User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-13-2017, 11:00 AM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BombaySapphire3 View Post
How I Feel however sounds like a Lindsey throwaway that she jotted down some trite lyrics to while sipping tea and eating jelly bread with Magnet and Steel playing in the back round .I just hope that she has a couple of decent ones that we have not heard yet like maybe Red Sun
I keep hearing this about Feel About You, and I just dont hear it. To me it clearly sounds like a Christine composition -- the melody doesn't sound like something Lindsey would do. Now the production is a different story -- Lindsey's touch is all over it, especially in the chorus where they harmonize. But as far as the songwriting, I don't hear Lindsey in it at all. I think it's solely a Christine write, along the lines of Skies The Limit.
Old 05-13-2017, 01:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenB View Post
I keep hearing this about Feel About You, and I just dont hear it. To me it clearly sounds like a Christine composition -- the melody doesn't sound like something Lindsey would do. Now the production is a different story -- Lindsey's touch is all over it, especially in the chorus where they harmonize. But as far as the songwriting, I don't hear Lindsey in it at all. I think it's solely a Christine write, along the lines of Skies The Limit.
The problem there is that we know its co-written.
Old 05-13-2017, 02:01 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeVielhaber View Post
The problem there is that we know its co-written.
Ah, see, I didn't know that. Do we know which of the as-yet-unheard songs are also co-writes?
Old 05-13-2017, 04:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Ah, see, I didn't know that. Do we know which of the as-yet-unheard songs are also co-writes?
yeah, it's somewhere in one of these threads but i'm lazy to look now. out of 5 Christine's i think 3 are co-writes. they talked about it in interviews - LB said he had some chords and she came in and put a melody and some lyrics over the basic song structire he had. Feel About You feels like it would be one of those songs to me, i think that melody is not really his.

apparently others feel differently. we'll see.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 05-13-2017, 06:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
yeah, it's somewhere in one of these threads but i'm lazy to look now. out of 5 Christine's i think 3 are co-writes. they talked about it in interviews - LB said he had some chords and she came in and put a melody and some lyrics over the basic song structire he had. Feel About You feels like it would be one of those songs to me, i think that melody is not really his.

It seems weird that all she would contribute is lyrics. It doesn't seem like an efficient use of her talents nor what Lindsey would be looking for in a collaborator. He knows what she brings to the table.
Old 05-13-2017, 06:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeVielhaber View Post
It seems weird that all she would contribute is lyrics. It doesn't seem like an efficient use of her talents nor what Lindsey would be looking for in a collaborator. He knows what she brings to the table.
Yep and there's your trouble .It is like having someone who is a master painter try to sculpt a statue and the person that has been a renowned sculptor for years try to paint the statue..what a botch

Old 05-13-2017, 07:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Yep and there's your trouble .It is like having someone who is a master painter try to sculpt a statue and the person that has been a renowned sculptor for years try to paint the statue..what a botch
except we are all speculating who wrote the melody for FAY.

maybe he is and maybe she is or maybe neither is true, but the amount of "LB is an a**hole" while "Christine is helpless" and lets him do whatever he wants undertone that comes from all these opinions is really bothering me.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 05-14-2017, 01:22 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
except we are all speculating who wrote the melody for FAY.

maybe he is and maybe she is or maybe neither is true, but the amount of "LB is an a**hole" while "Christine is helpless" and lets him do whatever he wants undertone that comes from all these opinions is really bothering me.
Yes, I've been surprised about who wrote what before, with the Tango collaborations. I'm not assuming that Lindsey wrote the FAY music, just because his production is all over it.

Michele
Old 05-14-2017, 01:25 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I agree. I mean his production is on Hold Me too and his voice is all over it. It's still a Christine song. It didn't occur to me that he wrote FAY. Michele
Old 05-14-2017, 07:53 AM
Addicted Ledgie

The fact that their talents mesh so well people don't know who is who is a hoot
Old 05-15-2017, 07:06 PM

Quote:
No arguments here. I agree.
Old 05-15-2017, 07:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by lennonfan View Post
The fact that their talents mesh so well people don't know who is who is a hoot
I remember when I first saw Ricky it was only credited to Christine and I thought, "Well, that sounds like Lindsey." I mean not just musically, but personality wise. But I don't think that so much with FAY.

Michele
Old 05-15-2017, 08:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

That specific collaborative dynamic, where she wrote words and melody over Lindsey's chords, was for RED SUN. Christine mentioned that she also brought basic song tracks to him and he greatly enhanced them. My assumption is that FAY is one of the latter category collaborations. It sounds and feels essentially like one of her songs with LB support.
Old 05-15-2017, 08:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
broken record
Old 05-15-2017, 08:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
I don't just mean vocals, I mean musical influence. So far no piano/keyboards and no music that sounds like she composed it (he def wrote the music for Feel About You).
I very clearly hear piano on FAY.

THE Stephen Hopkins