User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 09-13-2005, 08:26 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidMn
Oh, back when I was in high school., I'd drive into the parking lot playing Fleetwood Mac, and my friends would all say they're old man, get with it. I never wavered in my support though. I just knew somehow that my band would still be around while whoever the hell they were listening to at the time would fade away.......

Very good point.... i remember saying something similar to my sister & her worship of N'Sync when we were in high school.... now they're gone for good & Fleetwood Mac is still kicking their ass
Old 09-13-2005, 08:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GypsyNomad
Very good point.... i remember saying something similar to my sister & her worship of N'Sync when we were in high school.... now they're gone for good & Fleetwood Mac is still kicking their ass
N'Sync OH MY
Old 09-13-2005, 08:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I remember Tesla and other hair bands of that ilk were all the rage back then. Well now most of them have cut their hair and gotten real jobs...
Old 09-13-2005, 10:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: ... in the shadow of this strange, strong love of you

Quote:
What's more annoying to you guys? When someone spells Lindsey's name Lindsay, when People spell Rumours Rumors, or when people think Stevie is a guy. I had that happen to me the other day. I went into this record store and this like 16 year old with a huge nose ring was working. I asked him where the Stevie Nicks section was. He told me, WHo's HE?!?!?!?! I shook my head and walked away. I dont know whether to laugh or cry.

Honestly? I've got much bigger things to worry about. Like the fact that I've been locked out of my job now for 5 weeks (for those unfamiliar with - this is a labour dispute - my employer has locked us out over a contract dispute. I have no income - I'm walking a picket line) - where my mortgage payment is coming from is a tad more important to me right now.

I don't force my love of FM or SN on anyone. I wouldn't want them to force their love of another band on me. I don't know the names of half the "bid stars" on radio right now. Big deal. To each his/her own. Seriously, there are more important things to spend time thinking about.

"We're rock stars. We are not nice."
Stevie Nicks, the sage mother goddess fierce gypsy bitch we adore.
Old 09-13-2005, 10:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by catinthedark
Honestly? I've got much bigger things to worry about. Like the fact that I've been locked out of my job now for 5 weeks (for those unfamiliar with - this is a labour dispute - my employer has locked us out over a contract dispute. I have no income - I'm walking a picket line) - where my mortgage payment is coming from is a tad more important to me right now.

I don't force my love of FM or SN on anyone. I wouldn't want them to force their love of another band on me. I don't know the names of half the "bid stars" on radio right now. Big deal. To each his/her own. Seriously, there are more important things to spend time thinking about.
Thanks for that much needed dose of perspective. I hope everything works out alright with your job.
Old 09-13-2005, 10:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by paleshadow
Thanks for that much needed dose of perspective. I hope everything works out alright with your job.

Thanks. I really, really appreciate that. I'm having a particularly bad day today. I do apologize for my bitchy post, but it's truly how I'm feeling right now.

Old 09-13-2005, 11:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Fighting foh the Nohthun Stah...NO SPEED LIMIT! BITCH! THIS IS THE FAST LANE!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by catinthedark

I'm so sorry, dear. Do you think there will be any resolution soon? How long without you paying does it take for the bank to foreclose? (I rent, I don't know about such things). Do you have food? Is there anyone else in your house that works?

I've been in the same situation many, many, many, times. (like just last week JK. ) of maybe not having somewhere to live, and it's so frightening. it really is hard to think of anything else as "important".

Whehyll I can do EHYT!! Wehyll I can make it WAHN moh thihme! (wheyllit'sA reayllongwaytogooo! To say goodbhiiy!) -

Last edited by amber; 09-14-2005 at 12:03 AM..
Old 09-14-2005, 12:02 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by amber
I'm so sorry, dear. Do you think there will be any resolution soon? How long without you paying does it take for the bank to foreclose? (I rent, I don't know about such things). Do you have food? Is there anyone else in your house that works?

I've been in the same situation many, many, many, times. (like just last week ) of maybe not having somewhere to live, and it's so frightening. it really is hard to think of anything else as "important".
Thanks, Amber. You're right - I am finding it really hard to think of much else these days. Also because, once we do go back to work (whenever that might be), we don't really know what it will be. Management is inside right now making God knows what changes. It could be a whole different ball game. Anyway, no way of knowing when it might be resolved. I have set end of September as my time to start seriously looking elsewhere. I don't want to leave, but I can't hold on forever. I am the sole breadwinner - right now, and since this all began, I'm spending on only the bare essentials (ie. cheap groceries!) and the rest of my money and savings is going to my mortgage, condo fees, taxes, etc. And it's starting to dwindle. it's not a nice place to be, and I'm starting to feel more than a little stressed.

I hope things work out for you, too. These kinds of situations really put a lot in persepective, don't they? Good luck...

Old 09-14-2005, 12:32 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
What's more annoying to you guys? When someone spells Lindsey's name Lindsay, when People spell Rumours Rumors, or when people think Stevie is a guy. I had that happen to me the other day. I went into this record store and this like 16 year old with a huge nose ring was working. I asked him where the Stevie Nicks section was. He told me, WHo's HE?!?!?!?! I shook my head and walked away. I dont know whether to laugh or cry.
I'm not annoyed, just confused: 1) You couldn't find the N's in the rock section without asking the kid behind the counter? 2) What on earth did you need in the Stevie section anyway? Don't you own all of her albums? The last time I went anywhere near the Stevie Nicks CDs in a music store was the day TISL came out.

That said, I would have been incredibly annoyed at the nose-ring kid, too, not because he didn't know who Stevie is, but because it seems like he gave you such grief and was so put out, all because HE was the ignorant one. There are so many thousands of musicians in the world releasing CDs, it amazes me that somebody working in a record store would be at all surprised to have a customer ask them about someone they've never heard of.
Old 09-14-2005, 05:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

It annoys me when people are sarcastic and rude when responding to a thread that was obviously meant to be lighthearted and funny. (not you Cat...I understand where you are coming from). What's the deal?

Oh........And all three of the things mentioned in the original post get to me.
Old 09-14-2005, 09:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Umm I am not sure if this is the thread to post it in but what seriously pisses me off is when people say Stevie sounds like a goat when she sings. I have gotten into big fights over it-lol! My whole life , people either love Stevie or they don't !
Old 09-14-2005, 09:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicksluvver
Umm I am not sure if this is the thread to post it in but what seriously pisses me off is when people say Stevie sounds like a goat when she sings. I have gotten into big fights over it-lol! My whole life , people either love Stevie or they don't !

Well, I love her lots, but OY sometimes it was goatwoman - esp. around Mirage. I think she knows that too because she has said she has a strange or funny voice.

save the cheerleader - save the world
Old 09-14-2005, 09:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicksluvver
That always pissed me off, too. My little brother says that to me all the time. I should smack him one of these days.

Last edited by WildInTheWind; 09-15-2005 at 08:15 AM..
Old 09-14-2005, 10:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Fleetwood Mac related things that annoy me:

When people claiming to be fans misspell their names.

When people who write album reviews misspell their names.

When people assume Lindsey is a woman (though I suppose I should forgive them that one, since I assumed LB was a woman when I first read the name).

When fans assume every LB song is about SN and vice versa.

When fans talk s*** about Lindsey's wife.

When Ledgies use acronyms in place of song/album titles. Half the time I never do figure out what the heck they're talking about. (I'm guilty of doing it too from time to time, but I usually make an effort not to.)

When Ebay sellers describe Walter Egan as an "ex-Fleetwood Mac guitarist/singer"

That's all for now.
Old 09-15-2005, 04:38 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I agree with most of those but I love using acronyms for long album/song titles. I find it useful myself.