User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 12-30-2012, 11:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by redtulip View Post
Also, the tent show (Washburn, WI) was a really good show and interesting venue. And it's also one of my personal favorites because I met McTrouble, elle, Lindsfan, and erwk05 in person for the first time and made some wonderful new friends that I hope to see more LB solo shows with in the future!
That was an exceptional evening You were good enough to drive us after just having met us, and then we stayed up talking and laughing almost all night after the show on that beautiful deck at the hotel. A perfect night in every way! Easily one of the best things about Lindsey's music is the way it brings people together, and Washburn is a good example of that (Chicago and Columbus fall into that "category" too lol). Anyways, that show meant a lot to me. It really did. I look forward to round two in 2014!

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
...on a more personal note, although nobody would probably put the Bijou / Knoxville show on the top of this list, i have to give it a mention because of tons of bantering and personal interaction with LB throughout that whole show (Lindsfan usually characterizes this as the embarrassing moments of elle continually picking a fight with LB during his show). either way, it was a thrill and i enjoyed it immensely, even if we couldn't get him to do Gone Too Far, or Underground, not even Rodeo.
Quote:
Love it!
redtulip, that's because you weren't there
Old 12-31-2012, 12:36 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I saw him in Council Bluffs, Overland Park, and St Louis. Without a doubt Council Bluffs takes the cake! There was an intense performer-audience connection, and his energy was extraordinary. Such an amazing night!
Just a dream, just a dream.
Old 12-31-2012, 12:59 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
tons of bantering and personal interaction with LB throughout that whole show (Lindsfan usually characterizes this as the embarrassing moments of elle continually picking a fight with LB during his show).
Quote:
Love it!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsfan View Post
redtulip, that's because you weren't there
aww, poor dear, still traumatized.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HelloMonster View Post
I saw him in Council Bluffs, Overland Park, and St Louis. Without a doubt Council Bluffs takes the cake! There was an intense performer-audience connection, and his energy was extraordinary. Such an amazing night!
yes, from all of you who were there this seemed to have been THE show of the tour.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 12-31-2012, 03:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
aww, poor dear, still traumatized.

yes, from all of you who were there this seemed to have been THE show of the tour.
That was a really great run of three shows, tent, Council Bluffs, and Des Moines. He really had good momentum for those shows and I'm very happy I was able to be at all three!
Old 12-31-2012, 03:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

This tour was memorable on so many levels. I truly hope that anyone who missed it this time, for whatever reasons, that you get the opportunity next time he tours solo (counting on 2014 Lindsey!!). It was fun, too, following all the concerts on Twitter when we weren't there ourselves, and hearing comments from fans - especially those seeing Lindsey for the very first time. Again and again, they were awestruck, and it's fun to see and hear their reactions, both in print, and in person!

I'm sorry this post is so lenghty. Obviously, you can skim it or skip it or whatever you want, but I'm posting it for the record. I was lucky enough to see 12 concerts on this tour. If I had to pick a favorite, I couldn't. I could pick five though - Spokane, Columbus, Fort Worth, Chicago, and Washburn (Lake Superior). I had such an incredible year with my fellow Buck Heads, and I thank them all for their part in making it happen.

So here's my year end re-cap...

Portland, OR - This was my first Lindsey SOLO show (I'd seen Small Machine the year before). It was a Friday night, after work, and I drove down to Portland by myself, from Seattle. I sat in the back of the balcony in a funky, little, old theatre. The place was packed...people standing against the wall behind me, and in the aisles of the balcony. When Lindsey walked out, my god it got loud!! And when he started playing, we were all instantly rewarded. I loved my seat, way up high watching the concert unfold. Yeah, I wished a little bit that I was on the lower level, or at the stage, but it was different, and it was fun seeing the audience, and not just Lindsey. It was a great firt solo show. Two things in particular I remember...One, was Lindsey popping the security guy on top of the head for trying to remove one of his biggest fans. He just walked away from the mic in mid GYOW, leaving the crowd to do the singing, and bopped him! It wasn't mean, it was kinda comical actually. The other thing I remember was how stunned I was at ISA. I saw it on SWS tour right up front, and was awed, but this...this was something else entirely! I looked up my review before writing this to refresh my memory, and this is what I had written: "The crowd went absolutely nuts when Stan walked out with the M1! Come and So Afraid, were mind-blowers. Come was really cool, and So Afraid, was...I can't even describe how un-real it was. Good freaking GOD. What can I say, it was an eargasm. He played it very different than the way I'd heard it before. Yes, some of it was of course, the same - it's the same song! But, dang! That man brings it, and after hearing him again last night, I still say I'd pay good money just to watch him tune his guitar...he's THAT good."

