The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Chit Chat
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 01-01-2012, 12:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Jim, I am SO sorry for your loss and you and your family are in my thoughts and prayers <3

~Love, Caitlin~
Old 01-01-2012, 03:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

JTIS, that I'm not feeling my best today (entirely self inflicted of course.) Flew home from Barcelona early this morning, after a lovely few days. Had far too much to drink last night ringing in the new year. It was so much fun doing the countdown to midnight down La Ramblas with the locals, that I did it all again an hour later to celebrate midnight London time! Am such a wino - woke up this morning in my hotel room to a ridiculous number of empty wine bottles. As you can imagine, flying back home soon after was an absolute treat

On a side note - Barcelona is such a beautiful city. Wish I'd had more time to explore.
Old 01-01-2012, 04:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by poetinmyheart View Post
woke up this morning in my hotel room to a ridiculous number of empty wine bottles..
Christine McVie would be so proud. ahaha.

I spent new year painting a picture of Greta Garbo and watching Joan Crawford movies. Rock n roll.
Old 01-02-2012, 08:31 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by poetinmyheart View Post
JTIS, that I'm not feeling my best today (entirely self inflicted of course.) Flew home from Barcelona early this morning, after a lovely few days. Had far too much to drink last night ringing in the new year. It was so much fun doing the countdown to midnight down La Ramblas with the locals, that I did it all again an hour later to celebrate midnight London time! Am such a wino - woke up this morning in my hotel room to a ridiculous number of empty wine bottles. As you can imagine, flying back home soon after was an absolute treat

On a side note - Barcelona is such a beautiful city. Wish I'd had more time to explore.
Didn't I say it's a fab atmosphere along Las Ramblas? Knew you would have fun!

Yes, it's a great city!
Old 01-04-2012, 12:35 AM
Addicted Ledgie

JTIS...

That I am gonna try and turn over a new leaf and get healthy and fit...This is the biggest I have ever been and I dont like it...I dont LOOK big...but the numbers dont lie...

My friend let me borrow his "Turbo Fire" DVDs and stuff...So I did one of the DVDs tonight and boy did it kick my butt lol But I'm excited to finally loose some weight =) I actually made a Tumblr for my progess...

~Love, Caitlin~
Old 01-04-2012, 11:43 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enchanted_Stevi View Post
JTIS...

That I am gonna try and turn over a new leaf and get healthy and fit...This is the biggest I have ever been and I dont like it...I dont LOOK big...but the numbers dont lie...
I had a hospital appointment today regarding a medical complaint, and they had to weigh me. I've lost over 3 kilograms without even trying over the Christmas season. I have absolutely no idea how anybody can lose weight over Christmas.
Old 01-04-2012, 04:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Hmmm...To spend the evening doing work when up until Christmas break I've been working to the point of exhaustion throughout my final Uni year, or to take advantage of my Christmas break and spending the evening watching Boston Legal. Decisions. Decisions.
Old 01-04-2012, 04:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

We were given our exam titles in art today, it's a page of headings to choose from and at the moment I'm leaning towards 'Star' I just think there is so much I could do with that. And d'ya know what? If I did that I could carry on painting/drawing Stevie and Fleetwood Mac. My art tutor likes them as well and I don't see any reason to stop doing it if I'm enjoying it?
But there's something holding me back from choosing that and I don't know what it is?

~Love is my higher power. Family is my strength. Art is my passion - Kat Von D
Old 01-04-2012, 07:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Love.blows.goats.

I can't take this rollercoaster!!! Together for a couple of months, then split up for a month, then get back together for a couple of months, then split up for a month(NONE of these splits are my decision).

Sunday, we had the best date we've ever had....then Monday night I get a call, that we need to take a break(because a coworker wants to go on a date!!!)! WTFF?

Why do I tolerate this? Well, I'm completely in love...but I don't know that I can take much more of this on/off crapola. I'm not a f*cking light switch. Yet I've been a light switch, for 2.5 years now. I wish I knew how, or wanted, to stop(of course I want to stop the bad times, but the good times are the best thing ever). But I've felt sick to my stomach since Monday night.

Yeah, I know...I'm being a doormat, and need to stop.
F.M.L.J.T.I.S.
Old 01-04-2012, 07:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
Love.blows.goats.

I can't take this rollercoaster!!! Together for a couple of months, then split up for a month, then get back together for a couple of months, then split up for a month(NONE of these splits are my decision).

Sunday, we had the best date we've ever had....then Monday night I get a call, that we need to take a break(because a coworker wants to go on a date!!!)! WTFF?

Why do I tolerate this? Well, I'm completely in love...but I don't know that I can take much more of this on/off crapola. I'm not a f*cking light switch. Yet I've been a light switch, for 2.5 years now. I wish I knew how, or wanted, to stop(of course I want to stop the bad times, but the good times are the best thing ever). But I've felt sick to my stomach since Monday night.

