User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-01-2003, 02:15 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Exclamation MSG! Best night ever!

Ohh man Im still on a cloud!

I went to NYC on Monday. I stayed overnight at the Thirty Thirty. I had a great first night meeting friends and getting drunk!

Today I spent the day walking around, so by the time of the concert, I was really tired and not feeling too well. I didn't drink because I had a long way home.

12th row seemed rather close and I was pleased. It was great being in front of Stevie this time, because I didn't realize just how into this she is!

From the BEGINNING she was crazY! Pointing, smiling, flirting, her hair is GORGEOUS, like silk and she is on top of the world! Menopause? HUH!?

Lindsey also seemed on top of his game. They gave every single part of themselves on this show.

The best part was getting REALLY close at the end and blowing Lindsey kisses and he was blowing them back.

I also sat next to a super nice girl who did the SYW dance with me! Stevie rocks!

All the moments were the same, except Stevie really got into Silver Springs more this time, and Stand Back--EVERY SINGLE PERSON was up! Everyone around me was just like wow.

Everyone around me was older, white and rich it seemed. I felt weird, even though my best friend and the girl next to me were all young. We kept being told to sit, but we barely did.

It was a great show! Lindsey got tons of flowers, let people touch his chest and signed someones cowboy hat, man I was jealous.

Im so tired, its been the longest day! Night!
Old 10-01-2003, 08:33 AM
Senior Ledgie

Default Great show!

We got section 6, row 3 at the box office, which were pretty good seats. The crowd was fun, nobody had a problem with my daughter standing on her chair most of the night. There was a totally blitzed girl that had to be carried out by paramedics towards the end of the show - guess she enjoyed herself a little too much!

Special moments: We could see into the backstage area from our seats and saw Taku come out onto the floor momentarily, and my daughter saw Mick walking around. Then we noticed a woman walking right by us with a little white dog in her arms - must have been Sara Belladonna! My husband, who sat parallel to us only 3 rows up, was laughing at how excited we got over seeing that adorable little dog! As we are looking around, a woman who looks familiar catches my eye, and I smile at her. She gave a little smile back, and I realized who it was - Kristin!!! I got a smile from Kristin! I think it's because my daughter was with me, honestly. Kristin walked around a bit, then went by the lighting board some rows behind us, where we saw a little blonde girl who must have been LeeLee. Kristin stayed at the lighting board for most of the show.

Janet, did you notice after one song (can't remember which one), Stevie was all flushed and started fanning herself and laughing? I lost it, was totally cracking up, and ended up having to explain what hot flashes were to an 11 year old! And you are right, Stand Back was a killer last night. It's so great to see just about everyone in the arena on their feet, dancing around. Landslide was awesome as well. The whole place was singing with her, it was so cool.

We almost made it to section 2 at the end, this security guard took a liking to my daughter and was hanging out with us for a bit. He was shocked she knew all the words to most of the songs! Anyway, he thought the show was over after GYOW, and the girl next to me said there was one more song coming up. So then I said to the guard that it would be great if he would let us slip up front, my kid's never been up that close (what a lie, but hey!) He was just starting to push the barricades apart to let us through when several people rushed up behind us, so he closed them quickly and said if he let us go, he'd have to let them all go, and he couldn't do that. Bummer!!

At the end I saw Stevie shaking hands with many in the crowd. That was nice since she hasn't been doing that too much this tour. She looked like she had a wonderful time, which was great, because we did too!

Eileen
You only said you'd never leave me

~SN, Rose Garden~

Last edited by Enchanted58; 10-01-2003 at 08:35 AM..
Old 10-01-2003, 09:17 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I am so jealous, but happy it was a grat concert. I wanted to be there so badly, but could not due to work. Can you say - I owe I owe, Its off to work I go

save the cheerleader - save the world
Old 10-01-2003, 09:23 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Re: Great show!

Quote:
Originally posted by Enchanted58
Janet, did you notice after one song (can't remember which one), Stevie was all flushed and started fanning herself and laughing? I lost it, was totally cracking up, and ended up having to explain what hot flashes were to an 11 year old!
They should have hauled out a chaise lounge for her to recline on with her fabulous Japanese fan!!!!

save the cheerleader - save the world
Old 10-01-2003, 10:56 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default new york

The show in new york, was cool, the show was basically the same. The only thing that i didnt like , but i knew this ahead of time , was the audiences in nyc, i have been to many shows in ny and there is always abunch of "suits" who sit in the front , who are just there sitting and always telling others to sit down. they got up after songs were sung but would sit right back down. The first time i went to see a show in nyc , i thought the crowd was gonna be rowdy and crazy, but it was more of a brawl of ppl telling others to sit down. i was lucky i was sitting with ppl who did as i did, we stood the majority of the time. just sitting for the slower songs. Over all it was a cool show. i was suprised they only played one night in nyc. NYC is always fun, met lots of other fans and had a blast. the mac is back.
Old 10-01-2003, 11:41 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
i was suprised they only played one night in nyc.
When you think about it though they have played a ton of shows in the NYC area (within 1 hour) in the last 4 months.

MSG
Bridgeport
Jones Beach
Uniondale
Meadowlands Arena
Old 10-01-2003, 05:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Janet, did you notice after one song (can't remember which one), Stevie was all flushed and started fanning herself and laughing? I lost it, was totally cracking up, and ended up having to explain what hot flashes were to an 11 year old!

I noticed she got flushed right before Beautiful Child and then after Stand Back.

Michelle

~long live the queen... under the skin~