User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 08-03-2004, 01:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by darklinensuit
Like Johnny said, you damn her either way. If she works on the album it should be just Christine & Lindsey. If she leaves she's an ingrate.
And does Stevie want to be paid for that album? Well, for all the complaints about Stevie not being there, the rest of the band sure didn't mind using her name to help sell that album!

- Jake
Why would they, she had three crappy songs on there, after all. More power to them. But it wasn't the Power of the Nicks that made the album so popular, was it? If I recall correctly, it was the other two with the big hit singles and those singles that are now remembered so many years down the road, not mediocre stuff like Seven Wonders or bad stuff like WISYA. Surely her presence helped the album, but I doubt it helped as much as Le Stew would have anyone believe.

And, for the record, my comments were that if she had been there, she may have contributed much better material and that would have been fine. But she was barely there and the material was less than stellar, so I came to the conclusion that the album would've been better suited without her. Don't twist my words.

Old 08-03-2004, 01:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GardenStateGirlie
The Spanish guitar is the only good thing about that song which is why I like the extended version better than the album version. However, I think lyrically, the song blows. It is not his best, IMO.
It's maybe his worst, IMO.
I'm a fan of Lindsey's full singing voice & cannot understand why he insists on breathing his way through so many of his songs. I love his vocals on Buckingham Nicks, the White Album, and Rumours.

- Jake
Old 08-03-2004, 01:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dissention
Why would they, she had three crappy songs on there, after all. More power to them. But it wasn't the Power of the Nicks that made the album so popular, was it? If I recall correctly, it was the other two with the big hit singles and those singles that are now remembered so many years down the road, not mediocre stuff like Seven Wonders or bad stuff like WISYA. Surely her presence helped the album, but I doubt it helped as much as Le Stew would have anyone believe.

And, for the record, my comments were that if she had been there, she may have contributed much better material and that would have been fine. But she was barely there and the material was less than stellar, so I came to the conclusion that the album would've been better suited without her. Don't twist my words.
Your comments were that you hadn't exaggerated when you had.

Stevie definitely helped sell that album. She was the one who toured behind it. And as I recall, the concert reviews loved her.

- Jake
Old 08-03-2004, 01:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Stevie definitely helped sell that album. She was the one who toured behind it. And as I recall, the concert reviews loved her.

- Jake
No, the singles sold the album to the public, not her drug-induced stupor onstage. We must've read different reviews. But I will admit that the reviews were better for he ront hat tour than BTM.

Old 08-03-2004, 01:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
She wasn't contractually obligated to go to Australia and perform with Dylan and Petty.
She was in Australia for three days.
Count them with me...
One.
Two.
Three.

Wow, how dare she?

In bringing up the comments in Mick's book, you've failed to also mention that Stevie apologized when she was reminded that if she had been there more, she would have been on the album more.
And in a Creem magazine article, she reiterated that sentiment.

You're always rather quick with pointing out the negatives regarding Stevie, but aren't as forthcoming with the counterpoints.
Old 08-03-2004, 01:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Stew
I just gave you examples with precedent, wise-guy.
Times change, Le Stew.

Quote:
Anyway, it's all just educated conjecture, no?
Yup, or rather educated assumptions.

Quote:
You have little-to-no appreciation for a single thing Stevie did on 'Tango,' so you're not going to see it any other way. And I think her stuff on 'Tango' is pretty dang terrific, so I'm not going to see it any other way.
I appreciate that there were no more turkeys like WISYA. Seriously, I love some of her background vocals and parts of Seven Wonders, but no, she doesn't blow the sunshine up my behind on that album.

Quote:
Not to sound childish, but in the end I win anyway, because Stevie IS on the album, and I love her songs on it.
Ha.

Old 08-03-2004, 01:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
She was in Australia for three days.
Count them with me...
One.
Two.
Three.

Wow, how dare she?
And just think, in those three days she could have layed down a vocal for Book of Miracles. And with the plane rides back and forth, it's more like four and a half days, but who's counting?

Quote:
In bringing up the comments in Mick's book, you've failed to also mention that Stevie apologized when she was reminded that if she had been there more, she would have been on the album more.
And in a Creem magazine article, she reiterated that sentiment.
So, what's the argument? Even Stevie said she was barely involved. Next.

Quote:
You're always rather quick with pointing out the negatives regarding Stevie, but aren't as forthcoming with the counterpoints.
Because the counterpoints being presented don't hold up.

Old 08-03-2004, 01:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
And just think, in those three days she could have layed down a vocal for Book of Miracles. And with the plane rides back and forth, it's more like four and a half days, but who's counting?
Fast forward to 2002 and SYW. Because Lindsey acted like an ass, she lost a day mixing "Monica," but who's counting? There. They're even. Da da.
Old 08-03-2004, 01:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GardenStateGirlie
Fast forward to 2002 and SYW. Because Lindsey acted like an ass, she lost a day mixing "Monica," but who's counting? There. They're even. Da da.

FOUL. She lost a day of mixing because they wanted him to sign contracts for Alge to mix his songs, when in all actuality, he just wanted to try one or two songs with the guy.

Old 08-03-2004, 01:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
No, the singles sold the album to the public, not her drug-induced stupor onstage. We must've read different reviews. But I will admit that the reviews were better for he ront hat tour than BTM.
According to the same Mick book you just quoted, touring sells an album.

- Jake
Old 08-03-2004, 01:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
According to the same Mick book you just quoted, touring sells an album.

- Jake
Yeah, back in the seventies, my friend.

Old 08-03-2004, 02:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
And just think, in those three days she could have layed down a vocal for Book of Miracles.
She did lay down vocals for "Book Of Miracles"... the outtake is called "Juliet," and you hate how she sounds on it.

Quote:
So, what's the argument? Even Stevie said she was barely involved. Next.
The "argument" is that you completely failed to note Stevie's own comments and apology... choosing only to point out that she had a temper tantrum about it.

Quote:
Because the counterpoints being presented don't hold up.
I know yours don't, but it's ok, buddy, we love ya anyway.
Old 08-03-2004, 02:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
That's your take, not Mick's. He was not referring to the seventies. He was referring specifically to the eighties.

- Jake
Old 08-03-2004, 02:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
And yet, 'Tango' went to #1 in England for a second time, on the strength of their tour there. In 1987.
Old 08-03-2004, 02:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

FOUL. She lost a day of mixing because they wanted him to sign contracts for Alge to mix his songs, when in all actuality, he just wanted to try one or two songs with the guy.
"Tony? HE-LLO. I've got people over here pointing fingers..."

"UGH! LINDSEY! WE ARE NOT!" :slaps thighs:

Whatever. She lost the day. I win. Says me.