Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Lindsey Buckingham
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 09-27-2007, 07:31 PM
Junior Ledgie

Default Andio featuring Stephen James - Big Love

Hi..thanks for all your comments good and bad!

The good news is it's here at last! After a long summer...it's all coming together and the track is out for download (WOO HOO!!!)

Now all you nice people have to do is buy it for me! ;-)
It's available on iTunes!

If you don't use iTunes you can get it on Napster or here
http://www.junodownload.com/products/1273619-02.htm
http://dittomusic.dloadshop.com/shop.asp?artistid=163

Thought I'd give you an insight on why I chose to do this cover while I'm here....I heard the original studio version on a radio station here in the UK and saw the potential for using parts of it in a club record...I did already know the track but hadn't heard it for a long time!
I then looked for it to download to get a better listen, and came across the live version from the Dance....and thought this is even better!
Then I went and bought the Dance DVD and was seriously blown away by the performance! It is simply amazing to be able to play like that...and sing! originally I thought there was probably at least two guitarists playing!

I did actually try to get clearance from the publishers to use the original vocal & samples but came up against a bit of a brick wall, I then came across Stephen playing at a gig in Dublin....and the rest is history....lol

I agree though....nothing will top the original live version! I've just tried to update it, make it club & radio friendly...and also try to stay pretty true to the original...not everyone's going to like it...and it's probably not for the purist's but...if it pleases a few LB fans....and attracts a few new ones then it's been worthwile

It's currently sitting just outside the UK top 40....looking to break into it this weekend...so if it doesn't offend you too much...get downloading....lol
Old 09-28-2007, 02:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I didn't think it was all that bad...I mean I have heard some disco (for lack of a better term) renditions that repeat the same line/phrase over and over to where one wants to go postal...like a caged tiger, screaming ... shut that thing off! Soooo.....I like that you stayed true to the original.

Another positive is his voice, I find to be quite similiar to LB's. (Imagine someone like Rod Stewart/Kenny Rogers trying to sing it.)

The two actors in the video must be professional dancers...the man does a move on the dirt road that my kids tried to master in dance class and never did.
Old 09-28-2007, 11:16 PM
Junior Ledgie

Yes, I deliberately chose this guy to resing it because of that 'similar' sound I wanted it to be as close to the original as possible.
Also the dance are profeesionals yes...2 of the best argentinian tango dancers in the UK....they were even better to watch close up at full speed! most of the video is in slo mo...at full speed it was amazing ;-)