Yeah, I know...I'm being a doormat, and need to stop.
F.M.L.J.T.I.S.
It's time to move on my friend. Your counterpart has shown their true colors quite a few times.

You remind me so much of a couple friends of mine back in the Carolinas. Both were right about your age, loved dating folks who were in their early/mid 20s, and both got their hearts smashed again and again. The reality is, at 40, you've pretty much settled into the person you're going to be the rest of your life. You know who you are, what you cherish & dislike, you know what your trajectory is, you've got your career & home settled, you know exactly what you're looking for in a dating partner, etc. Most people in their 20s are still trying to figure all that stuff out. Dating someone who's in such a different phase of their life might work for a while, but over the long haul the odds are just plain against you.
Old 01-04-2012, 07:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I agree with Louie above. See he knows all this and is a far cry from 40 yet.
Old 01-04-2012, 08:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post
It's time to move on my friend. Your counterpart has shown their true colors quite a few times.

You remind me so much of a couple friends of mine back in the Carolinas. Both were right about your age, loved dating folks who were in their early/mid 20s, and both got their hearts smashed again and again. The reality is, at 40, you've pretty much settled into the person you're going to be the rest of your life. You know who you are, what you cherish & dislike, you know what your trajectory is, you've got your career & home settled, you know exactly what you're looking for in a dating partner, etc. Most people in their 20s are still trying to figure all that stuff out. Dating someone who's in such a different phase of their life might work for a while, but over the long haul the odds are just plain against you.
Well, what keeps me going IS, that when it's good, it's so good. The intimacy is the best I've ever had in my life. Like I've never had with anyone else. Tender, gentle, holding, with absolute trust. And our sex life is great, too. But it's that gentle intimacy, that keeps me hanging on...
And a huge part of the problem is,...that I'm the only partner, EVER. I knew, and know, that dating a virgin was going to be a problem. And I've been told all along, "what if we do end up together forever, how can I have only been with one guy, my entire life?" So I DO understand that. The good parts are really good, but the bad parts are really bad(not mean, we've never had a cross word, ever).
At the very best, it looks like we're at least on hiatus, until the next time. I'm sick over it...the best I can hope for, is that this coworker guy turns out to be an ass!

We're supposed to talk on the phone, in a little bit. I feel pathetic. Honestly, though, I've turned down going out with other people, a couple of times in the last month. I'm really not interested in dating anyone else...

And Louie, I know you're exactly right, about the 24 and 40yo trajectories. Although I'm willing to sell my house and move, when the PhD is finished. But still, yeah, at 24, you don't really know what you want yet....

Last edited by HomerMcvie; 01-04-2012 at 08:14 PM..
Old 01-05-2012, 08:39 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

According to a newspaper I read this morning, Mick Fleetwood's disastrous appearance on the Brit Awards with Samantha Fox is the biggest reason for its lacklustre viewing figures and interest since. This amuses me greatly. I can't help but respect him for messing up so spectacularly. That show is dying a slow and lingering death.

Can you tell that I hate music award shows? They're about as rigged as a building site..
Old 01-05-2012, 03:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaidSomething View Post
This morning...
The day to celebrate a New Year full of hope, faith, and love...

And to close the door on heartaches and pain in 2011.

My nephew, Ian, a 13 year old child passed away. I am looking at photos of him and his brother right now. I had a hotel room in San Diego with a whirlpool in the bedroom...so, I filled it with bubble bath and the kids were playing hide and seek in (no exaggeration) a huge room full of bubbles...they were having so much fun...I think I was having more fun then them.

Ian was the sensitive little guy. Tough boy exterior...but, the most tender of heart...and easily hurt...but, he kept it in.
my brothers wife used the two boys as pawns in a sick scheme...and insulting my nephew repeatedly about his weight and intelligence...all while she was consuming massive doses of bootleg methadone.

She took away the kids, wiped my brothers bank account, shut down cell phones...etc. ian was close to my brother...and she didn't like it.

Before I left...Ian asked me not to go...and Uncle Jimmy...please stay...

Why are the most loving, sensitive, good and kind souls always tormented the most by people?

My nephew was found dead in his bed this morning. Grape vine stories are saying he was so sad...and he was taking his mothers methadone. She took the kids and shacked up with some guy that put her in a BMW.

If you pray...
Send one to my brother and all those that are so far beyond grief....

Let Ian's mission designed by God...be a catalyst for miracles...as his death be a ripple effect to go and make awareness enough to stop the reasons my little angel and others like him...leave us so soon.

I love you all...let's embrace love in 2012...and away will go pain, crime, hate, sadness...

Jim H Ford
i'm so sorry, sending prayers & love your way~
Old 01-05-2012, 05:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

JTIS that I'm currently drinking a cup of tea and procrastinating online, when I should be lesson planning. I'm finding my teacher training year very tough at the moment. Rather than spend the evening working, I've buried my head in the sand & awarded myself a few hours off.

I really enjoy teaching but it has taken over my life over the past few months. I'm told that it becomes easier as you become more experienced. Dear god let this be true!