User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 11-09-2016, 02:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SisterNightroad View Post
I think the white album is superior to Tusk. Bomb Dropped.
omg nooooooooooooo
nooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
tusk is one of my favorite albums of anything
i do love the white album tho
all their albums from 1975 to 1979 are pretty amazing i think it's remarkable they had such an amazing streak
Old 11-09-2016, 02:34 PM

Quote:
I think the white album is superior to Tusk. Bomb Dropped.
duh!!! hahahah
Old 11-09-2016, 02:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamsunwind View Post
OOOH actually here's where i can argue. never make me cry is my favorite christine song, and i feel like no one agrees. to me it's better than songbird or little lies or even everywhere.
Songbird is my fav... but I love Never Make Me Cry.. esp the piano version..
Old 11-09-2016, 02:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
Don't Stop Thinking About Tomorrow

Ok lets argue... best or worst Christine line? Was it good or bad to let Lindsey take the first verse?
It was good to let Lindsey sing first verse. I loved that they switched lines, too.. I wish they'd done it live..

Don't Stop (LB)
thinking about tomorrow (CM)
Old 11-09-2016, 02:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I think if it wasn't for the fact that she's Stevie Nicks, she wouldn't be able to sell any albums or tickets with her current voice. I don't want to sound mean but sometimes I find it hard to listen to now :/

You could say the same for Lindsey since he's lost practically all his range but he still kills at guitar.

I also think the real reason she won't get in the studio is because she's traumatized from Say You Will. She really didn't like ANYTHING having to do with that album/the process of making it.
Old 11-09-2016, 03:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
I think if it wasn't for the fact that she's Stevie Nicks, she wouldn't be able to sell any albums or tickets with her current voice. I don't want to sound mean but sometimes I find it hard to listen to now :/

I also think the real reason she won't get in the studio is because she's traumatized from Say You Will. She really didn't like ANYTHING having to do with that album/the process of making it.
Ive often thought the same thing about Stevie's voice. Not only has she lost much of her range, but she's lost pretty much all of her vocal flexibility and beautiful, warm tone. Her voice used to be so buttery and strong; it sounds so thin & strained now. At least she has mostly migrated away from the flatness she exhibited so heavily during the first 10 or so years of this century. I blame her flat, shrieking, belting vocals on that awful coach who "saved" her voice. She still has her moments, but her voice is mostly gone now. I remember thinking how terrible she sounded during the Street Angel tour, but compare those shows to modern Stevie and it's shocking how good she was then compared to now.

The whole negativity that Stevie has harped on for a decade regarding SYW just baffles me to death. The Destiny Rules doc shows nothing but Lindsey catering to Stevie, and being extraordinarily supportive and patient with her. Yes, they had their one little tiff, but even Stevie admitted the next day that she was over it. So when I hear Stevie harp on how awful SYW was, I just groan. I suspect she's projecting her own inadequacies on Lindsey.
Old 11-09-2016, 03:55 PM

I think that John and Mick are ugly.
Charming but ugly.
They're what I like to call "handsome ugly".
Old 11-09-2016, 04:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Charming but ugly.
I think Mick has got more handsome as he's got older......he is almost(almost) fanciable these days.
Old 11-09-2016, 04:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
Today, I need a distraction.

Please someone argue with me about Stevie, Lindsey, Christine...

shippers? tell me they're still together..
Bluedenim? tell me Lindsey ruined this band with overdubs.!

I need something.. anyone?
I wish I could give you something/anything, but I'm still too numb about yesterday/this morning.
Old 11-09-2016, 04:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sue View Post
I think Mick has got more handsome as he's got older......he is almost(almost) fanciable these days.
But he looks like a mix of Santa Claus, Gandalf and Dumbledore?! And maybe also that other guy from The Lord of the Rings.
Maybe I could call him cute.
Old 11-09-2016, 04:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Charming but ugly.
A lot of people used to swoon over Lindsey, but I've never found him remotely attractive, either. Intellectually interesting? Yes.

When I was a kid I used to think Christine was transgender. She looked especially masculine to me in the Rumours album photos. She certainly has aged better than anyone in the band, though. She just radiates inward and outward beauty these days, so her comparatively plain younger looks have certainly allowed her to get the last laugh.