Seattle, WA - This was in the U-District (University of Washington), on a Saturday night, same day as a big arts festival. So, the crowd was a good mix of young and old, with more young than usual. A lot of happy drunks too, which since they weren't overboard, added to the fun. Lots of banter between Lindsey and the audience and people really got into ALL the songs (Go Insane was cool at the beginning as you could hear people all around singing along). This was the concert where, during his Big Love speech, after telling us the song was from 1987, a young man said "I wasn't even born yet!". Lindsey's look was priceless, and then he laughed and said he had no comeback for that...except thanks for being here! Seattle show was also the first edge walk I'd ever witnessed, which was really neat.

Security made me put my camera away in mid-song, but it's still a nice video of the edge walk...

Spokane, WA - I went to this with a complete stranger that I sold my extra ticket to, and had A BLAST!! First time in the front row, and WOW!!

Come, from Spokane show:

This was another tiny little theatre, a beautiful one at that, and this was the last show of that leg. There wasn't a lot of standing, as there was no need to, we were all soooo close to Lindsey in that tiny place, but the love was strongly felt, and you could see it in Lindsey's playing and his manner. This show belongs right up there with Council Bluffs (which I wasn't at, but I'll take those of you that were at your word). After SUD, a fan yelled, "who needs a band?", and another, "you ARE the band!", to which Lindsey replied, "well, it does get a little lonely out there"

Lindsey was kind of emotional when he thanked us for sending him home on a really high note. justdreamin got this wonderful video of that, plus you can hear the crowd's enthusiasm...

This show was also notable because it's the FIRST show of the solo tour where Lindsey felt comfortable enough to let the fans strum his guitar on GYOW...and I was the first fan! This show stands out for me too, because it's the first time I got to meet and touch him. He was signing autographs after the show and I didn't have anything for him to sign, as I wasn't expecting to see him. So I just asked for a hug, and got one.

Pittsburgh PA - My first official meet and greet, and one of the best nights ever. Also, my first show with dear friends Viv (McTrouble) and Nico! Lindsey was so gracious at the meet and greet. He really took his time, and we had the nicest conversation. He apologized for not playing RAB, and we talked about his SWS album, among other things.

Columbus OH - AWESOME show! So many Ledgies there!! The front rows were STACKED with hardcore fans...the whole place, really, and it was something special being there. I'm still grateful to BigAl for selling me a 2nd row ticket w/ meet and greet, and I had a blast taking in the concert with him! Best of all was I finally got to hear RAB - somethig I wasn't sure would happen after Elle's best efforts to disuade him the night before in Pitt ( for the record, she redeemed herself in Columbus).

Fort Worth, TX - THIS was the best show of the tour, possibly. Musically, he played everything just soooo good. I know a lot of you swear by the Council Bluffs show, which I understand, but I bet Christy (wondergirl9847), #1LiddyBuckFan, and Fever Dance would agree with me that THIS show was something special. I'm so glad to have TWO wonderful audio bootlegs from Fort Worth!! He played SUD differently at the end, and he also played the best RAB ever IMO (thank you Fever Dance, and all the conspirators up front!). Stephanie, too, was exceptional that night. ISA and Come were ridiculous, and the fans were really digging the performance, and the performer. This was also the show that I realized just how high in the air Lindsey goes on the love grunts at the end of Big Love - lol! Best of all though, was the un-official meet and greet afterwards. It was completely impromptu! There were lots of people waiting around after the show - on the street! - and we were getting mixed signals as to whether he would come out or not. It was a gorgeous, hot and humid Texas night, and after about an hour - yes, an hour! - he did in fact come out. We were lined up, up the sidewalk, all us die-hards, calmly chatting amongst eachother, and he took the time to shake hands, take photos, and talk with every one of us. He was so relaxed and gracious. Bonus for me, as always, was meeting new friends, Christy (wondergirl9847) and erwk05 (who I then had the pleasure of going to several more shows with).

Impromptu M&G in Fort Worth:

Chicago IL - First night, we had the best seats in the house. It was like if he was going to play for you in his living room, that would be the set up. Amazing. Un-real. I was awed.

Best part about One Man Show? The opportunity to see the best guitar player on the planet THIS close:

Chicago IL - Second night, we were opposite side of the mic (our left side) in otherwise the same basic position as the first night. Once again there just are no words to describe that performance. Like Columbus, this show, too, was STACKED with hadrcore fans showering Lindsey with love. He was talking and joking with everyone, and played several requests (see Elle's post). The Winery looked like it would be subdued, and the seats (and tables) were superclosetogether, so we all figured dancing - even standing - would be difficult, if not impossible. Wrong. This was an enthusiastic crowd, and we were on our feet a LOT! That little place was rocking, and anything BUT subdued. Honestly, there were just too many wonderful, um, people, at that show to mention by name. I'm sure I'd miss someone! I'll just say it was a treat to be a part of such an awesome crowd at an equally awesome show.

