User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 12-08-2012, 10:52 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Sick Of You

http://wfmu.org/flashplayer.php?vers...&archive=83784

It's the second song on this show. It starts around 2 min 35.

It's generic. It's a one idea song. With a lot of repetition. But those last ninety seconds, nothing changes, but still makes it worthwhile.

Hmm, I hate to admit it. But I really like it. It's weird, even kinda funny, singing I'm so sick of you the whole time in that lovely tone and voice.

Last edited by shackin'up; 12-08-2012 at 10:57 AM..
Old 12-08-2012, 11:31 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by shackin'up View Post
http://wfmu.org/flashplayer.php?vers...&archive=83784

It's the second song on this show. It starts around 2 min 35.

It's generic. It's a one idea song. With a lot of repetition. But those last ninety seconds, nothing changes, but still makes it worthwhile.

Hmm, I hate to admit it. But I really like it. It's weird, even kinda funny, singing I'm so sick of you the whole time in that lovely tone and voice.
thank you!! and, WATL in the mix at 2:06:57? should i take that as a sign? WATL anywhere makes me happy.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 12-08-2012, 11:59 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Thank you for posting this! I really like it, it is simple but it's for a soundtrack so I wasn't really expecting anything groundbreaking. It sort of needs to be poppy and catchy and I think it is. I'll definitely listen to it!
Old 12-08-2012, 12:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by shackin'up View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by redtulip View Post
Thank you for posting this! I really like it, it is simple but it's for a soundtrack so I wasn't really expecting anything groundbreaking. It sort of needs to be poppy and catchy and I think it is. I'll definitely listen to it!
agree with those 90 seconds at the end shackin'up. and also agree with your characterization of the whole song redtulip. not sure whether i like it or not really. probably not something i'd give much attention if it was not LB, honestly. but sounds like it will be appropriate accompaniment (is that a word?) for certain movie scenes, which was probably the goal.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 12-08-2012, 12:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
agree with those 90 seconds at the end shackin'up. and also agree with your characterization of the whole song redtulip. not sure whether i like it or not really. probably not something i'd give much attention if it was not LB, honestly. but sounds like it will be appropriate accompaniment (is that a word?) for certain movie scenes, which was probably the goal.
That is exactly what I was thinking. I can even imagine exactly the type of scene this will be played over, some type of fight between the married couple I'm sure, where they are feeling bad afterwards. I think it will fit well in the movie.

I'm also liking his singing on it a lot, not sure why. I probably wouldn't listen to it either if it wasn't Lindsey, but that's ok, I'm liking it!
Old 12-08-2012, 12:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

The vocal will take some getting used to, but I think this song is 4 and half minutes of pop brilliance. It recalls things like Trouble and Time Bomb Town when Lindsey was painstakingly crafting very pretty pop songs that had just enough of an edge. The guitar is very tasty, and it reminds me of one of the reasons I am drawn to Lindsey Buckingham -- it's that ability to come up with hooks that really pull you in. It's something that, frankly, I've missed with the "minimalist" approach he's been taking lately.

This is almost like going back in time, away from SWS stuff, back to a poppier Lindsey era. And... I believe it may give us a glimpse of the FM material he worked on with John and Mick. I hear a steady snare there that could be Mick, though it could just be Lindsey messing with GarageBand drum loops.
Old 12-08-2012, 12:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockawayBlind View Post
The vocal will take some getting used to, but I think this song is 4 and half minutes of pop brilliance. It recalls things like Trouble and Time Bomb Town when Lindsey was painstakingly crafting very pretty pop songs that had just enough of an edge. The guitar is very tasty, and it reminds me of one of the reasons I am drawn to Lindsey Buckingham -- it's that ability to come up with hooks that really pull you in. It's something that, frankly, I've missed with the "minimalist" approach he's been taking lately.
he sounds like he's about to throw up - which i guess makes all the sense it the world if he's singing how he's sick of someone

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockawayBlind View Post
This is almost like going back in time, away from SWS stuff, back to a poppier Lindsey era. And... I believe it may give us a glimpse of the FM material he worked on with John and Mick. I hear a steady snare there that could be Mick, though it could just be Lindsey messing with GarageBand drum loops.
yeah i don't like Trouble and similar kind of music he made in the past, GOS1 and SWS are more my cup of tea... although i guess that doesn't say much b/c there is a huge range of songs on those 2 albums. plus i love love love SHN and Rodeo which i guess one can characterize almost as poppy as can be ? but i agree with you that this may be the glimpse on his new FM material. although i hope not; i hope this is really very soundtrack-specific.

EDIT: i do like the guitar parts a lot. although they do sound very Mediterranean to me.

Last edited by elle; 12-08-2012 at 12:45 PM..
Old 12-08-2012, 12:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

With these 3 tracks and the 8 tracks he recorded with Mick&John... that's a new Lindsey solo album's worth of music. wow.

ETA: wow those last 90 seconds are sublime.

ETA2: I think this song is about Stevie.

Imagine paying $1000 to hear "Don't Dream It's Over" instead of "Go Your Own Way"

Fleetwood Mac helped me through a time of heartbreak. 12 years later, they broke my heart.
Old 12-08-2012, 01:23 PM
Senior Ledgie

The end of this song sounds almost like it would fit on the 1975 white album, nice to see Lindsey return to his banjo-esque lead guitar lines.
Old 12-08-2012, 02:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Don't care for it....bland.
Old 12-08-2012, 03:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

This is nice, thanks.

I'm afraid it's going to be the best of the 3 songs, from what I've heard.

I agree about it fitting in the movie, from the previews I've seen where they are fighting, yet banding together to annoy other people comedically (like when room service comes in the room and he tells them he's seen a rodent). That goes with: I'm so sick of you, no one else will ever do. Bickering and laughing in the same breath.

I like Trouble just fine, but I think Time Bomb Town is on another level. I don't think this is as good as Trouble and I believe very few things are as good as Time Bomb Town.

Michele
Old 12-08-2012, 05:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

The vocal honestly sounds fine to me. Much better than the ghastly breathy stuff he sometimes ventures into.

I like it a lot. Nice lead lines, catchy. It's simple but good.
Old 12-08-2012, 07:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
he sounds like he's about to throw up - which i guess makes all the sense it the world if he's singing how he's sick of someone
Ah, see! You also think it's weird .
I like the song, melody and all, just not the lyrics really (mainly chorus).
Old 12-08-2012, 07:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
This is nice, thanks.

I'm afraid it's going to be the best of the 3 songs, from what I've heard.

I agree about it fitting in the movie, from the previews I've seen where they are fighting, yet banding together to annoy other people comedically (like when room service comes in the room and he tells them he's seen a rodent). That goes with: I'm so sick of you, no one else will ever do. Bickering and laughing in the same breath.

I like Trouble just fine, but I think Time Bomb Town is on another level. I don't think this is as good as Trouble and I believe very few things are as good as Time Bomb Town.

Michele
Time Bomb Town is one of my favorite LB songs, never figured why so many people disliked it. Way to do a song for a movie, that still worked on its own, independently.
Old 12-08-2012, 07:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

omg the song following Sick of You... is that what I think it is?!?! wow, i love Sick of You but then this radio station outclasses it right after...

Imagine paying $1000 to hear "Don't Dream It's Over" instead of "Go Your Own Way"

Fleetwood Mac helped me through a time of heartbreak. 12 years later, they broke my heart.