The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 09-15-2014, 11:48 AM
Addicted Ledgie

FM performed "Oh Well" during Unleashed Tour. I'd trade NGBA for Oh Well since I think Lindsey would not allow NGBA to be traded for a Chris song!
Old 09-15-2014, 11:50 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I said this earlier, but can Stevie actually sing Seven Wonders? Would that put too much strain on her voice? If I were her, cut Silver Springs, move Landslide to the encores, and put Seven Wonders in the set. Or she could cut Rhiannon...she does leave that one out every other tour right?
Old 09-15-2014, 11:56 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams View Post
FM performed "Oh Well" during Unleashed Tour. I'd trade NGBA for Oh Well since I think Lindsey would not allow NGBA to be traded for a Chris song!
The biggest bummer with Lindsey is that he does the same damn guitar solos for every concert, both touring on his own and with Fleetwood Mac. I've loved them the few times I have seen him. I know he tears the roof off the place with So Afraid, but he's really hurting his guitar cred by sticking to the same songs time and time again. Maybe he legitimately would have to relearn some of those old songs we always mention (Tango in the Night or an acoustic version for something other than Big Love)? That's a lot to ask when time is short and he already has to relearn/ease back into Christine's song. I listened to the RedBeard interview and it seemed like guitar playing was never natural to him and he learned by experimenting; he doesn't read music...still, it's kind of sad that with the pay he's making he can't give us different guitar showcases.
Old 09-15-2014, 11:57 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I'm rather sad Seven Wonders won't be in the set but I guess they can only do so many songs, and the casuals buying tickets want the same old same old I guess.

Considering the bands near 50 year history it would be nice to have a brief video montage of all FM members past and present during the show, perhaps during the acoustic set or before an encore.

Sure would be nice to hear a hint of new music as well.
Old 09-15-2014, 12:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

If Stand Back isn't in, I'm rather shocked. I didn't think that would happen.

Michele
Old 09-15-2014, 12:41 PM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bethelblues View Post
I said this earlier, but can Stevie actually sing Seven Wonders? Would that put too much strain on her voice? If I were her, cut Silver Springs, move Landslide to the encores, and put Seven Wonders in the set. Or she could cut Rhiannon...she does leave that one out every other tour right?
Probably in a much lower key, or with a ton of lower harmony notes, which would just ruin the song, IMO Stevie uses that tactic a bit too often, almost no song is safe these days. I get the impression ever since she started with the vocal coach, she's played things extremely safely vocally.
Old 09-15-2014, 12:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post

Michele
Linds is going to need a new method of garnering a little sympathy from the audience...

"There’s nothing going on between you and me except that there will always be something going on between you and me. Until the day we die"
Old 09-15-2014, 01:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wdm6789 View Post
You're being ridiculous.
You're being naïve. Life goes on. I never saw the Beatles or Cream, but do I whine about it? No. Yes, you're lucky to see the Fireflies, but some/most? have seen them numerous times, the idea for CREATIVE people is to keep moving forward and let your audience catch up, not SERVE the audience. That's not creative, that's nostalgic bullsh*t. Sure, there's time & place for honoring an entity's legacy, but that's not what Fleetwood Mac has done for the last, oh, 17 years. Once Lindsey & Stevie returned in '97, it's been nothing but nostalgic bullsh*t. At least, with new personnel there was creativity. They've done nothing but jump on the Rumours hype bandwagon and stay there for eternity. It is crap, it was crap, it'll always BE crap. Stinking smelly CRAP!
Old 09-15-2014, 01:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiliD View Post
You're being naïve. Life goes on. I never saw the Beatles or Cream, but do I whine about it? No. Yes, you're lucky to see the Fireflies, but some/most? have seen them numerous times, the idea for CREATIVE people is to keep moving forward and let your audience catch up, not SERVE the audience. That's not creative, that's nostalgic bullsh*t. Sure, there's time & place for honoring an entity's legacy, but that's not what Fleetwood Mac has done for the last, oh, 17 years. Once Lindsey & Stevie returned in '97, it's been nothing but nostalgic bullsh*t. At least, with new personnel there was creativity. They've done nothing but jump on the Rumours hype bandwagon and stay there for eternity. It is crap, it was crap, it'll always BE crap. Stinking smelly CRAP!
AMEN! They've not been artists for 25 years.
MILK the public! Give em Tumours over and over!!!!
Old 09-15-2014, 01:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
AMEN! They've not been artists for 25 years.
MILK the public! Give em Tumours over and over!!!!
At least they could play some new music. Jeez
Old 09-15-2014, 02:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Then hold your nose. If you can't take the smell, then go smell elsewhere.
Old 09-15-2014, 02:24 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post

Michele
ME TOO!!!!!!!!
Old 09-15-2014, 02:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I still laugh about the idea of Dave Mason being called 'creative' in Fleetwood Mac. No. This line up still sells out arena's. That's the problem. They think they have to do the same songs over and over, to serve the audience. And they may even be right. If you want to see this band in 2014-2015, don't expect ANY risks. They ARE a nostalgia act. A damn good one, though. They still deliver a certain level of quality. Tusk is the best album ever, I don't have the illusion that this old band will reinvent itself ever again. I'm ready to dive in memorylane again and see them in concert. If there is an Amsterdam-gig. I'll buy their new album, if it ever surfaces. But it will not be a good fresh album. It will be a pityful attempt to catch something that roots in the past, and therefore it will never have the tension they were searching for back then.

Old 09-15-2014, 02:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

With all the old bands I have seen, I'm always really annoyed when they throw new stuff in their set, I don't want to see the new stuff, I want their classics. I saw Crosby Stills & Nash a month ago and they had a couple new songs but did not play Suite Judy Blue Eyes. I would have been much happier seeing Suite Judy Blue Eyes and cut the new songs.

Also, these bands should be serving the audience with these ticket prices, I paid $1050 for two 8th row floor seats. Fleetwood Mac better play what I want to see.

To each his own I guess. I prefer the nostalgia acts.

Last edited by Wdm6789; 09-15-2014 at 02:35 PM..
Old 09-15-2014, 02:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

And eh, if they kicked out Sara and Stand Back, there still is guts in this band.