The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Post-Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 03-01-2011, 02:01 AM
Senior Ledgie

Default Any Soundboards from the Time Era?

I love me some Bekka!
Old 03-01-2011, 12:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

There are two.

One from Interlaken, Switzerland 1994 & a partial show from Chicago 1995.

Happy hunting.
Old 03-01-2011, 01:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Here is a link I found for Interlaken. I haven't downloaded it, so I don't know if it works.

http://rapidshare.com/files/23912491...Interlaken.rar
Old 03-01-2011, 02:01 PM
Senior Ledgie

Sweet, will download when I get home
Old 03-01-2011, 10:04 PM
Senior Ledgie

Really great recording. Kinda a strange set list that really seemed to have been pretty Traffic heavy in terms of the songs, which i guess makes sense since Dave Mason was "the draw" of the band at that time. I think the joe cocker song and "imagine" kind of make me raise my eyebrow as to why those were chosen when there's so much FM material to choose from that was left out.

Since Bekka was singing all the Christine songs, I'm guessing she sat this tour out?

Cool stuff, only wish "talkin' to my heart" was on there live.
Old 03-02-2011, 01:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aprilsrain View Post

Since Bekka was singing all the Christine songs, I'm guessing she sat this tour out?
The tour happened well before the Time album was released (the tour ended in September '95, the album was released in October '95)...and half the album was recorded during breaks in the tour.

Christine wasn't on tour with them in '94/95...mainly because she really wasn't an active member of the band at the time. She was brought back in after the original album entitled Another Link In The Chain was rejected by WB. Mick recruited Christine to record some songs to be included on the album before WB would accept the album for release (and by then retitled Time)

The only songs from the album performed on the tour were Dave Mason's "Blow By Blow" and Bekka's "Dreaming The Dream" (which replaced "Imagine" as the final song of the show sometime in 1995). Generally, the only Stevie Nicks song performed was "Gold Dust Woman", however, "Dreams" was played on a few occasions early in the tour. The "Joe Cocker song" (I'm assuming you mean "Feelin' Alright") was written by Dave Mason when he was in Traffic and is on the 2nd Traffic album...Leon Russell picked the song for Joe to cover and it's Joe's version that has become the "known" version. Since the tour started around the time of John Lennon's birthday in '94, "Imagine" was chosen to do as a tribute to John. Not really getting your comment about being "Traffic heavy"...they did two Traffic songs, only one of which was actually a well-known Traffic song ("Dear Mr Fantasy") the other the aforementioned "Feelin' Alright". I'm guessing that you meant that the set was "Dave Mason heavy", since there were a few of his "Hits" in the set (since he was a very successful solo act of his own for a time), like "We Just Disagree" & "Only You Know & I Know"....plus his Dylan cover "All Along The Watchtower".

The 1994/95 touring band personnel:

Mick Fleetwood: drums/percussion
John McVie: bass
Billy Burnette: guitars, vocals
Bekka Bramlett: vocals
Dave Mason: guitars, vocals
Steve Thoma: keyboards, backing vocals

Last edited by chiliD; 03-02-2011 at 01:34 PM..
Old 03-02-2011, 02:20 PM
Senior Ledgie

Wow thanks for the background information, that's very useful in understanding a context of the time as someone who really got into the band after this period. I did mean Dave Mason heavy when I said Traffic heavy.

I didn't know about Another Link In The Chain. Were those all recorded songs that just disappeared? Or did most of that end up becoming Time?
Old 03-02-2011, 02:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I didn't know about Another Link In The Chain. Were those all recorded songs that just disappeared? Or did most of that end up becoming Time?
The non-Christine songs were there (I'm assuming...they wouldn't have gone in and recorded an entire new album)...other than the one song of Billy's, (yet another version of) "The Bigger The Love" (which he'd already recorded on two separate solo albums and had covered by John McVie's Gotta Band and which they included in the live set) I'm not exactly sure what other tunes filled out the album. I sure would've liked to have heard it as it was originally submitted. (SOMEBODY has to have a copy somewhere) I'll bet it was a whole lot better, as far as cohesiveness, than what it became by trying to force-fit Christine's songs among the finished material.
Old 03-02-2011, 05:04 PM
Junior Ledgie

Default 1994/ 1995 tour setlist info

Hi,

I hope the following info helps:

The song "Nothing Without You" was played live sometime during the 1994 tour. I have a vhs tape (somewhere) that I received in a trade from a concert for The Soccor Rocks The Globe cd. It's some sort of concert that Fleetwood Mac participated in for the World Cup event (exact date unknown). The quality is poor at best, but I pulled the audio from it just to have that song live.

