Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
But never Stevie and Lindsey. EVER.
Get that fake bull*** out of here!
Old 02-07-2024, 11:13 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
Get that fake bull*** out of here!
If they would hold hands and kiss, I'd projectile vomit all over the world! Look out, y'all!
Old 02-07-2024, 12:10 PM

Quote:
If they would hold hands and kiss, I'd projectile vomit all over the world! Look out, y'all!
It's just insulting at this point.
Old 02-07-2024, 01:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Given the circs, and John's probable retirement, some sort of Lindsey & Mick all-star band with rotating membership might be fun to go to. It looks like those two at least have made some sort of peace.

I don't think I could abide going to see Stevie with the other two (or three) as FM. I would prefer to leave my illusions intact from that magical 2014/15 tour.
Old 02-07-2024, 01:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

We are all in consensus which is rare for this board. But there is something glaring that I acknowledge. Mick always needs money. His 2 highest awards would be his Grammy and Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. He sold the RRHOF award. Lindsey even insinuated that one reason he agreed to do Tango was help Mick out financially. He fired Lindsey to help himself out financially. I cant see Mick ignoring one last chance at a big pay day. Sure he can have fun with the Zoo and Lindsey. But we all know who he needs for a big pay day. I believe he will call her and beg her to make amends and do it for him. History always repeats itself. I also think he is so desperate that he will find a replacement for his side kick John. Mick has done whatever he needs to do to make money even if it involves firing his guitarist, begging Chris for money, selling off his awards, etc. He was not a song writer. He does not get much on album sales. He needs to play gigs for money.

Last edited by Macfan4life; 02-07-2024 at 01:44 PM..
Old 02-07-2024, 01:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
It's just insulting at this point.
It's ridiculous.

So who's more pathetic? Mick or Lindsey?
Old 02-07-2024, 01:59 PM

Maybe he just wants to mimic her doing Rhiannon again!
Old 02-07-2024, 02:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villavic View Post
Surely he wanted to sound polite, but I think he should have refrained from saying that. Or the only decent explanation for this quote is that he knows something we don't. I always find ridiculous that the reason Stevie wanted the band to fire Lindsey was that story about the 2018 Musicares Gala. There had to be more than that, IMHO. And "that" could mean Lindsey did something more that bothered Stevie a lot, something really serious. Or she has mental problems and the band (yes the 3 members) agreed for money reasons.

And I agree that at this point is ridiculous and pathetic about they could be thinking in a reunion. War is over. Sorry, Fleetwood Mac is over .
Yeah--something else had to have occurred. LB and Mick have both referred to a general band unhappiness "about the way things were." That suggests an ongoing interpersonal and/or professional problem. I remember Rolling Stone article from 2015 (2016?) where Christine was astonished that they were still fighting, that their problems "should have been resolved a long time ago."
Old 02-07-2024, 03:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

The Buckingham Fleetwood idea is the most feasible…
featuring Mcvie for maybe two numbers…..The Chain with John’s iconic bass line being one of them.

No appearance from Stevie, so as a nod to her, Lindsey would have to sing one of her numbers..
Storms for instance.
Old 02-07-2024, 04:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sue View Post
The Buckingham Fleetwood idea is the most feasible…
featuring Mcvie for maybe two numbers…..The Chain with John’s iconic bass line being one of them.

No appearance from Stevie, so as a nod to her, Lindsey would have to sing one of her numbers..
Storms for instance.
Musicians are paid for TRAVELING, not for playing. There's NO WAY John is doing this.

Sorry.
Old 02-07-2024, 05:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sue View Post
The Buckingham Fleetwood idea is the most feasible… No appearance from Stevie, so as a nod to her, Lindsey would have to sing one of her numbers..
Storms for instance.
I think Crystal would be the better choice.
Old 02-07-2024, 05:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Please don't eat cebiche that day.
Old 02-07-2024, 06:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villavic View Post
Please don't eat cebiche that day.
Do you mean cerviche? I love it!

I hope you enjoy projectile "raw" seafood!

Hint- wear a poncho!
Old 02-07-2024, 06:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post

Mick always needs money.

Lindsey even insinuated that one reason he agreed to do Tango was help Mick out financially.
That was 37 years ago. Part of the reason he went with Carl Stubner after Dennis retired is because Carl was a money guy, first, and set Mick up with a financial manager.

“And Mr. Fleetwood is now planning to turn over the bulk of his funds to David Manashe, a friend of Mr. Stubner and a stock broker at Dean Witter Reynolds, a unit of Morgan Stanley, Dean Witter, Discover & Company.”

So, he has someone looking over his money and the child support days are over, with the younger daughters being 22.

https://www.nytimes.com/1997/11/30/b...-tomorrow.html

Whatever bankruptcies that have been reported since were for businesses, not his personal finances. Anything else is him licensing his name.

Plus, his property in Hawaii has to be worth a small fortune.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 02-07-2024, 06:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Musicians are paid for TRAVELING, not for playing. There's NO WAY John is doing this.
If John is still up for sailing, stick him, Mick and Lindsey on a cruise ship. Now there's a Rumours night for you!