The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 09-11-2014, 08:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Figures my Rolling Stone subscription ran out last month.

I can understand The Chain being the opener but was kinda hoping for Think about me, Seven Wonders or Love in Store. Glad they will most likely do YMLF.

I see some petitions on twitter for the Mac to play certain songs on this tour.

Honestly, I'm just thrilled to be able to see all 5 of them on stage together again.
Old 09-11-2014, 09:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mottabam View Post
Glad they will most likely do YMLF.
I would say YMLF was an absolute lock....I mean, heck, it's a single from Rumours...using Fleetwood Mac logic, it HAS to be played!! Plus, I believe Lindsey has noted it being one of his favorite Chris tunes.

I'm a little bummed about Everywhere again. There are other songs on Tango (ahem, Little Lies...Isn't it Midnight), Mirage, and Tusk, of Christine's that I would like to hear instead of a rehashed version of Everywhere that we had on the last tour she did.
Old 09-11-2014, 09:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmn3 View Post
I would say YMLF was an absolute lock....I mean, heck, it's a single from Rumours...using Fleetwood Mac logic, it HAS to be played!! Plus, I believe Lindsey has noted it being one of his favorite Chris tunes.

I'm a little bummed about Everywhere again. There are other songs on Tango (ahem, Little Lies...Isn't it Midnight), Mirage, and Tusk, of Christine's that I would like to hear instead of a rehashed version of Everywhere that we had on the last tour she did.
Yeah I agree, not a huge fan of Everywhere. I'd love to hear Chris sing Think About Me, Love in Store, Hold Me, Isn't it Midnight, or even a BTM song which is most unlikely.

Yeah, I knew YMLF would be there, just glad for a little confirmation.

I wonder if that list is the set list or just a list of what they consider must be played songs. Either way l'm getting excited for this tour to start. Would love to have a livestream of opening night.

Last edited by mottabam; 09-11-2014 at 09:40 PM..
Old 09-11-2014, 09:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mottabam View Post
Yeah I agree, not a huge fan of Everywhere. I'd love to hear Chris sing Think About Me, Love in Store, Hold Me, Isn't it Midnight, or even a BTM song which is most unlikely.

Yeah, I knew YMLF would be there, just glad for a little confirmation.

I wonder if that list is the set list or just a list of what they consider must be played songs. Either way l'm getting excited for this tour to start. Would love to have a livestream of opening night.

I'm sure it will be on YouTube. I would also rather see Little Lies, but c'mon Everywhere is still going to be awesome. I would love Hold me, but I'm not holding my breath for it. Also, I know I'm not wrong isn't a "must play" song, so maybe that is the real set list.
Old 09-11-2014, 09:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wdm6789 View Post
I'm sure it will be on YouTube. I would also rather see Little Lies, but c'mon Everywhere is still going to be awesome. I would love Hold me, but I'm not holding my breath for it. Also, I know I'm not wrong isn't a "must play" song, so maybe that is the real set list.
IKINW is very good live, but your point is well taken. Perhaps that is the set list then, only other possibility is it is just a running rehearsal order, either way it is a pretty upbeat set. Really curious of the encores or songs missing from that list. I assume there will be an acoustic set with Landslide, Big Love etc.?
Old 09-11-2014, 10:09 PM
Senior Ledgie

I really can't imagine why on earth 'Gold Dust Woman' wouldn't be included in the set. Not only is it a Rumours hit (something which gives it a boost in the likelihood of being performed) but it's really a showstopper and packs a way stronger punch than 'Rhiannon' has in the last ten years. Considering how well it translated with the audience last tour (more so than Stevie's other numbers) it doesn't make sense that they'd exclude it this time around
Old 09-11-2014, 10:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenground View Post
I really can't imagine why on earth 'Gold Dust Woman' wouldn't be included in the set. Not only is it a Rumours hit
It WASN'T a "Rumours" hit. It was never released as a single.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 09-11-2014, 11:18 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
It WASN'T a "Rumours" hit. It was never released as a single.
Oh, oops. Well the rest still stands lol It may not have been a hit or released as a single but it's still a Rumours track. Seems like a bad move to leave it out.
Old 09-12-2014, 01:02 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgsfrk View Post
Don't know if anyone else has mentioned it on here but there's a pic of Christine and Lindsey in the Rolling Stone and it has the setlist of the tour in the right hand side. I can see
The chain
Make Lovin Fun
Dreams
Secondhand news
Rhiannon
Everywhere
I know I'm not wrong
Tusk
Sisters of the moon
Say you love me
(Maybe song bird-it's cut out of the shot)
Don't stop
Go your own way
World turning
Silver springs

The rest are cut off an Christine's holding one of the songs in her hand. Anyways, it made my day peace.
A couple things here rub me the wrong way if those are in proper order, namely...

