Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 06-28-2017, 06:37 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
Joe.... but still she hung on, no matter how sh&ttily he treated her.

Some of her married boyfriends...?
You are making Stevie to be an innocent angel. Stevie was a newly married woman who went on the road and instantly began shacking up with her opening act.

Last edited by Macfan4life; 06-28-2017 at 07:55 AM..
Old 06-28-2017, 07:27 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
You are making Stevie to be an innocent angel. Stevie was a newly married woman who went on the road and instantly began shacking up with her opening act. At least Joe was not married.
You are absolutely right- none of these band people are innocent angels, not even Joe. They were all using drugs/alcohol and making a lot of decisions that many here might not have made.

"Joe was married five times: He was married briefly to Margie Walsh in the 1960s, to Stefany Rhodes from 1971 to 1978, to Juanita Boyer from 1980 to 1988 and to Denise Driscoll from 1999 to 2006. Walsh married Marjorie Bach (sister of Barbara Bach and sister-in-law of Ringo Starr) in Los Angeles on December 13, 2008."

And from Joe Walsh, there's the association of the song "Has Anyone Ever Written Anything For You."

"Walsh's eldest daughter, Emma Kristen, was born in 1971 and died in 1974 at 3 years of age as a result of injuries suffered in an automobile accident on her way to nursery school. Her story inspired the track "Song For Emma" on Walsh's first "official" solo album So What released later that year. In her memory, he had a fountain and memorial plaque placed in a park in which she played: North Boulder Park in Boulder, Colorado, He has said that the album name ("So What") was a result of Emma's death—that nothing else seemed meaningful or important in the months that followed. The strain eventually contributed to Walsh's divorce from his second wife Stefany."
Old 06-28-2017, 09:36 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamsunwind View Post
I'm pretty sure she dumped him. The whole "you walk out that door you cease to exist" thing. But he just never really cared either way lol and probably set the whole thing up for failure anyways.

Mick dropped her for Sara if that counts.
yeah, that was pretty much just a technicality. He had been out of the relationship except for the occasional hookup for a very long time by then. Check old interviews where she talks about planning to see him, "kicking everyone out" of her house so she and he could be alone after months and months of not seeing each other ..... and he just wouldn't show up. No call, no nothing. So yeah, her saying "we're done" is a bit of a joke, a way for her to save face. it's like the "you're fired" "you can't fire me, I QUIT!" so you can tell your friends you didn't get fired.
Old 06-28-2017, 09:41 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
You are making Stevie to be an innocent angel. Stevie was a newly married woman who went on the road and instantly began shacking up with her opening act.
she was also a woman who, before she went on the road, told her husband that she wanted a divorce.

her 'sin' if you want to call it that (I don't mean in a religious sense, just in the sense of the thing people get judgy about) wasn't "cheating" on her spouse, it was marrying him in the first place. She has said in several interviews, notably the Oprah Master Class, that she just "wanted to get my hands on that baby". She didn't really want Kim. I've thought for a long time, since before she admitted it, that she really just wanted the baby. I suspect (she has not said this part) that she saw this as a way for her to have a baby without having the baby herself. Like Robin was the magical baby carrier FOR her to have a child. Drugs and delusion can make you think things like that.

I have an old ET interview done while they were rehearsing for the WH tour and it's about the end of her marriage. So she set the bar before the tour.
Old 06-28-2017, 11:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
she was also a woman who, before she went on the road, told her husband that she wanted a divorce.

her 'sin' if you want to call it that (I don't mean in a religious sense, just in the sense of the thing people get judgy about) wasn't "cheating" on her spouse, it was marrying him in the first place. She has said in several interviews, notably the Oprah Master Class, that she just "wanted to get my hands on that baby". She didn't really want Kim. I've thought for a long time, since before she admitted it, that she really just wanted the baby. I suspect (she has not said this part) that she saw this as a way for her to have a baby without having the baby herself. Like Robin was the magical baby carrier FOR her to have a child. Drugs and delusion can make you think things like that.

I have an old ET interview done while they were rehearsing for the WH tour and it's about the end of her marriage. So she set the bar before the tour.
I don't think her marrying Kim out of crazy, druggy grief then wanting a divorce and moving on is the thing to judge her for. I think the things to judge her for are things like her hooking up with Hernan Rojas even though she and everyone knew he was engaged, leading him to break up with his fiancee and then her breaking up with him, she caused a big disaster there. And hooking up with Jim Recor even though he was married to Sara and then acting like a big old hypocrite about Sara and Mick getting together. Hooking up with multiple married men. Cheating on multiple partners. That stuff has always and probably will always be the thing that I judge Stevie for over anything else. It's gross and the fact that she never really expressed any regret for the other people involved makes it even worse.
Old 06-28-2017, 11:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I don't think her marrying Kim out of crazy, druggy grief then wanting a divorce and moving on is the thing to judge her for. I think the things to judge her for are things like her hooking up with Hernan Rojas even though she and everyone knew he was engaged, leading him to break up with his fiancee and then her breaking up with him, she caused a big disaster there. And hooking up with Jim Recor even though he was married to Sara and then acting like a big old hypocrite about Sara and Mick getting together. Hooking up with multiple married men. Cheating on multiple partners. That stuff has always and probably will always be the thing that I judge Stevie for over anything else. It's gross and the fact that she never really expressed any regret for the other people involved makes it even worse.
There is a sense of entitlement when people get super famous, the rules don't apply to them (they think)-- and frankly the people around them tend to support that view. They live far from reality as the rest of us know it and get away with sh&t people wouldn't tolerate from any "regular" person. I love Stevie as an artist but she's totally bought into this view, even though she would swear she hasn't.
Old 06-29-2017, 11:46 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Okay there's some tea I never knew. But should she be judged more harshly than say the men in the band? Should she be judged at all?
Old 06-29-2017, 12:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

