The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-23-2002, 07:26 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default The first single...Rocker or Ballad?

I think the MAC should release a rocker as the first single. The Dance proved to a lot of new fans (and old ones) that this band rocks. I also think it should be a Lindsey song with Stevie very much on the track. Like Rumours and Tango the second single can be a Stevie track.
Old 04-23-2002, 08:06 AM
Ledgie

Cool

I would like it to be a rocker,Perhaps" Come ", or "Thrown Down". I can see Thrown Down being a rockin" song with Lindsey's input.Can't hardly contain myself waiting for this new album.
Old 04-23-2002, 08:49 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default YES!!

Quote:
Originally posted by Dar
I would like it to be a rocker,Perhaps" Come ", ....
I've said this like a gazillion times before and I'll say it again! In my opinion, "Come" HAS to be on this album, and it MUST be released as a single. And preferably the first single...Reason being everybody has got used to (over the past 30 years or so) the "Mac sound"..."Come" would just shock the hell out of everybody (and in a GOOD way).
Don't get me wrong..i'm not saying there's anything wrong with the typical "Mac sound"...I love it..(obviously LOL!!)...but IF Fleetwood Mac are after commercial (as well as critical) success, then this song has to be there....just imagine the video that would go with it...it would be absolutely awesome. In my opinion, if it's released this one song has the potential (if it's worked on properly and properly marketed) to make both itself and the album go to #1 on both sides of the Atlantic.
(If I pick up the CD and it's not on the tracklist I'm gonna feel like I've been hit in the gut with a baseball bat )

Old 04-23-2002, 10:35 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Wow...I hadn't even thought about that...and it occured to me, that I really don't have a preference...any type of song will do...I'm just SO excited...I can hardly wait!!!!
Old 04-23-2002, 10:52 AM
Addicted Ledgie

OOOH,oooh,oooh... a rocker!!!Just to show the rest of the world what we already know... that the Mac are BACK and can rock with the best of them!!! AND to give those useless boy/girl bands a run for their money!! I can't wait for the album either!
Old 04-23-2002, 11:52 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Dar, BLY, seteca and tuigirl, you guys are right on!

FM needs to show that they can be hotties at fifty something, still look and sound great, play circles around anybody, and yes, sing about SEX with the best of them! They've been doing it for years, anyway, esp. LB.

HA! Take that, you little plastic-boobied

LET IT "COME" !!!

I really hope it is at least ON the doggone CD! I will be so disappointed if it isn't.

I WANNA ROCK!
Old 04-23-2002, 12:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default well..

it doesn't really matter what they release if radio doesn't add it to the playlists.

I would love a 'rock' track, but I'm not for sure if rock radio would play it. The two singles from "The Dance" (Silver Springs and Landslide) were only played on the adult contemporary radio here in D.C.

So how do we classify Fleetwood Mac?

Rock??
Pop??
Adult Contemporary??

In this day of specific genre radio, I think it's a long shot for the Mac to have a hit single.

I think they need to release something so NOT Fleetwood Mac of the past, that people would sit up and take notice. It needs to sound fresh, contemporary, and rock. Release a killer video to go along with the new single and they might just have a chance.

I just hope we don't get an "Everyday" type release... sorry Stevie.
Old 04-23-2002, 12:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Re: well..

Quote:
Originally posted by Keith
...I think they need to release something so NOT Fleetwood Mac of the past, that people would sit up and take notice. It needs to sound fresh, contemporary, and rock. Release a killer video to go along with the new single and they might just have a chance...
COME!! COME!! COME!!!

LOL!!

Old 04-23-2002, 01:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

The first single should be a rocker. Whether it is a Stevie song or a Lindsey song doesn't matter to me. Any new Mac music is great anyway!!!

Michelle

~long live the queen... under the skin~
Old 04-23-2002, 01:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Heart "...can you feel the fever?"

One word....

COME.

Old 04-23-2002, 04:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I hope it is a rocker...just to catch everyone's attention...and make everyone who doens't already know it realize what an awesome rock n' roll band sounds like

"I walk on stage, I'm very strong, I'm still pretty cute and I rock." -Stevie Nicks
Old 04-27-2002, 06:49 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

I don't imagine radio playlist classification will be a big obstacle if the album ends up including the likes of Come & Gift of Screws (edgy new hard rock), Thrown Down (what an instant classic), Down On Rodeo (U2-ish?). I think, like Rumours, this baby will have a good handle on the popular avenues, albeit a number of them, in this 'age of ad nauseum categories'.

'Come' would surely be some commerical success - even just that volume blowout is such a hook in itself.
Old 04-28-2002, 05:30 PM

Default Take no prisoners

I say kick ass and take no prisoners. It's time all the bland, homogenous packaged pop stars got their butts properly kicked.

COME

This song will tell the world there's still room for a good hard rock n' roll, and I know just the band to pull it off.
Old 04-29-2002, 10:57 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Thumbs up That's easy...

I would say a rocker just to prove that they CAN STILL ROCK...'Nuff said, Brian

"To acknowledge death is to accept freedom and responsibility."

"Fleetwood Mac and its fans remind me of a toilet plunger...keep bringing up old sh*t..."
Old 04-30-2002, 08:55 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I don't know... I think "Come" would alienate a lot of long-time fans. I'd much prefer "Thrown Down" or one of Lindsey's poppier tracks, like "Twist of Fate," "Steal Your Heart Away" (GORGEOUS!) or "Shuffle Riff."
So I guess that's my answer--they should make it neither a hard-core rocker nor a too-soft ballad. Something in-between, but upbeat.