User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 01-07-2015, 09:46 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by tabruns View Post
I'm also still hoping for a double album, titled Red Sun, after one of the Buckingham/McVie songs they've recorded. I love the imagery of that, especially if it really is meant to be their last album. And if its their last, they really should go out with a double.
Wow. I'm actually obsessed with the idea of that title.

Though the possibility of a double might more or less teeter on the quality of material Stevie will or will not eventually produce.

Last edited by pauls90; 01-07-2015 at 09:53 PM..
Old 01-08-2015, 12:14 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
Agreed!!! Damn you Elle and your hatred for one of my fav Lindsey tunes.
Now, I wouldn't defend Holiday Road or even Did You Miss Me, but Elle's treatment of Trouble is unconscionable.

Michele
Old 01-08-2015, 02:03 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post
I couldn't disagree more. I feel Lindsey's 21st century fast-acoustic songs like Bel Air Rain, Rock Away Blind, Red Rover, Shut Us Down, etc are the best individual songs of his career. Not just that, those type songs are truly unique in style and are what sets Lindsey apart from other artists.

What I really wouldn't want to hear from him is more middle of the road gutless dreck like his EP and recent soundtrack contributions. Say what you will about Lindsey's fast-acoustic songs, but they have artistic teeth to them.
Mmmm I like your point of view, thanks!
I won't deny that his style and his way to play are simply amazing, and that's why I really like his contributions. I really enjoyed One Man Show!

Well, anyway, it's OK, he can create those songs for a solo album, but for a FM album, I think he can -or would, or must- create another kind of songs. I guess they've got lot of tracks from the Mirage and the Tango sessions. Why they don't work with those? Stevie re-recorded herself The Dealer for her last album, and it was from the Tusk sessions too...And Christine maybe returned with a box of surprises! What I'm saying, is that they can sound like the 80s Mac, but maybe closer to the 21st century sound.

Regards!
Mark.

Last edited by moon; 01-08-2015 at 02:10 AM..
Old 01-08-2015, 09:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tabruns View Post
I'm also still hoping for a double album, titled Red Sun, after one of the Buckingham/McVie songs they've recorded. I love the imagery of that, especially if it really is meant to be their last album. And if its their last, they really should go out with a double.
I love the imagery of that, too!
Old 01-08-2015, 09:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
see, too my ears White Album and Rumours have a completely different sound and production. White Album is cold, disconnected collection of some good and some exceptional songs sounding completely boring when put together. warmth you are talking about and that you hear in soundtrack version of Twisted is similar to Dashut-Caillat-Buckingham warmth of Rumours. Thrown Down from SYW has that similar sound, and that may be why so many fans of Rumours sound seem to latch onto it so much.

this difference in sound and warmth actually makes sense, considering the producer of White Album is Keith Olsen.

like you, i'm just describing what i'm hearing and feeling when hearing it and would love to hear opinions of people with at least some handle on music production.
I've always loved the bright production sound on the white album. But you are right in noting that the album sounds very different from Rumours. One of Olsen's decisions was to bring the bass and drums up more prominently in the mix. That gives the album a kind of solid underpinning but, at the same time, it's rather light on the top end--comparatively little integration of guitar or vocals into the mix. As songs, Rhiannon, Warm Ways, and Say You Love benefit much from the production. Others, however, seem to want to open up more.

I wish the bass was featured more in the mix from Rumours, but other than that, it has a warm, integrated feeling. And the musicians appear to be more confident. Lindsey in particular.
Old 01-08-2015, 11:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

My hope for the sound of the new album (and I believe we will see one, sometime in 2016) is an earthy rhythm section driven sound with just the right amounts of guitar and keyboard with three part hamonies on every track (a guy can dream can't he) every song will be cowritten with one individual track from each writer
Old 01-08-2015, 11:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

On song featuring the lead vocal styling of John McVie. (And, it's the best song on the album.)

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 01-09-2015, 12:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

"Lizard People, part 2"
Old 01-13-2015, 11:11 AM
Addicted Ledgie

The new album should showcase the vocal ability of all three singers, and specifically, should emphasize the wonderful sound of the three singers harmonizing with one another. I think they should go beyond putting a little backing vocals on each other's songs (as they did on Say You Will), and feature real vocal collaborations. I was just listening to a Buckingham/Nicks live version of "I Don't Want To Know," and Lindsey and Stevie sounded great, singing the entire song together.

I want to hear more songs like that, and I want to hear a couple of Lindsey/Christine collaborations, and I want to hear a song where all three of them either sing together for the entire song or at least trade lead vocals for the entire song. And I want to hear a song where Christine and Stevie share the lead vocal. I think a song with the lead shared by the two ladies of the band would get a lot of attention.

In other words, I want a band album. If this winds up sounding like three solo EPs mixed together I will be disappointed.
Old 01-23-2015, 02:19 AM
Addicted Ledgie

1/21/2015 Good for Utah

http://www.good4utah.com/story/d/sto...m0mH5vemF8gLig

Adam Reader's List of the Five Most Anticipated Albums of 2015

Fleetwood Mac

There remains unfinished business for Fleetwood Mac. Their last album, 2003's Say You Will, was given a lukewarm response by most critics. Now they have announced the On With the Show tour for 2014 and 2015, and even though they've had 3 successful tours over the last decade and a half, they haven't found that old magic in the studio that they perfected on masterpieces like Rumours and Tusk. But keyboardist and vocalist Christine McVie - who has been missing in action since 1998 - has gloriously returned, which could light a creative fire under the band. In fact, multi-instrumentalist Lindsey Buckingham said eight songs were mostly done with seven of them co-written by McVie. Very exciting the Mac is back.
Old 01-23-2015, 02:33 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfanforever View Post
At this point .I really dont care if the Mac album just have a solid tone like the EBS system "Emergency Broadcast System" with Stevie,Lindsey and Chris holding the note.LOL............................................................

I like Trouble.

The album should be fine.
I like Trouble too. It's a harmless, undemanding pleasant little piece of ear candy; sort of like a Buddy Holly song circa 1981.

Last edited by PenguinHead; 01-23-2015 at 02:42 AM..