The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 01-03-2014, 12:54 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I'm slightly somewhat grossed out about OMH possibly being about Lindsey. The thought of Lindsey and Christine together in any way other than as bandmates is just unnatural.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 01-03-2014, 01:05 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
I'm slightly somewhat grossed out about OMH possibly being about Lindsey. The thought of Lindsey and Christine together in any way other than as bandmates is just unnatural.
why would it be any more *unnatural* than any other pairings?

and, she said it's just her fantasy, her "ode to the gorgeous Lindsey".

i can ship Christine and Lindsey, easily - much more interesting than Stevie and Lindsey story.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 01-03-2014, 01:21 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
John and Christine made sense, Stevie and Lindsey made sense. Hell, even Stevie and Mick made sense. But Christine and Lindsey? No. She would have kicked his ass after two weeks. Cute only goes so far.

Quote:
i can ship Christine and Lindsey, easily - much more interesting than Stevie and Lindsey story.
Well, yeah. The Stevie and Lindsey story really isn't that interesting. Nor is the Chris and John story at its core. That two couples, and the drummer with his wife, survived is the only interesting part of that story, and really, it's not THAT interesting. In the Fleetwood Mac story, surviving the losses of Peter, Jeremy, and Danny, fighting a fake-Fleetwood Mac, and losing Bob Welch were far more interesting in the grand scheme of Fleetwood Mac. The couples splitting thing seems pretty inevitable in retrospect. I think that's why I get bored with it always getting brought up. We get it. You were lovers, now you're not. The band plays on.

If nothing else, I hope Christine's return sees the band focusing more on music than 35-40 year old scandals that everybody's actually over.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 01-03-2014, 01:43 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Same. I've always known Christine was attracted to Lindsey from looking at the older tour docs… it's obvious.. and it never bothered me because, duh. But…those lyrics.. this was a DEEP infatuation- and we are talking 1975, right at the get go. She's still with John, Stevie and Lindsey are very much ON at this point. And she's Stevie's primary confidant during the soon to be unraveling of the S&L relationship. It just made me a little ill to hear it.

I've always thought Christine used Lindsey as inspiration for her songwriting though- but in the context of his heartbreak.
Old 01-03-2014, 01:50 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
John and Christine made sense, Stevie and Lindsey made sense. Hell, even Stevie and Mick made sense. But Christine and Lindsey? No. She would have kicked his ass after two weeks. Cute only goes so far.
I wouldn't assume that Lindsey would do anything to get thrown out about, but if he did Christine is not really the type. She really doesn't have a record as a "no nonsense" person when it comes to her love life.

If that Daily Mail interview is to be believed, Christine was also recently reminiscing about her feelings for Peter Green.

While she's in the mood, I'd like to know if she and Steve Winwood were more than just childhood chums.

Michele
Old 01-03-2014, 01:51 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by brickney723 View Post
Same. I've always known Christine was attracted to Lindsey from looking at the older tour docs… it's obvious.. and it never bothered me because, duh. But…those lyrics.. this was a DEEP infatuation- and we are talking 1975, right at the get go. She's still with John, Stevie and Lindsey are very much ON at this point. And she's Stevie's primary confidant during the soon to be unraveling of the S&L relationship.
maybe she had an ulterior motif?

if you listen to Lindsey's portion of the interview, he says that Christine and John were well on their way of being separated when SnL joined, and that he and Stevie were on and off since at least the time BN tanked (and we know Landslide and Monday Morning were written well before them joining FM), but were officially still together (they were "not history" yet he says, while Christine and John actually were).

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 01-03-2014, 01:56 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Same. I've always known Christine was attracted to Lindsey from looking at the older tour docs… it's obvious.. and it never bothered me because, duh. But…those lyrics.. this was a DEEP infatuation- and we are talking 1975, right at the get go.
Kind of reminds me of Mick saying how Lindsey was smoking pot and commented that there was something between Stevie and Mick, right from the start.

As for Christine, I remember being struck at the way she kept stroking Lindsey's hair during his BTM cameo. It was very tactile.

I don't think Christine and Lindsey were romantically involved really, but I hope she's heard SATC. Because it makes me think of her. Maybe she'll hear herself in it too.

Michele
Old 01-03-2014, 01:58 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Kind of reminds me of Mick saying how Lindsey was smoking pot and commented that there was something between Stevie and Mick, right from the start.

As for Christine, I remember being struck at the way she kept stroking Lindsey's hair during his BTM cameo. It was very tactile.

I don't think Christine and Lindsey were romantically involved really, but I hope she's heard SATC. Because it makes me think of her. Maybe she'll hear herself in it too.

Michele
i know. for whatever reason that song immediately came to my head as the rumors of Christine's possible return started.

Old 01-03-2014, 02:07 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
i know. for whatever reason that song immediately came to my head as the rumors of Christine's possible return started.
Elle, I don't know if you've heard Come Out to Play, but it's a fun song. I believe we should stay sister and brother.

Michele
Old 01-03-2014, 02:15 AM

Quote:

and, she said it's just her fantasy, her "ode to the gorgeous Lindsey".

I just figured out why we are such good friends!!! I can't agree more.
Old 01-03-2014, 03:13 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Talking

Quote:
maybe she had an ulterior motif?

if you listen to Lindsey's portion of the interview, he says that Christine and John were well on their way of being separated when SnL joined, and that he and Stevie were on and off since at least the time BN tanked (and we know Landslide and Monday Morning were written well before them joining FM), but were officially still together (they were "not history" yet he says, while Christine and John actually were).
So Fleetwood Mac Fleetwood Mac was recorded in Jan-Feb of 1975. The McVies didn't separate until the following year, though surely they were rocky. As far as S & L, at least in Lindsey's eyes, they were very much ON. Poor Lindsey.

As far as SATC goes and SWS in general- many of those songs speak to me of his ever evolving relationship with Nicks.. really don't think he often veers off message.
Old 01-03-2014, 09:16 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
I hope she's heard SATC. Because it makes me think of her. Maybe she'll hear herself in it too.
Ok, I'm horrible with all the damned acronyms... is SATC Sleeping Around The Corner? I've been googling like crazy trying to figure it out. I've never heard that song... I didn't realize it existed until I just found the Wikipedia article on Seeds We Sow. I can't find it anywhere online to listen to it, either.
Old 01-03-2014, 12:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post
Ok, I'm horrible with all the damned acronyms... is SATC Sleeping Around The Corner? I've been googling like crazy trying to figure it out. I've never heard that song... I didn't realize it existed until I just found the Wikipedia article on Seeds We Sow. I can't find it anywhere online to listen to it, either.
yes. itunes exclusive extra for SWS.

seemingly he sings about someone waiting to get papers to stay legally in the country, while using some british expressions. (clearly about Stevie )

music is very Chrsitine-reminiscent, to at least several of us.

Old 01-03-2014, 01:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

hmmm.. food for thought.. He uses a British expression in Goodbye Angel as well… could be about Christine.. (not)

Trust me, I am not a shipper.. I don't care at all where his affections lie. I'm just observing and looking at everything logically- and think it's totally fascinating.
Old 01-03-2014, 01:49 PM

Quote:
hmmm.. food for thought.. He uses a British expression in Goodbye Angel as well… could be about Christine.. (not)

Trust me, I am not a shipper.. I don't care at all where his affections lie. I'm just observing and looking at everything logically- and think it's totally fascinating.
Open your eyes and look at the day, you'll see things in a different way.