Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 09-17-2003, 12:17 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Billboard, 9/20 | Reissues

If anyone still cares, Say You Will is at #162 (falling from #151). Barring a miracle, it will fall off completely from the album chart in a few weeks.

ICE reported in their October issue that the Mac reissues are due on October 28th. We know now (thanks to Johnny Stew) that this has been bumped to November 4th.

Here's how they listed the releases (basically what we already knew):

Fleetwood Mac (1975)
Rumours - Deluxe Edition (2 CDs)
Tusk - Deluxe Edition (2 CDs)
(Reprise)

It looks like 1975 will be a single disc. I wonder if they will throw on any bonus tracks (like the single remixes, even though we already have them on The Chain and Very Best Of)?

There is also another title listed for release on the same date, which I'm assuming is a blues Mac release (?):

Live from the BBC (Audio Fidelity)

Daniel
Old 09-17-2003, 12:30 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Here's another update for you (and everyone else), straight from musicTAP... the reissues have now been bumped to November 18th.

*sighs*

Once again, I'm trying to be optimistic that these delays will result in the inclusion of even more great bonus material for us... but it's still really frustrating.

And if they cut these any closer to Christmas, I'm not going to have the money to get them.
Believe it or not, I do have *some* priorities that don't include Fleetwood Mac!
Old 09-17-2003, 12:36 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Thanks for the update, Johnny. Frustrating, indeed!

Daniel
Old 09-17-2003, 06:06 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Thanks for the update. I don't know what to say. This is VERY frustrating. What on earth is holding this up. Right now, I'll believe it when I see it.

Last edited by macfan 57; 09-17-2003 at 06:10 AM..
Old 09-17-2003, 12:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by Johnny Stew
Here's another update for you (and everyone else), straight from musicTAP... the reissues have now been bumped to November 18th.

*sighs*

Once again, I'm trying to be optimistic that these delays will result in the inclusion of even more great bonus material for us... but it's still really frustrating.
It's a good thing that the fans themselves have blown those stupid vaults wide open, & so much great stuff is now circulating. We truly don't need Fleetwood Mac, or Warner Brothers, or Rhino. We take care of ourselves; we organize our own feeding frenzies, & the dumb record companies & stubborn band members be damned.

The days of waiting 25 years for crumbs are over, folks. Rhino could set the release date for the twelfth of Never in the Land of the Yik-Yak, & it's all bunk to me!

God bless us bootlegging fans. [bows head]
Old 09-17-2003, 01:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by David
It's a good thing that the fans themselves have blown those stupid vaults wide open, & so much great stuff is now circulating. We truly don't need Fleetwood Mac, or Warner Brothers, or Rhino. We take care of ourselves; we organize our own feeding frenzies, & the dumb record companies & stubborn band members be damned.

The days of waiting 25 years for crumbs are over, folks. Rhino could set the release date for the twelfth of Never in the Land of the Yik-Yak, & it's all bunk to me!

Can I get an AMEN?!

You put it better than I ever could have.

Old 09-17-2003, 01:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Re: Billboard, 9/20 | Reissues

Quote:
Originally posted by SpyNote

It looks like 1975 will be a single disc. I wonder if they will throw on any bonus tracks (like the single remixes, even though we already have them on The Chain and Very Best Of)?

Daniel
I know they won't include them, but I'd love live versions from them touring back then. Rhiannon and Hypnotized especially.

- Jake
Old 09-17-2003, 02:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:

LMAO! Amen to that. With the amount of time Lindsey spends in the studio it's kind of amazing to me that we didn''t get this sort of thing from him. Count me among the grateful.
Old 09-17-2003, 02:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
You make a very good point, David. Fans have done far more in regards to bringing rarities to other fans, than the band/record company ever has.
Though I tend to be a bit of a stickler about sound-quality, which is why I'm chomping at the bit to get pristine copies on CD (the handful of Mac outtakes/alternate versions I have, leave a bit to be desired, quality-wise).

And I know John (wetcamelfood) avoids bootlegs, so this bonus material would be brand new to him.

Fleetwood Mac really does need to develop a more fan-friendly organization around themselves.
I nominate Ken Caillat as the band-fan liaison! He's already been doing his part to inform "the powers that be" of what we'd like to have, so who better?
Old 09-17-2003, 03:06 PM
Junior Ledgie

Unhappy

So is the reissue of the white Fleetwood Mac album not going to be a "deluxe edition" with some extra stuff on it? or do we just not know one way or the other yet? It would be a shame to reissue it and not at least add a few tracks to pad out the running time on a CD that's already gonna have to be used for the album tracks anyway.
Old 09-17-2003, 03:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

The word is that they'll all feature bonus material... but only 'Rumours' and 'Tusk' will be expanded to 2 discs.
Old 09-17-2003, 03:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Re: Re: Billboard, 9/20 | Reissues

Quote:
Originally posted by darklinensuit
I know they won't include them, but I'd love live versions from them touring back then. Rhiannon and Hypnotized especially.
My vote for that would be Station Man. For some reason, I sooooo love the harmonies Stevie & Lindsey add to it.

LMAO... so what would those "other" priorites be aside of Fleetwood Mac JStew? LOL!

Im alone now, with my thoughts...
Old 09-17-2003, 09:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I can't take this anymore...

Next summer I'm going to get a job and start throwing myself into the bootleg trading community. Is this illegal??? Does FM disapprove of it..?
Old 09-30-2003, 09:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Reissues bumped again?

Hmm, this is not looking good. There is now an ominous TBS (to be scheduled?) next to the release date of the 3 Mac reissues.

Daniel
sln-news.info
Old 10-01-2003, 09:28 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I have given up on ever getting good unreleased stuff and live stuff from the band. Even though Stevie made a great attempt at this on Enchanted. Kudos to her!

On another related note, I am so sick of hearing people bellyache and being so political about fans trading and even buying/selling the "leaked" music. While I would rather fans trade instead of swapping funds, it is going to happen until FM and/or Stevie decide and realize that this is an untapped resource that they have. Stop issuing bogus greatest hits packages and reissues and give the fans what they want, not with what they think is safe.

I've just had about all I can take of this issue. Sorry if I come off too harsh.