Green Bay WI - Lindsey played and sang flawlessly, but that was one boring audience. Nothing particularly memorable other than him throwing some shirt left on stage by a certain fan, that seemed to be distracting him. He seemed distracted too, during his SWS speech.

Lake Supierior WI -This was the last solo show I was going to get to see, and the last night with my friends, as well. I had no idea at that time he was adding one more leg. I just spent the best week with special friends, old, and new, and I didn't know what to expect from this show in a tent, in a field. I met redtulip the day of the show, and then we all hopped in her car and drove to the middle of nowhere. But what an awesome venue it turned out to be!

Thanks to erwk05 for this cool picture inside the tent:

Anyways, it was really hot, and we were worried Lindsey would have heatstroke if he wore his leather jacket. We hoped he'd have the sense to just go with a t-shirt, but he opted for a lightweight jacket, which was smart, since for a few minutes up there on stage, there were a LOT of bugs buzzing around him under the lights, and he would have been eaten alive in a t-shirt. Anyways, Lindsey played as good as he ever had...probably performance wise one of the better shows, and that crowd proved to have a lot more energy than I thought they would! There was also the sweetest little, elderly woman front and center...too old to stand up - literally, probably 85 -90 yeras old, just grininig ear to ear the whole time, and listening intently. Lindsey made a point of smiling back at her. People were on their feet a lot. I wasn't so much. I just wanted to take it all in, and watch and listen. I actually closed my eyes a lot to really hear his voice. I really wanted to remember what he sounded like LIVE. And what he LOOKED like in person. I was feeling a little melancholy even though it was a spectacular show, and I couldn't even bring myself to go to the stage for GYOW with the most awesome friends, Elle, Erwok05, redtulip, and Viv (McTrouble). I just wanted to witness it all. Lindsey, if he noticed at all, probably wondered what was wrong with me (was I mad at him? Is that even possible??) - lol. It was great night.

Asheville NC - Well, this was special, because we weren't even sure we were getting any more shows! So this leg was a last minute addition and I didn't think I'd be going. But, peer pressure won out, and I'm glad it did! Other than the moat in front of the stage, this was a great show. Also memorable because we got to hear some soundcheck before the show while waiting to get in. It was nice meeting two wonderful new friends (Amylyn and crylove77), and seeing WelshWitchPMD again as well. I had the best time hanging out with all of them them before, and after the show.

Knoxville TN - I disagree with Elle, in that I think this was actually a really great show performance wise. Just look at this clip of ISA for proof..

I had the pleasure of meeting Ryan(playon81) at this concert, and enjoyed taking in the show sitting between him and Elle.

Other than that, it was special for me because as Lindsey walked out at the start of the show, he looked right at me, recognizing me, and shot me the warmest smile ever. After that he and Elle fought the rest of the night, but that moment did it for me. Good concert, good crowd.

Last edited by Lindsfan; 12-31-2012 at 04:01 PM.. Reason: forgot something!
Old 12-31-2012, 11:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

^ What a fantastic post Lindsfan - don't know how you have the patience!

Brought back some fantastic memories!
Old 01-01-2013, 01:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsfan View Post
Chicago IL - Second night, we were opposite side of the mic (our left side) in otherwise the same basic position as the first night. Once again there just are no words to describe that performance. Like Columbus, this show, too, was STACKED with hadrcore fans showering Lindsey with love. He was talking and joking with everyone, and played several requests (see Elle's post). The Winery looked like it would be subdued, and the seats (and tables) were superclosetogether, so we all figured dancing - even standing - would be difficult, if not impossible. Wrong. This was an enthusiastic crowd, and we were on our feet a LOT! That little place was rocking, and anything BUT subdued. Honestly, there were just too many wonderful, um, people, at that show to mention by name. I'm sure I'd miss someone! I'll just say it was a treat to be a part of such an awesome crowd at an equally awesome show.
thank you Lindsfan so so much for posting this amazing wrap-up with all your funny little touches! reading this brings back so many great memories, and so many i almost forgot about.

so many things i feel compelled to talk more about, including all great and interesting people we spent time with on the road, some who are on TL and mentioned in this thread, and others who are not but were equally as important to all our experiences.

here's a shout-out from the man to all these wonderful people:

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"