User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 03-03-2009, 06:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
I'd like to see a Buckingham Nicks song in the set. They have an old Mac tune, so it seems appropriate. The set list is still small enough to where Crying In The Night, could be added to the acoustic set (with Mick and John), in between Landslide and NGBA.
You'd think given the significance of "Frozen Love" and the fact that it supposedly was what Mick heard when he came up with the idea of asking Lindsey join the band, they might try adding it to the setlist? Especially on a tour that isn't promoting a new album and is reflecting on their back catalog. I know it's not a "hit" per se, but I can't believe they never played it again since what, '75, '76?

With the right intro..."this next song is actually a song from an album Stevie and I did before we joined Fleetwood Mac...." You know, let people know the significance of the song to their presence in the band. Mind boggling. They ignore almost everything from after 1979 and everything before 1975 (except Oh Well, and that's only once so far in years).
Old 03-03-2009, 07:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

rambles....

I really like that they are opening with Monday Morning and closing with Silver Springs.

I agree with another poster that Never Going Back Again, as well as Big Love should be done with a full band. And rendering Dreams acoustic would be a nice re-interpretation.

Drop the solo numbers and Don't Stop and add songs like That's Alright, Tango In The Night and Sisters of The Moon.

And they could at least give a nod to their last album with Thrown Down and Steal Your Heart Away. And Frozen Love would be amazing.

And...regulate The Chain to an encore.

I give them credit for adding Storms and changing the song order slightly. But it still seems a bit stale...like rearranging the same deck of cards.

Last edited by PenguinHead; 03-03-2009 at 07:27 PM..
Old 03-03-2009, 08:41 PM
Senior Ledgie

Smile setlist replacements

I'll have to say that Pittsburgh was just the first night of the tour. Let them get the kinks out. I wasn't at the show, but from watching the video links of others, Stevie did a great job on Silver Springs. Lindsey doing Oh Well didn't seem too bad either. I can really do without the acoustic Big Love, as it has been repeated before, it's getting very tired.

Monday Morning
The Chain
Dreams
IKINW
Gypsy (keep....I know with work you guys can make this the beautiful gem live that it can be!)
Go Insane
Rhiannon
Second Hand News (dump and replace with Tango)
Tusk
Sara (dump and replace with Sisters of the Moon)
Big Love (dump and replace with Come)
Landslide (DUMP, really time to change this one up. perhaps replace it with I Don't Want to Know?)
NGBA
STORMS
SYLM (they should not be performing this without Christine, it lacks her personal touch that only she can add to this song....replace with Blue Letter)
GDW
Oh Well
I'm So Afraid
Stand Back (Stand Back is getting kind of old, even though I like it, perhaps replace with STRAIGHT BACK...that would ROCK)
GYOW (dump and replace with Hold Me)
ENCORES:
World Turning
Don't Stop (dump and replace with Seven Wonders)
Silver Springs
Old 03-04-2009, 05:28 PM
Junior Ledgie

Ok, this would possibly be the most satisfied I could be with the set list!!! ENJOY !!!!!

1. MONDAY MORNING (Its the first song if you begin their whole body of work with Stevie and Lindsey. Perfect!)
2. DREAMS (Gotta Be There. Classic hit everyone knows to start up the greatest hits)
3. I"M SO AFRAID (It would be neat to have a the song dreams connect with this one and also it has a slow rock build up.)
4. GYPSY (The most addicting Stevie Nicks song for me probably. Love It)
5. I DON'T WANNA KNOW (Get the Crowd clapping and having fun since the start. Good fun time!!)
6. BLUE LETTER (Nice rare jem from Lindsey to play from the white album)
7. RHIANNON (If this wasn't played, they'd get yelled at. Stevie's first hit!)
8. SECOND HAND NEWS (Nice lead in off of Rhiannon. And its the opening to Rumours, so everyone will no the words!!!)
9. SARA (Second most catchy Stevie Nicks song for me)
10. BIG LOVE (Let the Accoustic begin!)
11. LANDSLIDE (It's a must. Its a Stevie and Lindsey Show people!)
12. NEVER GOING BACK AGAIN (It's a Lindsey Staple, gotta be there)
13. STORMS (Fans will go wild over it)
14. SAY YOU LOVE ME (We love and miss you Christine!)
15. GOLD DUST WOMAN (Rock on Gold Dust Woman!!)
16. OH WELL (Oh well, it rocks!!!!!
17. SISTERS OF THE MOON (Just a nice breath of Fresh air for a change. Wouldn't you agree? I'm sure you will.)
18. TUSK (Good Rocker lead in for GYOW)
19. GO YOU"RE OWN WAY (Final closing song before the encore. A Good one to make the crowd want more. Plus, its the definitive song of the group.)

ENCORES:
20. THE CHAIN (Opening riffs for the Encore with make everyone scream!!!! Good opener for it)
21. WORLD TURNING
22. DON"T STOP (Gotta Be There. It's a Must!)
23. SAY GOODBYE (The perfect, absolutely perfect closing song for a night with Stevie Nicks and Lindsey Buckingham on stage. This would make the whole concert no matter what, have you feeling moved and felt like you just watched a autobiographical story take place through music.
Old 03-04-2009, 06:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Monday Morning
The Chain
Destiny Rules
Love Runs Deeper
Gypsy (acoustic)
The Right Place to Fade
Running Through the Garden
Second Hand News
Can't go Back
Sara