- You Make Loving Fun near the beginning of the set? That's more of an ending/near ending type of crowd pleaser.
- Don't Stop being before Go Your Own Way. Certain songs should and can be moved around, but c'mon, Don't Stop is like one of the ultimate F Yeah Encore! tracks, especially now that Christine is back.
- I Know I'm Not Wrong - again. Uh Lindsey, I know you love Tusk and all but dude, you pulled out Not That Funny, there's still What Makes You Think and Save Me A Place you could pull out of your Tusk hat.
- Songbird belongs at the end of the set. No ifs, ands or butts.

However, there are a few things that please me like Sisters being back, seems like it got an amazing reception and I think Stevie really enjoyed doing the track again after all these years. She seems unsure the first few dates but the longer the tour went on, her confidence definitely grew with it. The Chain being at the beginning is also a must now that the full Mac chain is re-linked, perfect way to open the show.

Anyways, I'm interested in seeing the final, correct list since I won't be able to attend this year sadly. School comes first, money is tight and since they aren't coming anywhere near NC, I can't afford to fly or drive.
Old 09-12-2014, 01:27 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Leave it to Lindsey to keep doing the same songs from Tusk. Doesn't he have 10 songs on that album? It's always IKINW and Not That Funny. Stevie's shown more variety for pete's sake.

I'm going to be very annoyed if they didn't give Little Lies a go. What a bummer! That song was a huge hit, huge. And Isn't It Midnight is a great rocker. I'm kind of disappointed World Turning and Silver Springs haven't been cut. This is just going to be a The Dance/Rumours rehash like everything else. This band's legacy would be so much greater if they featured more of their oeuvre in their concerts to remind audiences and critics of their greatness.

Listen to the fans: We don't want The Chain first. We want songs that haven't been done before live with this group together, or not for a very long time. Sisters of the Moon is fine, hoping it's more to form with Christine back. Sara would be wonderful with Chris; would be the first time since 1980. What about the Mirage hits? And Tango? And Why? Why, we had an entire topic on that song. I really think checking out our setlist ideas could help them.

Last edited by bethelblues; 09-12-2014 at 01:32 AM..
Old 09-12-2014, 03:05 AM
Junior Ledgie

Default Rolling Stone pic

Here's the picture from the magazine. It's in the current issue #1280. Sorry about the quality. I had to downsize the photo to upload it
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Christine & Lindsey.jpg (93.7 KB, 125 views)
Old 09-12-2014, 03:12 AM
bgsfrk
This message has been deleted by bgsfrk.
Old 09-12-2014, 03:44 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgsfrk View Post
Here's the picture from the magazine. It's in the current issue #1280. Sorry about the quality. I had to downsize the photo to upload it
I've taken a few hours to think this through and I've come to this conclusion... By the looks of the pic and taking into consideration previous setlists, what the board could hold number wise and the songs listed in that order, think we may end up with something like this;

1. The Chain
2. You Make Loving Fun
3. Dreams
4. Second Hand News
5. Rhiannon
6. Everywhere
7. I Know I'm Not Wrong
8. Tusk
9. Sisters Of The Moon
10. Say You Love Me
11. Big Love
12. Landslide
13. Never Going Back Again
14. Brown Eyes
15. ???
16. ???
17. Gold Dust Woman
18. I'm So Afraid
19. Don't Stop
20. Go Your Own Way
21. World Turning
22. Silver Springs
23. Songbird

At first I thought the SO could be Songbird like previously mentioned but then I remembered that on previous setlists, the I'm in I'm So Afraid is usually dropped to just "So Afraid." I'm completely clueless as to what could possibly come in between the acoustic portion and Gold Dust though. It's gonna be weird having Don't Stop in the place of Stand Back and even weirder it not being at the end of the set.... Oh well, time will tell I guess. If we just end up getting Gypsy and say Over My Head as the completely uninspired choices for 15 and 16 I'll be so let down....

Last edited by KenshiMaster16; 09-12-2014 at 03:51 AM..
Old 09-12-2014, 03:46 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mylittledemon View Post
Now if only we can get Little Lies...
We need Little Lies as the opener! Just imagine. The arena is dark. That opening keyboard part sets the atmosphere... then the drums kick in.. light UP - she's baaaaaack!

Last edited by Dodfather; 09-12-2014 at 03:48 AM..
Old 09-12-2014, 03:52 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max_RedRover View Post
Some pre-75 Christine songs would be SO sweet ...

"WHY" being arguably the greatest ...

"Spare Me a Little" would be sublime as well and more of an "up" number.

"Did You Ever Love Me" as a Lindsey/Chris duet would be magical - I hear Brett Tuggle's an incredible steel-drum player ...

"Get Like You Used to Be" would be sweet and such a "full-circle" moment as it's what opened their FIRST EVER shows together as a five-piece.

What about Come A Little Bit Closer? I love that one!
Old 09-12-2014, 04:30 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bethelblues View Post
I'm worried that this will be Christine's only deep cut/non-standard song in the setlist.
I'm worried that this is the only "deep cut" in the whole set. The 2 "deep cuts" from unleased and the 2013 tour were both confirmed only and they were both the only "deep cuts" played in either setlist - "Storms" and "Sisters of the Moon". Infact, wasn't even the return of "Monday Morning" to the unleashed set confirmed pretty early on?