The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Stevie Nicks
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 12-15-2018, 04:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I can tell you from reading/watching press regarding Stevie for the past 15 years, this whole notion of her and Prince being besties is complete BS that didn't start up until the man died. For decades there were only a few select anecdotes that she would share about Prince in the context of making Stand Back. There is another story of them hanging out for an afternoon and that's about it. Since he has passed, suddenly she talks about him as if they were as close as her and Don Henley. It's all ego driven bunk.
Old 12-15-2018, 04:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
She was comparing the two lineups- if her mind, if Lindsey had been on this tour, nothing would have been said about her induction because there would have been tension. On this tour, Mick and Christine spoke freely about her induction, and there was no problem. Please note I said in her mind. I have no idea what FM's reaction would have been if Lindsey had been on tour with them.
That's the thing with her. In her mind the minute Lindsey is involved, the claws are out and there is tension in her mind. We already know from her comments about the 2009 tour, when she didn't feel there was tension she makes comments to stir the pot and create tension....about the tension she felt should of been there. Quite frankly he should never perform with her again or even attempt to polish her 30 year old demos. It's not worth the mountain of BS that comes with it. Enjoy your kids, family, and making new music with good people.
Old 12-15-2018, 04:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAl84 View Post
I can tell you from reading/watching press regarding Stevie for the past 15 years, this whole notion of her and Prince being besties is complete BS that didn't start up until the man died. For decades there were only a few select anecdotes that she would share about Prince in the context of making Stand Back. There is another story of them hanging out for an afternoon and that's about it. Since he has passed, suddenly she talks about him as if they were as close as her and Don Henley. It's all ego driven bunk.
The demon is a liar. It likes to confuse us...
- The Exorcist
Old 12-15-2018, 05:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I actually disagree. I think Lindsey would have acknowledged her induction in some way had he been part of the current line up.
Old 12-15-2018, 05:36 PM
Senior Ledgie

Awesome read...thank you for sharing.
Old 12-15-2018, 06:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I don’t like this interview.
Old 12-15-2018, 06:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAl84 View Post
Yes - and that wasn't exactly a golden afternoon together. She got wasted and he had to "nearly drag [her] up the stairs" to sleep it off.

And that was seriously her last interaction with him. It was in, what, 1985? 86? Thereabouts... but reading this, you'd think she was a dear friend of his, a frequent collaborator, someone whom he held in high esteem and for whom he would drop everything to help honor at the HOF.

Yesh. Right.

Last edited by sodascouts; 12-15-2018 at 06:15 PM..
Old 12-15-2018, 06:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Great interview and very happy for Stevie and her amazing solo career. I also lived in both her worlds since her solo career started, the MAC world and her solo world. Thank you Stevie for the music!
Old 12-15-2018, 06:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
Yes - and that wasn't exactly a golden afternoon together. She got wasted and he had to "nearly drag [her] up the stairs" to sleep it off.

And that was seriously her last interaction with him. It was in, what, 1985? 86? Thereabouts... but reading this, you'd think she was a dear friend of his, a frequent collaborator, someone whom he held in high esteem and for whom he would drop everything to help honor at the HOF.

Yesh. Right.
sodascouts, I don't know if Prince would have gone to the induction ceremony or not, but if he had, he wouldn't have had to drop everything to do so, given the amount of notice he would have had. But your points are well made, as usual!

