The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.
View Poll Results: Primary preference - BN, FM, or solo artist(s)?
Fleetwood Mac 52 54.74%
Buckingham Nicks 14 14.74%
solo artist (doesn't matter whether LB, SN, or CM) 29 30.53%
Voters: 95. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-02-2012, 08:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
good question. since the poll is in the Rumours era forum, this poll is focused on that era too.

that's why i put in as solo artists just Stevie, Lindsey and Christine, and not others who are represented in separate forums (e.g., Peter Green, or Mick's various non-FM bands).
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
Yeah, why no Zoo or Gotta Band???
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsfan View Post
I think Elle already addressed that. Because this is the Rumours forum
thanks, yes... if people would only scroll up

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
It was MICK FLEETWOOD'S Zoo and JOHN McVIE'S Gotta Band.
see above.

however, if you want to put Billy, Mick, Peter Green or anybody as as solo acts in the 3rd bucket too, that would make complete sense to me too... you may want to just note it in your comment here.
Old 06-02-2012, 08:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
Personally I don't think we're running out of time for anything. As far as we know both Lindsey and Stevie are in good health. Being in your 60's really isn't old age considering I'm 50 and all my siblings are in their 50's and my oldest sibling is 62 and we're all healthy. Great singer's will perform until they die. These guys may live to be well into their late 80's or longer and that's why I don't want to hear any more talk from you young Ledgies about a farewell BN album or a farewell FM album. They may be making albums for another ten or twenty years for all we know.
love it!! what do you think how old we are? (don't answer that!)
Old 06-02-2012, 08:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by billwebster View Post
As the first CD by one of the core quintet, I got the "Out Of the Cradle" CD because I enjoyed Billy Burnette's music and thought Lindsey Buckingham was a bandmate of his. Well, he was but not exactly.

There is no option in the poll for fans of other members so I just mention it here.
thanks, i really appreciate that. i wasn't sure whether non-Rumours era fans will go into this forum so i listed just Rumours era lineup members / songwriters. i do realize that doesn't make complete sense considering LB, SN and CV have their own forums too.

so i guess if your preference is anybody solo (BB, PG, or maybe one of Mick's various separate bands, etc), that could go into the solo bucket too, with the note like yours. of course that might complicate the whole FM bucket too, since any FM would then need to count also...
Old 06-02-2012, 08:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Aanyone could play the drums, bass or guitar as far as I am concerned.
And here's why you're wrong

Buckingham Nicks playing "Rhiannon"

Fleetwood Mac playing "Rhiannon"

If you really can't hear the difference or what Mick, John, and Christine brought to that song, then you need to get your ears checked. I could hear any band in any town USA (or elsewhere) do something like the Buckingham Nicks version of Rhiannon. It's pretty basic. Nothing too special. But the Fleetwood Mac version is a rock legend. It has subtlety. It has style. It even has hints of the blues. It's one of the most inspired performance pieces ever, and that wouldn't have happened with JUST any bassist, drummer, guitarist, etc (as in Stevie wouldn't have been as inspired if the band didn't rock that hard).
Old 06-02-2012, 09:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
These guys may live to be well into their late 80's or longer and that's why I don't want to hear any more talk from you young Ledgies about a farewell BN album or a farewell FM album. They may be making albums for another ten or twenty years for all we know.
So, we can get like maybe two more Fleetwood Mac studio albums?

Quote:
however, if you want to put Billy, Mick, Peter Green or anybody as as solo acts in the 3rd bucket too, that would make complete sense to me too... you may want to just note it in your comment here.
Nah, I voted Fleetwood Mac. For me, it's all about Mick, John, Christine, and a wonderful cast of characters. However, Mick DID have a full-blown solo album (The Visitor) credited only to him, and that's probably my favorite solo album from the "Rumours" lot if only because of how daring it was. Screw Paul Simon! (Yes, that's a Graceland joke.)
Old 06-03-2012, 01:16 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

i own only Tusk and SYW out of FM studio albums, and all LB's studio and live albums, DVDs and blu-rays.

This shocks me. How long
have you been a fan?

