The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Lindsey Buckingham
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 01-27-2014, 03:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Well, I really enjoyed the end song. LINDSEY IS THE MAN!!!!! That intro with his guitar OMG...
Except for Grohl, I really don't know who are the other bands, you know, my soul lives in the 70s, 80s and maybe the 90s, so they were something new for me. Well, not new at all...
Anyway, was amazing to see Lindsey performing that song, even when the television made that horrible cut. He's the legend, and he showed why he deserved to play the song with David Grohl, Nine Inch Nails and Queens of Stone Age.
Regards!
Old 01-27-2014, 03:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpyNote View Post
The ones that don't sell as well will be placed towards the end when there are fewer people watching, fewer people who regularly buy music. Unfortunately the aging stars, the ones who typically sell less today, the ones that have come to be respected will get the short end of the stick. It's a shame, but makes perfect sense economically.
The Foo Fighters aren't exactly chump change, and Dave Grohl was a member of the seminal Nirvana. FM, of course, has sold more than just about every other act up there last night. But this wasn't about that. It was about cutting away to the local news, and in doing so, the production team tripped over itself. Really stupid decision. A couple more minutes wouldn't have hurt.
Old 01-27-2014, 04:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Ultimately it comes down to money. The acts that sell well will be placed earlier in the show. The ones that don't sell as well will be placed towards the end when there are fewer people watching, fewer people who regularly buy music.
I would have thought that since these awards shows traditionally present the biggest award last that viewership picks up at the end of the show.

Michele
Old 01-27-2014, 04:17 PM
Senior Ledgie

Waiting for uncut version to circulate around the internets....
Old 01-27-2014, 04:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aprilsrain View Post
Waiting for uncut version to circulate around the internets....
I was wondering if there was a chance of that happening.

Michele
Old 01-27-2014, 04:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
I was wondering if there was a chance of that happening.

Michele
so far, [grammys or cbs?] have been taking down from youtube all the different versions of their performance that keep cropping up.

i recently saw a new upload here http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=FSN9EmnbAHY , not sure how long that was will last (or whether it's even still up).

it would be nice to think they are blocking all these uploaded versions because they plan on putting up a full version, without cutting the end, but somehow i doubt that's why they are doing it.

TR's tweet received a lot of publicity.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 01-27-2014, 04:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

That was some bull**** editing on the night's best performance. Grammys suck for that! Well mostly the Grammys just suck anyway. To think that we may never hear that rendition of "The Chain" makes me real mad!! After these musicians lend their time and talent to a show and then get treated like that is just flat out rude and disrespectful. Do a better of job of scheduling your show ****tards! Trent Reznor has every right to feel the way he does.
Old 01-27-2014, 04:50 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
so far, [grammys or cbs?] have been taking down from youtube all the different versions of their performance that keep cropping up.

i recently saw a new upload here http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=FSN9EmnbAHY , not sure how long that was will last (or whether it's even still up).

it would be nice to think they are blocking all these uploaded versions because they plan on putting up a full version, without cutting the end, but somehow i doubt that's why they are doing it.

TR's tweet received a lot of publicity.
Grammy's I don't think has ever put out performances save for a "best of the grammy's" yearrrrs ago. That's the lame part if they're taking it all down. I'm sure it'll trickle around somewhere. I believe in the power of the internet!
Old 01-27-2014, 06:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I absolutely love Lindsey and Trent Reznor together. They are both quirky and I think they work well together. I loved seeing Lindsey rock out to Copy of A, and I though it was pretty cool seeing him up on stage with a bunch of alpha dogs (usually Lindsey's the only one on stage that's really aggressive) but I'm still ticked it ran long and they cut off the end.

I TIVO'ed the Grammys because the only thing I wanted to see was Lindsey at the end of the show. When I went back to watch it, my TIVO cut off right before Lindsey took the stage because the show went too long. I watched it on line and loved it but then the Grammy's/TV stations cut the song off before it ended.