I still believe there might be truth to the ever so infamous Stevie rumors about her keeping her ruptured breast implants in a freezer; and her bumping Coke anally. The woman was so thoroughly strung out in both time periods (on top of being inherently kooky) that it's not a stretch to believe either.

I also believe the reports of Lindsey's domestic violence to be rooted in truth. However, I think he's wholly divorced from that angry, insecure young man now.
Old 11-09-2016, 04:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post
Ive often thought the same thing about Stevie's voice. Not only has she lost much of her range, but she's lost pretty much all of her vocal flexibility and beautiful, warm tone. Her voice used to be so buttery and strong; it sounds so thin & strained now. At least she has mostly migrated away from the flatness she exhibited so heavily during the first 10 or so years of this century. I blame her flat, shrieking, belting vocals on that awful coach who "saved" her voice. She still has her moments, but her voice is mostly gone now. I remember thinking how terrible she sounded during the Street Angel tour, but compare those shows to modern Stevie and it's shocking how good she was then compared to now.

The whole negativity that Stevie has harped on for a decade regarding SYW just baffles me to death. The Destiny Rules doc shows nothing but Lindsey catering to Stevie, and being extraordinarily supportive and patient with her. Yes, they had their one little tiff, but even Stevie admitted the next day that she was over it. So when I hear Stevie harp on how awful SYW was, I just groan. I suspect she's projecting her own inadequacies on Lindsey.

I think with SYW, it might not have necessarily been entirely Lindsey himself but more of like, the direction he was going in/his process. I don't think she liked how the songs turned out so she doesn't trust him to produce for her anymore, even though with the exception of two, I think her songs on it are actually great. And she probably gets tired of his obsessive perfectionism. Also I feel she, probably more her than him, has more sensitivity issues with things, like things that wouldn't necessarily bother other people bother her-- the annoying Bob Dylan thing being a good example. I don't think there was anything wrong with what he said but she kept bringing it up all the time, when it was in the IYD doc, I cringed.

Like after he left the band, she was ****-talking him 24/7 and said how he never really wanted to be close to her after they split up and all this other stuff. Lindsey even said in his USC thing a while back how for him to deal with their issues, the way was to keep interaction to a minimum. So to me it sounds like, instead of screaming at each other 24/7, it was like they would (mostly) argue over songs in the studio, then go on tour and then go home. If she was so unhappy then she should've been happy when he left but she was still constantly dragging him through the mud in all these interviews, like nothing could've pleased her.
And read an interview with her when she said how he saw her performance of Lady on Jimmy Fallon and told her he thought it was beautiful and she still sounded annoyed, like she wanted more. I don't want to sound like I'm judging a situation I don't know, but I feel Stevie just expects him to be like her bff, congratulate everything she does, cater to her, be all loving and happy dappy, do whatever she wants etc. And he obviously doesn't so then that's how they still have that battle. Not like he's a saint, no doubt he's had moments especially in the past where he could be mean and definitely was sarcastic to her, but now I think she just expects too much.

Or I could be totally wrong I don't know it's just my two cents.

Last edited by dreamsunwind; 11-09-2016 at 04:50 PM..
Old 11-09-2016, 04:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Charming but ugly.
I don't think John is ugly. In the Rumours backstage footage I thought he was pretty good looking. John has this 'too cool to care' atmosphere around him that I find very attractive.
I do think Mick is basically ugly, but he has charm.
Lindsey was so beautiful.... I can't watch any of those old videos or anything without getting so distracted by it.
Old 11-09-2016, 04:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

You could say the same for Lindsey since he's lost practically all his range but he still kills at guitar.

I agree completely. Friends of mine posted video from Nashville a couple of nights ago. While the band sounded great, SHE WAS JUST A DRONE, with the backup singers doing ALL the vocal work.

And yeah, poor Lindsey is in the same boat....
Old 11-09-2016, 04:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I don't think John is ugly. In the Rumours backstage footage I thought he was pretty good looking. John has this 'too cool to care' atmosphere around him that I find very attractive.
I do think Mick is basically ugly, but he has charm.
Lindsey was so beautiful.... I can't watch any of those old videos or anything without getting so distracted by it.
As a kid(I mean me), I thought John was ugly. But looking back now, I think he looked fine.

Someone once told me that Mick was kind of dirty, and smelled. There's nothing uglier than odor, at least to me.

Last edited by HomerMcvie; 11-09-2016 at 05:13 PM..