I picked Buckingham Nicks just
because it's time to Shut Us Down.
Old 06-03-2012, 01:23 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamnotafraid View Post
This shocks me. How long
have you been a fan?
two years. why does it shock you?
Old 06-03-2012, 01:31 AM
Addicted Ledgie

(full disclosure:

i do have Greatest Hits, The Very Best Of, The Dance, Live in Boston and Destiny Rules too, out of FM material. but those are not studio albums. i was somewhat surprised too when i realized i only own 2 of their studio albums.)
Old 06-03-2012, 01:39 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
two years. why does it shock you?
I always make the mistake of thinking
we're all close in age. So maybe you
haven't had the time to complete your
collection yet. Plus the $$$ can add
up quickly building a complete set of all
the Mac's offerings, in a two year period
anyway.

You seem like such a huge fan of Lindsey's,
I'm guessing you plan on adding the other
studio albums, right?
Old 06-03-2012, 11:28 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamnotafraid View Post
You seem like such a huge fan of Lindsey's,
I'm guessing you plan on adding the other
studio albums, right?
see my follow-up post above about the live and best of albums that i also have. there are maybe what? 1 or 2? Rumours songs that are not on some or all of these other releases. same with White Album. like many other people, i would sequence differently many of FM studio albums, or pick some songs but not others. the way i went about picking what to actually buy was mostly by listening to all these albums via things like rhapsody etc, and then buying what i liked the most. i really don't like most of Mirage or Tango. there are people who are production buffs and like to see what was done in different eras... however i dislike the sound and feeling of Tango. PG-era albums would be incomparably higher on my list than these. while i think relatively early LB songs like ISA, MM, or SHN are amazing, i tend to like ISA better in its thousands of different live iterations (i LOVE it on his current tour!)... and i am not a fan of LB's young high voice (think Crystal). i like the way his music has progressed over the years and love where he is now.

also, Lindsey's music is so varied... i know many people who are just as huge LB fans who love all those LB songs that i really dislike, and vice versa. Lindsey himself seems to be fond of some of his songs like Treason or UTS which are definitely not among my favorites, to put it nicely. what i find and love in his music may be (and seems to be!) very different from what somebody else does. so, to answer your question - i don't know.
Old 06-03-2012, 11:38 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

I'd be fine with a Buckingham Nicks album, but I still want a Fleetwood Mac album. I guess what I really want is to know what is going to happen. If FM doesn't intend to do another album, I want to know. If Lindsey and Stevie have no intention of doing anything as BN, I just want them to tell us!

As much as I love Fleetwood Mac and most anything/anyone to do with Fleetwood Mac, I feel that the fans get jerked around a lot!!! We've spent a lot of time waiting (and waiting)!!
Old 06-03-2012, 04:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluefox4000 View Post
I love FM but I'm more invested in solo work at this point.....Mainly Lindsey. But my interest in Stevie has been peaked with IYD.

The Mac seems, at this point anyway, a dead entity.

Mick
Yay Mick!!!

I know I'm repeating myself but please no more FM, no BN, just Small Machine for ever more!!!
Old 06-03-2012, 04:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nico View Post
I love Fleetwood Mac dearly. There is never a question of that. And I honestly would be overjoyed if Buckingham-Nicks ever did decide to tour as a duo and the energy that their collaboration would give off...ugh, so beautiful.

But I would be lying if I didn't say that I am a straight up Lindsey girl through and through. He is my main draw to Fleetwood Mac at all, and his music is what I listen to more than anything related to FM. I've seen him live far more times than FM or SN and I am truly, sincerely in love with that man's music and artistry. He never fails to blow me away.

Old 06-04-2012, 08:15 AM
Addicted Ledgie

#1 Buckingham/Nicks
#2 Stevie Solo
#3 F/Mac
Old 06-04-2012, 08:43 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I'd be happy with just about anything, really.

However, my top 2 choices would be BN and then FM. Love Stevie and Lindsey both solo obviously, but with the caliber of their recent releases, I'm ESPECIALLY interested to see what they may be able to do together.