So, I loved seeing Lindsey outside his element with a whole set of different (aggressive) musicians and I guess Lindsey liked it too or he would never have agreed to do it, but I was upset about song getting cut short and thought it was disrespectful to the musicians and their fans.
Old 01-27-2014, 07:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I stayed up the whole damn show to see Lindsey and they off their performance. I was very mad. But I instantly recognized his guitar work. Overall the show was really bad. I don't get some of these nominations.

I have changed, but you remain ageless
Old 01-27-2014, 07:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

All I could think in the first couple seconds of the song was "God, it would be great to hear Lindsey, Stevie and Christine REALLY rock out vocally on a track!"
Maybe they SHOULD do a studio version of "My Little Demon!"
Old 01-27-2014, 07:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
The acts that sell well will be placed earlier in the show. The ones that don't sell as well will be placed towards the end when there are fewer people watching, fewer people who regularly buy music. Unfortunately the aging stars, the ones who typically sell less today, the ones that have come to be respected will get the short end of the stick. It's a shame, but makes perfect sense economically.
Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
I would have thought that since these awards shows traditionally present the biggest award last that viewership picks up at the end of the show.
Michele
The Grammys were shouting about it all week, that this was going to be "epic" and the performance that people would be talking about the next day. They were excited about it. While I understand your point, SpyNote, I have to agree with Michele, in that they wanted something/someone BIG to close it out...and they got just that. They teased us with it throughout the show, presumably to give viewers something to look fowrard to...a reason to stay tuned when many otherwise would not. But then they screwed it up, by worrying about an extra couple minutes in an already overtime show, for an event, notorious for going over time. They messed up. I'm glad Trent spoke his mind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deeshere View Post
I absolutely love Lindsey and Trent Reznor together. They are both quirky and I think they work well together. I loved seeing Lindsey rock out to Copy of A, and I though it was pretty cool seeing him up on stage with a bunch of alpha dogs (usually Lindsey's the only one on stage that's really aggressive) but I'm still ticked it ran long and they cut off the end.

So, I loved seeing Lindsey outside his element with a whole set of different (aggressive) musicians and I guess Lindsey liked it too or he would never have agreed to do it, but I was upset about song getting cut short and thought it was disrespectful to the musicians and their fans.
I agree with everything you said, Deeshere. I knew it would be good, but they surpassed my expectations, even. I said earlier, in response to Elle, I believe, that even though Copy of A wasn't the most rockin' song on the album (imo), that on stage, those guys would bring it to a whole other level...and they did! And it was totally disrespectful of CBS to cut away, and they, and the Grammys should have had that worked out in advance, since it's not like it was the first time an awards show ever ran over Why leave the fans with a bad taste for your brand, when you could have gone out on such a high note?
Old 01-27-2014, 07:57 PM
Senior Ledgie

Default who saw the entire performace that link

Whomever had the lucky chance to catch the full length link to the performance, it's now gone and can you tell those who missed the short opportunity online, what was the progression past them cutting it short. Did they add someting of Lindsey's material?
Old 01-27-2014, 08:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DESTINYRU!ES View Post
Whomever had the lucky chance to catch the full length link to the performance, it's now gone and can you tell those who missed the short opportunity online, what was the progression past them cutting it short. Did they add someting of Lindsey's material?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T550M4V5ebc

watching it now... is it already gone? it doesn't have a start though, where LB's guitar is the most prominent.

i'm not really understanding why would it be any LB solo material? it was just 2 nominated bands - NIN with LB, and QOTSA with DG, and they did a mashup. those 2 songs they did were from 2 grammy nominated albums, and LB and DG played on their albums. it made sense. it was new material that these 4 artists did, not old.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 01-27-2014, 08:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
i'm not really understanding why would it be any LB solo material? it was just 2 nominated bands - NIN with LB, and QOTSA with DG, and they did a mashup. those 2 songs they did were from 2 grammy nominated albums, and LB and DG played on their albums. it made sense. it was new material that these 4 artists did, not old.
No, I agree with you and don't think they were going to do any of Lindsey's material. But the reason some people thought they might is because of the way the rest of the show went, with the other collaborations, like you had Chicago's old songs and then Robin Thicke's new song. Maybe people thought it would be like that.

Michele