakhouses".

I think this says everything about their perspectives on what defines success. For Stevie it has always been and will always be about money (except for maybe, maaaayyyybeee a short period in the mid 70s when she seemed to truly want to be recognized as a writer). Then she got kinda famous, was the "it" girl of the moment, and, horror of all horrors, began dating Don Henley and hanging out with the Eagles. She once said that Don taught her 'how to be a rock star', and to me that was a terrible thing. The Eagles were known for being pompous, entitled, arrogant assholes, and some of that clearly rubbed off. The whole "I demand the presidential suite" and all that other bs was modeled for her as how rock stars should act, and she's never let it go. (With Azoff as her manager, this would have been further reinforced).

It's never been about integrity for her, about artistic legacy, it was about fame, the rock and roll lifestyle, and the external, visible trappings of being #1, whatever that might take. (Success to her was the power to demand the presidential suite, success to him was the power to define his own music. She would hand over control of what her music was to producers/executives who would turn it into the latest fad (synthesizer dance music, anyone?) if it meant she got the cover of Rolling Stone and private jets). She along with Mick would sell out anyone or anything to be on the top of the heap (record sales, ticket sales, awards, etc etc). She likes to portray herself as a "girl's girl" but she was a real bitch about other female performers whom she saw as competition. Her recent comments about not taking advice well from female professionals (managers, etc) says volumes about her. She likes girl pals who worship her and kiss her ass and do errands for her. She sees real power as a man thing and will use her wiles to attach herself to powerful men who can help her achieve her goal of being #1.

I think she knows LB knows her for who she really is, and that he is probably truly the only person left in the world who would ever tell her 'no' or give her less than ass-kissing feedback (Bob Dylan, anyone?). Of course he was also a total cruel asshole to her when he lost his control over her, but he also was someone who saw and believed in her talent, and wanted to help her refine it to its highest possibility (and still wants that for her songs, despite himself). It seems certain no one around her ever tells her she's less than fantastic. Her mother might have been the only other person, and she's now gone.

With absolutely no one left to contradict her or check her greedy impulses, this is what you get.
__________________

Last edited by bombaysaffires; 07-22-2019 at 03:28 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 07-22-2019, 04:33 PM
jmn3 jmn3 is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 993
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
Her mother might have been the only other person, and she's now gone.

With absolutely no one left to contradict her or check her greedy impulses, this is what you get.
There has been a significant change in Stevie’s behavior and general ability to be a complete ass since her mother’s passing. It truly impacted her in a very negative way. I think her parents kept her, to some minimal degree, grounded.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 07-22-2019, 06:37 PM
Villavic's Avatar
Villavic Villavic is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Lima Peru
Posts: 2,906
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobwelchera View Post

Despite this being an unpopular opinion, I would have loved to have seen another record with the Time group.
It would have been interesting, but I'd have been glad to have seen another record with the Behind the Mask lineup instead of the Time lineup.

If it's true that Christine's Time songs were recorded separately from the full band and all guitar parts on these were played by session musician Michael Thompson, then this lineup was not enough strong to survive.
__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

RICK VITO SIGNED 8X10 PHOTO 3
$39.99
RICK VITO SIGNED 8X10 PHOTO 3 pictureRICK VITO SIGNED 8X10 PHOTO
$39.99
RICK VITO SIGNED 8X10 PHOTO pictureRICK VITO SIGNED 8X10 PHOTO 2
$39.99
RICK VITO SIGNED 8X10 PHOTO 2 pictureRick Vito “Fleetwood Mac” Guitarist Inscribed Autograph Photo COA
$39.95
Rick Vito “Fleetwood Mac” Guitarist Inscribed Autograph Photo COA pictureRichard Francis "Rick" Vito - Vintage photo
$25.9
Richard Francis



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:24 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
© 1995-2003 Martin and Lisa Adelson, All Rights Reserved