User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-04-2012, 10:54 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amlyn View Post
I'm completely shooting myself for being in LA last Friday and not tonight!
HEY!!!! Long time no talk you! Wish I woukda known you were in my state! We could of.gone to some shows together
Old 05-04-2012, 11:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syrah View Post
HEY!!!! Long time no talk you! Wish I woukda known you were in my state! We could of.gone to some shows together
I forget you aren't on FB!! I was in both LA and SF. Even went on the bus towards the Fillmore. Back home now..but next time definitely!!
Old 05-04-2012, 11:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

What is Poor little raven now she's lost her way. Poor little raven addicted to fame. Innocence dies when supply meets demand.

Damsel. Dam-sel. Daaam-sel.

Anyway great show. On my way home. Michele
Old 05-05-2012, 12:05 AM
Addicted Ledgie

There still no word on a full setlist or am I just blind?
Old 05-05-2012, 12:11 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldDustGypsy View Post
From what I gather from the picture:

Castaway
Bleed to Love Her
Not Too Late
Dancin'
Stephanie
Come
Shut Us Down
Go Insane
Never Going Back
Big Love
I'm So Afraid
GYOW

and thennnn what I'm assuming is Trouble and two more.
Encore - trouble and SWS
Old 05-05-2012, 12:56 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Well he sang that Poor Little Raven song. I am not at my computer. I cannot search it. Is it a cover?
Old 05-05-2012, 01:06 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Well he sang that Poor Little Raven song. I am not at my computer. I cannot search it. Is it a cover?
Same here - on my phone, travelling. I googled it but nothing sensible came out.
Old 05-05-2012, 01:30 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
Same here - on my phone, travelling. I googled it but nothing sensible came out.
Ok. I'm back. I searched too and nothing came up, so I guess it's a new song. I didn't get a lot:

Poor little raven, now she's lost her way.

Poor little raven, addicted to fame.

Innocence dies when supply meets demand.

Business and murder, they go hand in hand.

This came just after Stephanie.

He seems to be saying "Damsel, damsel, damsel." But he draws out the first syllable and makes it some like "damn" really.

Musically, it did not grab me. Not like the Saban songs, most of which I fell in love with the first time around.

Michele
Old 05-05-2012, 01:37 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Ok. I'm back. I searched too and nothing came up, so I guess it's a new song. I didn't get a lot:

Poor little raven, now she's lost her way.

Poor little raven, addicted to fame.
D
Innocence dies when supply meets demand.

Business and murder, they go hand in hand.

This came just after Stephanie.

He seems to be saying "Damsel, damsel, damsel." But he draws out the first syllable and makes it some like "damn" really.

Musically, it did not grab me. Not like the Saban songs, most of which I fell in love with the first time around.

Michele
Maybe that's Dancin' in that setlist. And what's up with no SWS songs - no EOT, SSS, and most importantly - no RAB?!?!?
Old 05-05-2012, 01:42 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
Maybe that's Dancin' in that setlist. And what's up with no SWS songs - no EOT, SSS, and most importantly - no RAB?!?!?
Yes, I think that's it. He might have been saying "Dancer" instead of "Damsel." But I will go with "damsel.

I know, after meeting with you guys and getting first hand word that people want to hear RAB, I really expected it.

Michele
Old 05-05-2012, 01:55 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Bob Aguirre just posted on FB that it is indeed a song Lindsey has never recorded before and we got to witness history.

Last edited by WelshWitchPMD; 05-05-2012 at 01:58 AM..
Old 05-05-2012, 02:13 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Lindsey put on a great show and he looked fantastic. A face like polished, carved granite.

For those who thought an acoustic set would be boring, you have nothing to fear. I didn't think the taped music would be bad. My fear is that people won't know what's real and what's fake. I mean, at some point, do you start thinking the guitar playing might not be real?

