User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 09-25-2011, 07:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
yes, i'd say it's definitely the venue policy and not lindsey's. venues just blame it on him - b/c why would he have a completely opposite policy every single night? in westhampton, nobody was allowed to film, they immediately stopped whoever tried. in ridgefield, i felt like many people didn't have cameras (maybe they heard about this policy venues blamed on LB?), but there were still many many people filming and taking photos.
But I've also seen other people in venues where Lindsey has played (like the Arlington in Santa Barbara) where you could take pictures feely, but when Lindsey was the performer you couldn't.

Michele
Old 09-25-2011, 07:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
But I've also seen other people in venues where Lindsey has played (like the Arlington in Santa Barbara) where you could take pictures feely, but when Lindsey was the performer you couldn't.

Michele
don't know. just find it weird... maybe he's flip-flopping kind of guy and can't make up his mind? i still think it's the venue, and they may just ask him to sign something one way or the other before the show, and he might not think about it much and doesn't care so he signs whatever they give him? and some others might care more so they insist one way or the other...
Old 09-25-2011, 08:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Yeah, what is that? Wear it to open the show and then take it off after the first number. He must just like to sweat.

Michele
The whole time I kept thinking about him rubbing his sweat all over Stevie during Sara throughout the Unleashed tour. I know we've mentioned it before but seriously, now I really have to wonder what bet she lost for that.
Old 09-25-2011, 08:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Yeah, in the past I've gotten a look at his tummy when he raised the guitar over his head.

Michele
Check! Got that last night.
Old 09-25-2011, 09:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Ttwlg

just looked at my twitter conversations from last night - there's one thing i forgot to mention here - That's the way love goes received standing ovation last night!
Old 09-25-2011, 09:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Old 09-25-2011, 09:12 PM
Ledgie

Quote:
just looked at my twitter conversations from last night - there's one thing i forgot to mention here - That's the way love goes received standing ovation last night!
Certainly did and deservedly so!
Old 09-25-2011, 09:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Hello everyone -

First of all, I'll come foward and say that I am the "Rock Away Blind Guy" and yes I am claiming that. It was my 15 second moment with Lindsey and I cherished it!

Anyway, this show was very cool. The crowd was awesome. No one stood until Go Your Own Way, but people were definitely supporting him. I did spot some people up and dancing throughout the show, but not too many. I had a front row seat, but it was all the way to the left and I could only see Brett and Lindsey. By the end I almost forgot that Neale and Wally were there!

They handed out programs at this show. There was an interview/review regarding Seeds We Sow. It looked familiar, I am sure its on the web somewhere.

Shut us Down was a great opener. I thought it was going to flop, but it really held everyone's attention. The intro to NGBA is absolutely beautiful. There was complete silence until the song started! Gorgeous. I was surprised at how well In Our Own Time was receieved. It was the first "loud" song of the night and got a standing ovation. SHN and Tusk always rock. I almost jumped out of my chair. HOW CAN PEOPLE SIT DURING THESE TWO? How is it humanly possible? Anyway, Thats the Way Love Goes may be a top 5 favorite live performance for me. THIS SONG RIPS live. I cannot get over how well it translated. People were cheering throughout and it did get a standing O at the end. Casuals are digging this one. I ran up to the stage for GYOW and got to play his guitar. The emotion was pure ecstacy for me. Turn it On was also a highlight for me. I heard a lot of people singing along, which was very cool!

Now there are a few songs that need to go: All My Sorrow. I think its very cool that he is acknowledging OOTC, but this would be my very last choice. It flopped. Stars is just at the wrong place in the set. It was weird to hear this one after a song like Tusk.

I stood by the bus after the show was over. Neale and Brett came out and talked to everyone. Lindsey sort of rushed by. All in all, it was a great show!
Old 09-25-2011, 09:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AliceLover View Post
They handed out programs at this show. There was an interview/review regarding Seeds We Sow. It looked familiar, I am sure its on the web somewhere.
Great review.

Did the program have any pictures we have not seen before?

Michele
Old 09-25-2011, 09:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Great review.

Did the program have any pictures we have not seen before?

Michele
Nope, it was the SWS cover, I believe.
Old 09-25-2011, 09:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
This song is a force! I can't think of a time when a new song from his "new" albums got a better reception. Literally, standing O's at both shows I've attended.
Old 09-25-2011, 09:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AliceLover View Post
This song is a force! I can't think of a time when a new song from his "new" albums got a better reception. Literally, standing O's at both shows I've attended.
Once he starts screaming out of nowhere, "IN THE DUNGEON WHERE . . ." people probably just stand up out of fear. It's one of those fight or flight reflexes. The chorus comes as such a shock, following the verses.

But good for him.

Michele
Old 09-25-2011, 10:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Once he starts screaming out of nowhere, "IN THE DUNGEON WHERE . . ." people probably just stand up out of fear. It's one of those fight or flight reflexes. The chorus comes as such a shock, following the verses.

But good for him.

Michele
HAH! It is always quite a shock. I think people are digging it because it has that "Fleetwood Mac-ish" feel to it. I think this song could be a predecessor to GYOW.

Plus that ending solo is just out of this world.
Old 09-25-2011, 10:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I bet that guitar work in One Take would get as strong a reaction as TWLG.

Michele
Old 09-25-2011, 10:08 PM
Senior Ledgie

I really loved All My Sorrows. I think it really adds variety to the set. It shows some of the evolution of the music of LB. It's not a rocker that gets people onto their feet but it's a beautiful song and I hope it stays.

Great concert!