Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Chit Chat
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 11-29-2010, 08:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Unhappy Leslie Nielsen dead at 84

There have been a lot of people in the entertainment industry who have died this year. This past week, we lost another great icon in the entertainment business, and he will be truly missed.

ABC News reports that beloved film and television actor Leslie Nielsen died at 84 near his home in Ft. Lauderdale, Florida, Sunday, Nov. 28. Nielsen died at a hospital from complications of pneumonia, with
his family and friends surrounding him. Nielsen is best known for his roles in "Airplane!" and "The Naked Gun," but has been in various movies throughout his 60-year career in the entertainment business. Nielsen first appeared in a series of dramatic films before he found his true love of comedy and took it to the big screen.

Nielsen was a very good actor, and he will be truly missed by all who enjoyed seeing him grow through the years as one of the best comedians in movies. One role that I will always remember Nielsen by is his famous role in "The Naked Gun," which is one of my favorite movies. I really enjoyed Nielsen's role in "The Naked Gun" because he was hilarious in this movie, and there was a lot of satire involved in his character.

Nielsen played a cop who was trying to foil an assassination attempt Queen Elizabeth II, but he was not very skilled. He was the type of cop who you just shudder to think about because he did everything wrong, even though he thought he was doing the right thing. Another great thing about Nielsen in this movie was the fact there were so many double meanings to the statements he made within the movie. Nielsen would say something that seemed harmless but in fact, there was another meaning behind it that often involved sexual innuendos. I will always remember Nielsen for his role in "The Naked Gun" because it was just a classic cop comedy mixed with sexual innuendos and satire. He really played the role of an incompetent cop well and the fact he tried to be serious is what made the movie so comical.

http://www.associatedcontent.com/art...sen.html?cat=9

He never failed to make me laugh. May he rest in peace...and don't call me Shirley!

You can add me on Facebook
Old 11-29-2010, 09:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Rest in peace, Leslie, you will be missed! ...or should I say, President Harris *sigh* amazing comedian/actor! My Dad's personal favorite! He made him laugh & that made me happy!!
Old 11-29-2010, 11:45 PM
Supporting Ledgie

Major bummer. I remember seeing The Naked Gun when it came out... Still a funny movie. Nielsen was one of those guys that could make you smile and he didn't even have to say a word. He will be missed!
Old 11-30-2010, 12:56 AM
Addicted Ledgie

He was the one that uttered the immortal quote "Is that right, Mr. Poopy pants?" isnt he?
Old 11-30-2010, 11:11 AM
Addicted Ledgie

As well as the Airplanes and Naked Guns, I also loved Dracula Dead and Loving It and Repossessed! He didn't have to say anything, a look would do!
Old 11-30-2010, 11:35 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by McTrouble View Post
As well as the Airplanes and Naked Guns, I also loved Dracula Dead and Loving It and Repossessed! He didn't have to say anything, a look would do!
Me & my friend watched Leslie Neilson videos on youtube in class without the sound, and we were STILL laughing as hard as we could, I laughed so hard I cried for an hour! We couldn't get over how just watching silent videos could make us laugh so hard - then we realized it was Leslie. Just Leslie
Old 11-30-2010, 11:53 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

i loved him in the 'airplane' movies~

RIP leslie~
Old 12-09-2010, 01:33 AM
Junior Ledgie

Hi !
I've just visited this forum. Happy to get acquainted with you. Thanks.