CAD - It's funny how the different arrangement made me not only unsure of when to sing, but sometimes I didn't know what to sing either. I could sing this song acapella with the music from the studio version playing in my head. But take away that music and put in something new and suddenly I'm struggling to figure out what comes next.

I'm half singing along and half discovering. The song is less sing-songy and seems to have a deeper meaning.

Bleed To Love Her - He's done this live as an encore since the Dance, but seeing it like this as part of the set makes me think back to that last tour with all of them. At the end, he makes me jump out of my seat when he starts screaming and then suddenly he brings it down, until he's just whispering that he would bleed to love her.

After that song he addresses the audience and says that he's been on that stage many times and there seems to be a trend. The first time he was there, it must have been with 10 people, then 4 "and now, tonight it's just me." Well, I'd take one of you over about a 1000 others, Linds.

Not Too Late has a different arrangement too. I think it an improvement. He says his kids are there and dedicates it to them. They are in the first row off the floor (seats AAAA-DDDD were on the floor and then a raised area for the rest of the seating. Kristen and the kids were in that first row of raised seats. Will looked quite preppy with a neat haircut and a sweater. The girls dressed more casually.

Poor Little Raven (Damsel?) I could use one of your introductions here, Lindsey. I approve of new songs, but it throws me not to be able to sing along with you. Maybe this song sounds better with a band, but right now, I'm thinking maybe you shouldn't put it on your next album.

Stephanie Yes, I think I know who the red-head standing up and cheering in the third row left is.

Come- Best I've heard it. In the past, I have minded having both Come and ISA in the setlist, but not tonight.

Shut Us Down

Go Insane-I think I miss the band version, but this sounded good.

NGBA - Tempo is quicker, like it used to be. Sounded good.

Big Love - He says this song and its evolution from band to solo is really the template for the entire show he is doing tonight. It's a meditation on the power and importance of change.

ISA Usually this song gets hot during the guitar solo, but it sounded good when he was singing the verse too tonight. The taped music had a tribal, jungle feeling underneath and it had more rhythm than it usually did. When I sing along, I'm usually laconic, but it had more intensity and speed.

He doesn't move up to the side of the stage like he usually does when he gets to the solo. He stays in the center. He didn't walk the stage for GYOW either. He stayed near his mic. I miss his strolling and commanding the floor, from right to left. I think those exciting and escalating guitar solos probably didn't go over as well with the audience as they have in shows past. But, make no mistake, they still loved it. Up until then, everyone was seated. Three people made it to the stage during ISA and then when the rest of the audience saw that no one was making them leave, everyone started going up there.

GYOW - I was surprised that he was playing it. I didn't know that we were at the end so soon.

Trouble

When he returns for the encore he says, "I make it different every time and you guys make it different every time." Um, you don't make it different everytime. It's the start of the tour and you've changed things up since last night, but believe me things won't change every night. Don't get carried away with yourself, buddy.

He says that when he was on the road for SWS he talked about the Big Machine and the Small Machine. He says that the choices we make are responsible for what's good and evil in a single person and in an entire world. It's all a collection of choices and we sometimes forget that we can all make a small difference that will collectively add up.

He says he's wanted to try a tour like this for a long time, but it's been outside of his comfort zone, but we make him feel very comfortable.

SWS. At the end of Seeds We Sow, it seems like he forgets the words for a second or two. LB, the lyrics you're looking for are "ta-ta-ta."

He was great. A little more stationary than he is with the guys, but crisp, sharp delivering something new even in old treasures like ISA.

Michele

Last edited by michelej1; 05-05-2012 at 12:43 PM..
Old 05-05-2012, 02:14 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WelshWitchPMD View Post
Bob Aguirre just posted on FB that it is indeed a song Lindsey has never recorded before and we got to witness history.
Interesting. I wonder how old it is.

Michele
Old 05-05-2012, 02:29 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Old 05-05-2012, 03:08 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Heart

'i make it different every time you make it different every time.'

sexy. spotlight lindsey. LOVE.