Additionally, I have a cassette tape from Holmdel, NJ dated July 27, 1995 which has Bekka singing Landslide to close the show. I saw them a few nights later in Camden with Reo Speedwagon & Pat Benetar for what the audience was told was the first night that they were performing "Dreamin' The Dream" in place of "Landslide".

I was lucky enough to see the band in August of 1994 and again in July of 1995. The did put on a fantastic show.

This is my first post, so if I've made any mistakes let me know. This is new to me.

Thanks
Old 03-02-2011, 06:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

This was a really strange time in the history of the Mac. Band members coming and going - Christine hanging on by a thread. Essentially the entire "frontline" was new, yet having to perform songs by the "old" members.

Has anybody seen the video of Bekka and the Mac doing "Gold Dust Woman"? She did the song differently but it's good nonetheless.
Old 03-04-2011, 02:28 AM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacShadowsBall View Post
This was a really strange time in the history of the Mac. Band members coming and going - Christine hanging on by a thread. Essentially the entire "frontline" was new, yet having to perform songs by the "old" members.

Has anybody seen the video of Bekka and the Mac doing "Gold Dust Woman"? She did the song differently but it's good nonetheless.
I think I've got that VHS (it's been years and I'd have to go back through my tapes. I don't even have a VCR anymore). I remember thoroughly enjoying it as well.

and welcome pop1919 thanks for the info!

I wish I had become a fan of the band during this era, but I was only 13 so I suppose there was only so much I could find.
Old 03-04-2011, 07:38 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
I think I've got that VHS (it's been years and I'd have to go back through my tapes. I don't even have a VCR anymore). I remember thoroughly enjoying it as well.

and welcome pop1919 thanks for the info!

I wish I had become a fan of the band during this era, but I was only 13 so I suppose there was only so much I could find.
Don't feel bad! I was 21 when Time came out and I heard almost nothing concerning it. I didn't even know it was going to be released until I saw it at Camelot in Dec. 1995. The only other thing I heard concerning that era was something on VH-1 saying that FM was touring with Reo Speedwagon and Pat Benatar.
Old 03-04-2011, 07:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiliD View Post
Christine wasn't on tour with them in '94/95...mainly because she really wasn't an active member of the band at the time. She was brought back in after the original album entitled Another Link In The Chain was rejected by WB. Mick recruited Christine to record some songs to be included on the album before WB would accept the album for release (and by then retitled Time)
Again, not really true. There are many articles and even photographic evidence that Christine was still a member of the band, just that she had retired from the road. MAYBE she only contributed a song or two to the original record, but there was never anything to suggest that she had quit altogether. If anything, Billy was the one who came into the game late. Again, it's been documented.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacShadowsBall View Post
Actually, it's not at all odd for Fleetwood Mac. From 1967-1975, the band never had the same line-up for more than 18 months. As for a whole new "frontline", Billy was in the band for seven or eight years at that point, and was heavily associated with the band for years prior to that. He was in a somewhat similar position as Christine was in 1975. Where they screwed up is not doing any of his songs from "Behind The Mask."

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 03-04-2011, 07:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
Again, not really true. There are many articles and even photographic evidence that Christine was still a member of the band, just that she had retired from the road. MAYBE she only contributed a song or two to the original record, but there was never anything to suggest that she had quit altogether. If anything, Billy was the one who came into the game late. Again, it's been documented.
Yes & no. Yeah, she did the video for "Love Shines" with Billy, Mick & John, but there wasn't much else she was involved in. From what I've been told re Another Link In The Chain album submission, she wasn't involved in that album in any way.

Quote:
As for a whole new "frontline", Billy was in the band for seven or eight years at that point, and was heavily associated with the band for years prior to that. He was in a somewhat similar position as Christine was in 1975. Where they screwed up is not doing any of his songs from "Behind The Mask."
That, and even during the "Shake The Cage" & BTM tours, not doing a couple of his prior solo songs that got some major airplay (i.e. mainly "Don't Say No")
Old 03-04-2011, 08:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

As for a whole new "frontline", Billy was in the band for seven or eight years at that point, and was heavily associated with the band for years prior to that. He was in a somewhat similar position as Christine was in 1975. Where they screwed up is not doing any of his songs from "Behind The Mask."
I really feel that Christine and Billy should both have been more the focus in the new "frontline", but with Christine not wanting to tour and apparently Billy leaving then returning late in the making of the album, I guess it wasn't really possible. Though they did have good chemistry and had a few songs and kinda a history together. And essentially ignoring Behind the Mask album was a mistake, definitely!