Am I the only one who laments that the possibility of Prince and Stevie performing Stand Back together could never happen, since he's dead? I'm not even a Prince fan, but that would have been one heck of a performance. Maybe he could have talked her into wearing something besides black
Old 12-15-2018, 06:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
She was comparing the two lineups- if her mind, if Lindsey had been on this tour, nothing would have been said about her induction because there would have been tension. On this tour, Mick and Christine spoke freely about her induction, and there was no problem. Please note I said in her mind. I have no idea what FM's reaction would have been if Lindsey had been on tour with them.
Wow, if your analysis is correct, Stevie feels like a stranger in Fleetwood Mac. All those years without Christine Lindsey played her solo songs in Fleetwood Mac concerts. While Lindsey may not have said anything to Stevie, I am sure Chris and Mick would have still congratulated her. Stevie is just as passive/aggressive as Lindsey.
Its actually pathetic she would say such a thing because if your theory is correct, it almost implies that Lindsey would hold Mick and Christine hostage to not say anything.
I don't think anything would be further from the truth.
Old 12-15-2018, 06:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
Wow, if your analysis is correct, Stevie feels like a stranger in Fleetwood Mac. All those years without Christine Lindsey played her solo songs in Fleetwood Mac concerts. While Lindsey may not have said anything to Stevie, I am sure Chris and Mick would have still congratulated her. Stevie is just as passive/aggressive as Lindsey.
Its actually pathetic she would say such a thing because if your theory is correct, it almost implies that Lindsey would hold Mick and Christine hostage to not say anything.
I don't think anything would be further from the truth.
Everybody's perception is different- Stevie was giving hers, but she could easily have been wrong. I do remember when she was on the cover of Rolling Stone a few years back, during the FM tour where Christine returned, and Mick, John, and Lindsey refused to be interviewed for the article since it was about Stevie. Only Christine agreed to talk to the interviewer. So I can see, after hearing from an objective third party that there was definitely tension about her solo career then, why she would expect tension when she was inducted... and how happy she was when there was none. For whatever the reason, whether it was because Lindsey wasn't there or because Mick was in a good mood or some other reason, in her eyes there was no tension this time.
Old 12-15-2018, 07:50 PM
Senior Ledgie

And the profoundly sad "Sunset Boulevard" train rolls right along...
Old 12-15-2018, 07:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Everybody's perception is different- Stevie was giving hers, but she could easily have been wrong. I do remember when she was on the cover of Rolling Stone a few years back, during the FM tour where Christine returned, and Mick, John, and Lindsey refused to be interviewed for the article since it was about Stevie. Only Christine agreed to talk to the interviewer. So I can see, after hearing from an objective third party that there was definitely tension about her solo career then, why she would expect tension when she was inducted... and how happy she was when there was none. For whatever the reason, whether it was because Lindsey wasn't there or because Mick was in a good mood or some other reason, in her eyes there was no tension this time.
In 1982 when Mirage was #1 Stevie Nicks refused to be interviewed by Rolling Stone with a Mac (group) interview. I had the magazine and will never forget what it said "on the advice of her manager, Irving Azoff Stevie declined to be interviewed"
The entire band did an interview but Stevie refused to participate.
Stevie is still selling poison and its wrong. Her induction into the Rock N Roll Hall of Fame has nothing to do with Lindsey and Fleetwood Mac. But she is trying to bring them into it.
WRONG.
Old 12-15-2018, 08:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sands of time View Post
And the profoundly sad "Sunset Boulevard" train rolls right along...
She has been living off the past for thirty years.
Old 12-15-2018, 08:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
In 1982 when Mirage was #1 Stevie Nicks refused to be interviewed by Rolling Stone with a Mac (group) interview. I had the magazine and will never forget what it said "on the advice of her manager, Irving Azoff Stevie declined to be interviewed"
The entire band did an interview but Stevie refused to participate.
Stevie is still selling poison and its wrong. Her induction into the Rock N Roll Hall of Fame has nothing to do with Lindsey and Fleetwood Mac. But she is trying to bring them into it.
WRONG.
I have no doubt you're 100% correct that Stevie refused to be interviewed back in 1982. I was not suggesting that FM was wrong for not giving interviews to Rolling Stone for their story on her. I was saying that I can see why Stevie would have thought FM wouldn't have acknowledged her induction, or why she wouldn't have said anything at the concert about it first, that's all.

I don't know what you mean about Stevie "still selling poison" or "she is trying to bring them (FM) into it. WRONG." In the interview, she said she wasn't going to say anything at the concert about her induction but once Mick and Christine congratulated her in front of everybody, she felt it was ok to talk about it. How that was selling poison or bringing them into it, that is what I don't understand your anger about. This is an example of what I see as no matter what she says or does, certain people will say it's never right.