^ I agree. It makes it sound as if these men are victims of some sort of mysterious force. I do believe these people were all under the influence of medications- "non-prescription." And there always seems to be a sense of "blaming the woman." I don't understand that at all.

These Oprah videos are interesting:

">

Old 06-29-2017, 04:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gldstwmn View Post
Okay there's some tea I never knew. But should she be judged more harshly than say the men in the band? Should she be judged at all?
I didn't know about the Rojas thing either till I read where Ken Caillait talked about it. The Sara thing was in CAH's book. I'm not saying no one else slept around and did bad things, like who even knows what Mick did lol, but the thing is is that she did do all these bad things, multiple times. And acted like a hypocrite. And only ever made things about herself, never really acted sorry about it for the other people involved or the fact that it's just wrong. I think you should be judged for that. It's not a good sign for the strength of your morals and respect for others when you do things like that. Men who cheat are guilty but the "other woman" is just as bad if you ask me, for knowingly getting involved. And Stevie was both a cheater AND "the other woman" more than once.

**EDIT: I believe the Rojas tidbit might actually have been from CAH book as well! Either that or something from Ken. I remember it was known they had had a relationship but I was shocked when I read the dirty details.

Last edited by dreamsunwind; 06-29-2017 at 08:01 PM..
Old 06-29-2017, 04:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Let's face it, she was total slut. Don't blame it on her. Blame it on her Wild Heart!
Old 06-29-2017, 07:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

There's plenty of blame to go around! Stevie should have kept her hands off guys who were "taken", but all those men were only too happy to drop their girlfriends/wives like hot potatoes to get a piece of Stevie Nicks.

Old 06-29-2017, 08:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
There's plenty of blame to go around! Stevie should have kept her hands off guys who were "taken", but all those men were only too happy to drop their girlfriends/wives like hot potatoes to get a piece of Stevie Nicks.
A woman who knowingly gets involved with someone that has a partner ought to be horribly ashamed of herself because that's a terrible thing to do. Stevie wasn't 12 years old, she was 30, you can't use "she shouldn't have done that" logic on her actions because at age 30 you know that's wrong. The 'other woman' is just as guilty as the man with the wife/girlfriend. It doesn't matter if she's "Stevie Nicks" and everyone wants a "piece" of her.
Old 06-29-2017, 08:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
A woman who knowingly gets involved with someone that has a partner ought to be horribly ashamed of herself because that's a terrible thing to do. Stevie wasn't 12 years old, she was 30, you can't use "she shouldn't have done that" logic on her actions because at age 30 you know that's wrong. The 'other woman' is just as guilty as the man with the wife/girlfriend. It doesn't matter if she's "Stevie Nicks" and everyone wants a "piece" of her.
She is "woman with wide canyon."
Old 06-29-2017, 10:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jondalar View Post
She is "woman with wide canyon."
I'm not trying to slut shame here, Stevie could've slept with the entire single male population of California in the 70s and 80s and that wouldn't be wrong. What I think is her bad quality is that she did it in an immoral way, going after other people's husbands or boyfriends, cheating on her own partners.
Old 06-30-2017, 05:00 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Yeah, how about that Christine McVie, married to John but sleeping with the lighting guy and even writing a song about how much she enjoyed having sex with him, and then performing that same song live with John? Or Mick sleeping with Stevie while married, as well as many other women? And look at how many times Mick has been married. Fidelity appears to have been a challenge for Mick no matter who he was married to. But I still love their music!

My point is, yes it's nasty when Stevie or anyone has an affair with someone who's married, but that doesn't make her a home wrecker. The person who made those wedding vows, they're the one who screwed up their marriage. Was the lighting guy Christine was having an affair with the reason she divorced John? No. Now, I don't know anything about this Rojas guy, nor do I care, but I would bet big bucks if he cheated on his wife or fiancee with Stevie, she wasn't the only one he cheated with.

A quick aside- a friend once told me about her college friend, a man who whose wife cheated on him several times, but because he loved her so much, he took her back every time. This resulted in several reconciliations, breakups, and a bankruptcy because he would follow her to every city she moved to and bail her out of financial problems. She ended the story by saying "I don't know what's wrong with her," and I said "her? What's wrong with him?" I guess this shows how people can have a different perception of things.