Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 03-14-2003, 03:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Cool your favortie clip

I wanted to change the flow of this site. What is your favorite clip from the new Say You Will C.D that you have heard up to now?

For me it is the new thrown down, I play that over and over. I just love the way Stevie sings it so much passion.
There is so much to love about it.
Old 03-14-2003, 03:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Destiny Rules...i don't know why..but that is the one that caught me..i think it is a really great song and i can't wait to hear the rest of it

"I walk on stage, I'm very strong, I'm still pretty cute and I rock." -Stevie Nicks
Old 03-14-2003, 04:10 PM
Ledgie

Thanks Alison, we really need some relief!
I love Destiny Rules (it KICKS!) & Thrown Down ~

Thrown Down:
first it had to grow on me, then I fell in love with it, THEN it was changed, and I wasn't sure about that cuz I had loved it so much as it was... now I love this one too...I really do like the new added verse.. lol, I guess this is one I'll like whatever gets done to it (never heard the Stevie demo though)

have only listened to Destiny Rules a few times but it is my other favorite!

I've been trying really hard to abstain from listening too much since we are so close now... but hey, I am feeling a need to get back to the music..!!

for once. I am almost GLAD to be broke!!!
Old 03-14-2003, 07:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

"Destiny Rules' I can't get this one out of my head ,The other 2 are great also.It seems Stevie really has her songwriting craft down considering she wrote 4 of the new songs for the lp in a month that she set aside specifically to do that.Can't wait to hear "Silver Girl and"Illume'.

Old 03-14-2003, 08:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Hard to confess...

...but "Say You Will" is my favorite by far!

I like the Lindsey riff to it, the Christine-like lyrics (say what you want, I find them Christine-like )... and the fact that it's a catchy song, as opposed to an annoying track that gets stuck on your head. It will be a GREAT second single.

Song of the moment - What's The World Coming To
Old 03-14-2003, 10:10 PM
Senior Ledgie

I gotta go with Christian - "Say You Will" is amazing! I love how the lyrics kind of wrap around each other -- "you," "me," "me" and "you" again! I agree that it will be a defining 2nd single for this album...

It's a "fever dance"...

-Josh

Old 03-14-2003, 10:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Heart The new Thrown Down

I'm definitely most intrigued by the updated Thrown Down and looking forward to hearing it in its entirety the most.
-Sonia
"So I close my eyes softly... till I become that part of the wind that we all long for sometimes. And to those that I love like a ghost through a fog, like a charmed hour and a haunted song, and the angel... of my dreams"

"All alone we suffer. Oh, to steal your heart away."
Old 03-14-2003, 11:09 PM
thewhitewingedd
This message has been deleted by thewhitewingedd.
Old 03-15-2003, 12:47 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I love what I have heard from the song Say You Will. I also love Thrown Down, especially the new lyrics. I must say, however, I think she should have come in higher in the chorus. Also, I do not like her voice in Destiny Rules. To me, she sounds flat in he beginning of it. Having said that, I do not dislike any of the three.

I cannot wait to hear Come!!!!!!!!

save the cheerleader - save the world
Old 03-15-2003, 12:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Cool The New Clips

Well I really like all of them.....

What's The World Coming To - Didn't care for it too much at first but this one has grown on me the most.

Thrown Down - So pleasantly surprised with the new arrangement of the song. It's gone from I wish they would have left this off the cd to WOW I just love this song. One of my favorites.

SYW - This song is my favorite of the new batch of songs...so far. I'm thinking it will be the second single. It comes closest to perfection in terms of music, lyrics, vocals/harmonies. As some other Ledgies said it does have that "Angel" sound to it. How cool is that?!

Steal Your Heart Away - I love this Lindsey song, it's heartwrenching. It just sounds so sad. Beautiful song.

Destiny Rules - I love the music on this one. The only problem I have with it are Stevie's vocals on the verses......I can hear the goat/sheep jokes coming now! On the chorus she sounds better. What I can't figure out is how we hear a vocal like her's on TD, which to me sounds strong and clear(no baaaa vibratos), and then on DR it sounds like she is doing a Petty/Dylan imitation(which isn't totally bad ). Stevie......"the voice of many colors".

Joe
Old 03-15-2003, 08:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

It's hard to pick just one . . .

I love the new version of "Thrown Down". This arrangement is so much better than the earlier "leaked" version. Much more dramatic in my opinion. "Destiny Rules" and "Say You Will" are both awesome as expected, but not as stunning to me as "Thrown Down". I liked "Steal Your Heart Away" already because it is one of my favorite GOS demos. "What's the World Coming To" has grown on me, but the first time I heard it, I must admit, I didn't like it too much! I think the beginning of the song threw me a little - I guess I expected something more dramatic for an opening song, that's all. I can't wait to hear the full versions of all of these songs!

I might change my vote once I hear the new version of "Smile At You" that is supposed to be on AOL first listen . . .

Well, someday when we're older
And my hair is silver gray
Unbraid with all of the love that you have
Like a soft, silver chain . . .
Old 03-15-2003, 09:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Well, I really like Stevie's songs. I love SYW and Destiny Rules is great. I believe in past lives and Karma, so I really relate to the words.
Old 03-15-2003, 10:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Does Peacekeeper count as a "clip"..? If so, then definitely Peackeeper. If not, then without a shadow of a doubt it would have to be What's The World Coming To......what a great, great song!

The first time I click play for "Come" I think my heart is gonna be beating so fast it will shake the ground!

Old 03-15-2003, 10:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Exclamation HA!!

Quote:
Originally posted by seteca
The first time I click play for "Come" I think my heart is gonna be beating so fast it will shake the ground!

Well, when I hear Come and RED ROVER (!!!), my heart will be beating a trazillion miles an hour too, and because of us they are gonna declare it a WORLDWIDE earthquake!! LOL ONE MONTH FROM TODAY FOLKS!!!!!! EEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!