User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 06-16-2010, 01:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by holidayroad View Post
I agree! If a guy is 'handsome' but a complete jerk, I'm going to think he's ugly. If someone has talent you respect, intelligence, or has morals/beliefs you respect, you will find the beauty in that person, even if you didn't see it at first.
Oh God, completely agree, that's almost one of my philosophies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissLadyLoki View Post
I know. It's been hard finding a guy, and i'm not upset without one, but at least I won't have another jackass like him.

That aside, anyone here ever see Big Love from Soundstage? Another Ledgie (forget her name) gave me a vid of it and it's absolutely amazing to watch.
Dear Cassie, could you find a legal way to share it with me ?
Old 06-16-2010, 01:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleepless-Child View Post
Oh God, completely agree, that's almost one of my philosophies.

Dear Cassie, could you find a legal way to share it with me ?
Check your Facebook PMs.

You can add me on Facebook
Old 06-16-2010, 02:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Holidayroad, I love how you always manage to find similar shots from different eras. You have a knack ( and a LOT of photos...keep 'em coming! )

That third one, with the brown t-shirt is from John Stewart's memorial isn't it?

--------------------------------------------
Old 06-16-2010, 06:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsfan View Post
Holidayroad, I love how you always manage to find similar shots from different eras. You have a knack ( and a LOT of photos...keep 'em coming! )

That third one, with the brown t-shirt is from John Stewart's memorial isn't it?

--------------------------------------------
I'm really glad you like the photos. I love to find ones from different eras that have a similarity. It's like 'Well, none of us are getting any younger, but some things never change.' I keep them on my computer until I find ones that go together well.
I am unsure where the last photo is from. You're probably right with where you said it was from.
Old 06-16-2010, 07:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I'm really glad you like the photos. I love to find ones from different eras that have a similarity. It's like 'Well, none of us are getting any younger, but some things never change.' I keep them on my computer until I find ones that go together well.
I am unsure where the last photo is from. You're probably right with where you said it was from.
Speaking of similarities, you gotta admit it's funny how in the last few years he always wears a leather jacket on stage, or how way back in the day, he refused to wear anything that concealed his chest hair and even adorned it with chains. I wonder why...

Old 06-16-2010, 10:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I agree! If a guy is 'handsome' but a complete jerk, I'm going to think he's ugly. If someone has talent you respect, intelligence, or has morals/beliefs you respect, you will find the beauty in that person, even if you didn't see it at first.
Yeah. And I don't mean it in a "I only see the inner soul" kind of way. Because I can be really shallow. Michele
Old 06-17-2010, 07:28 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Speaking of similarities, you gotta admit it's funny how in the last few years he always wears a leather jacket on stage, or how way back in the day, he refused to wear anything that concealed his chest hair and even adorned it with chains. I wonder why...
I guess at this point, it's sort of 'out of style' to show of chest hair/wear gold chains! I sort of wish he'd at least wear a few different outfits. When he wears the same night after night, it makes it hard to know what date a picture was taken.
Old 06-17-2010, 07:29 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Old 06-17-2010, 07:44 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I'm not a nature girl by any means (hell, the root of many of my jokes about Upstate New York is the fact that there's nothing but nature up there and towns that disappear when you blink), but he makes it look good.

Old 06-17-2010, 08:16 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I'm not a nature girl by any means (hell, the root of many of my jokes about Upstate New York is the fact that there's nothing but nature up there and towns that disappear when you blink), but he makes it look good.
How can you not like nature? It's like saying you don't like water!
Uh, New-York girls...
Old 06-17-2010, 08:47 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
How can you not like nature? It's like saying you don't like water!
Uh, New-York girls...
First of all, downstate New Yorkers hold a universal dislike of upstate for a variety of reasons, the biggest being that people are a bit strange, but when I meant not being a nature girl, I meant cause I don't like hiking and *shudders* camping.

EDIT: This is the place I was talking ablout where it's nothing but nature, strange people, and too many SUNY schools: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Upstate_New_York

This is where I live, where there is nature, but not quite in-your-face, nothing but trees kind: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Downstate_New_York

Last edited by MissLadyLoki; 06-17-2010 at 08:52 AM..
Old 06-17-2010, 10:52 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
First of all, downstate New Yorkers hold a universal dislike of upstate for a variety of reasons, the biggest being that people are a bit strange, but when I meant not being a nature girl, I meant cause I don't like hiking and *shudders* camping.

EDIT: This is the place I was talking ablout where it's nothing but nature, strange people, and too many SUNY schools: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Upstate_New_York

This is where I live, where there is nature, but not quite in-your-face, nothing but trees kind: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Downstate_New_York
Cassie, i was kidding. Damn, that's a lot of wikipedia reading, and there's not even a French translation ! But there're Amish people there, so it is probably weird (not judging anything, but isn't it weird?)
Old 06-17-2010, 05:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Cassie, i was kidding. Damn, that's a lot of wikipedia reading, and there's not even a French translation ! But there're Amish people there, so it is probably weird (not judging anything, but isn't it weird?)
I know you were kidding, but I was just explaining myself.

I know the Amish are concentrated in Lancaster County, PA (aka Amish Country), and that at least has Hershey Park, but the people in upstate are, in general, a bit on the odd side, based on what I saw when I had to go up there for my cousin's wedding. Now, I better drop it before any Upstaters reading get offended by the perspectives of a Downstater (and if you are reading I have one thing to say: no, Long Island isn't part of the city).

Moving on, I foudn this Tumblr pic and is it just me or is Bucky wearing velvet pants? http://****yeahlindseybuckingham.tum...post/708301696

Last edited by MissLadyLoki; 06-17-2010 at 05:26 PM..
Old 06-17-2010, 06:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I know you were kidding, but I was just explaining myself.

I know the Amish are concentrated in Lancaster County, PA (aka Amish Country), and that at least has Hershey Park, but the people in upstate are, in general, a bit on the odd side, based on what I saw when I had to go up there for my cousin's wedding. Now, I better drop it before any Upstaters reading get offended by the perspectives of a Downstater (and if you are reading I have one thing to say: no, Long Island isn't part of the city).

Moving on, I foudn this Tumblr pic and is it just me or is Bucky wearing velvet pants? http://****yeahlindseybuckingham.tum...post/708301696
Why yes, I believe he is! And he looks damn fine in them, too

-------------------------------------
Old 06-17-2010, 07:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsfan View Post
Why yes, I believe he is! And he looks damn fine in them, too

-------------------------------------
Come to think of it, he does look good in 'em. Hell, he and a few other hot rockers manage to look great in things that look horrible on other people (Lindsey has velvet pants and Hawaiian shirts, Jimmy Page has sweater vests, etc.)