User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 11-28-2016, 12:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SisterNightroad View Post
Oh yes, I always forget about that guy. I think he was separated too but his personal life is so very confusing, he's on his fifth marriage now; I only know that he and the wife in question separated when their daughter was very small.
However I think if the Waddy connection is true, he still would be one of her best picks in my opinion, he's the only one who hasn't gossiped or discredited her publicly in interviews only to gain more attention for himself, whenever he talks about her he's always only fair and praising.
Not to mention how his perception of their relationship seems to be so different from hers.

She and Waddy do seem to have a great friendship which is really great especially considering they knew each other back even in the BN days.

I do wonder what was the big deal that went down with Rupert Hine. That thing in the Timespace liner notes for Rooms on Fire where she was like "we could never be together and it had nothing to do with love".
Old 11-28-2016, 12:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamsunwind View Post
Not to mention how his perception of their relationship seems to be so different from hers.

She and Waddy do seem to have a great friendship which is really great especially considering they knew each other back even in the BN days.

I do wonder what was the big deal that went down with Rupert Hine. That thing in the Timespace liner notes for Rooms on Fire where she was like "we could never be together and it had nothing to do with love".
I remember reading that he and his wife were separated but then discovered she was pregnant and he ultimately decided to try returning with her.
Old 11-28-2016, 11:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I heard he or an associate of his brought cocaine into the studio.
Old 11-29-2016, 08:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan View Post
I heard he or an associate of his brought cocaine into the studio.
Yes, there was that rumour too!
Now that I think about it I've seen three versions of what happened:
1) As I've posted, he decided to mend his relationship with his wife after discovering she was pregnant
2) As you've posted, he or someone from his staff has brought drugs in the studio and Stevie decided to end it because she didn't want to fall back into it
3) Stevie got pregnant and decided to have an abortion, this put a strain on the relationship and thus made it end.
Old 11-29-2016, 02:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

This is one of the many places where we've tried to dissect the Rupert Hines mystery: http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?p=878100
Old 11-29-2016, 08:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I'm sure we've discussed this somewhere else along the way, but I always assumed the song Love Is was about him
"you know that I cannot stay
Yes, I know
It has nothing to do with you or with love...
Oh yes it does"
Old 11-29-2016, 09:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
I'm sure we've discussed this somewhere else along the way, but I always assumed the song Love Is was about him
"you know that I cannot stay
Yes, I know
It has nothing to do with you or with love...
Oh yes it does"
I assumed Love Is is about Dallas Taylor because I've seen a lot of people say that that song and For What It's Worth are about the same thing.

And by the way, the fact that they had that relationship is really inappropriate in so many ways since he was supposed to be her counselor. That's something you could get fired for and potentially have your license revoked.
Old 11-30-2016, 12:11 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I assumed Love Is is about Dallas Taylor because I've seen a lot of people say that that song and For What It's Worth are about the same thing.

And by the way, the fact that they had that relationship is really inappropriate in so many ways since he was supposed to be her counselor. That's something you could get fired for and potentially have your license revoked.
could be. never know. but something about the use of the same language "it had nothing to do with love" in the song and in her description of why they split..... makes me wonder.
Old 12-08-2016, 12:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I finally got around to listening to most of the boxed set yesterday, since I had a long drive to make. Is it just me, or the live disc IS EXACTLY the Mirage video's audio? Same songs, same order, same speeches, same studio sweetening. I was really hoping for something I hadn't been listening to since 1982!
Old 12-08-2016, 12:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
I finally got around to listening to most of the boxed set yesterday, since I had a long drive to make. Is it just me, or the live disc IS EXACTLY the Mirage video's audio? Same songs, same order, same speeches, same studio sweetening. I was really hoping for something I hadn't been listening to since 1982!
This is one of the great mysteries of the Mac. Where is any other live Mirage footage?
Maybe there is a reason these are the songs that made it to the HBO special.
Old 12-08-2016, 10:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
This is one of the great mysteries of the Mac. Where is any other live Mirage footage?
Maybe there is a reason these are the songs that made it to the HBO special.

I wonder how they chose the songs to include and the ones to cut. I wonder why Hold Me wasn't on there, that was a big hit in 1982.
Old 12-08-2016, 10:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wdm6789 View Post
I wonder how they chose the songs to include and the ones to cut. I wonder why Hold Me wasn't on there, that was a big hit in 1982.
I'm SAYING, (if you've never seen the Mirage concert video), that THAT'S what they sold us. The audio from a 34yo video cassette!!!!
Old 12-10-2016, 08:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

So I pulled out my Mirage reissue cd tonight to focus in on some of my farorite tracks to blast.( thanks to the wife for always letting me get this out of system from time to time) I love these tracks............in this order(at the moment)

Eyes Of The World
Wish You Were Here
Book Of Love
That's Alright
Empire States
If You Were My Love
Goodbye Angel
Smile At You
Cool Water
Old 12-10-2016, 10:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
I'm SAYING, (if you've never seen the Mirage concert video), that THAT'S what they sold us. The audio from a 34yo video cassette!!!!

I'm well aware of that. I have seen the Mirage tour video. That is what I was referencing earlier when I asked how they decided on what songs to include and what songs to cut for the HBO Mirage video thing. Why those 13 songs?
Old 12-11-2016, 04:20 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wdm6789 View Post
I'm well aware of that. I have seen the Mirage tour video. That is what I was referencing earlier when I asked how they decided on what songs to include and what songs to cut for the HBO Mirage video thing. Why those 13 songs?
Because laziness prevails, and those songs had already been "sweetened" for the video, so they had to do nothing to put it out.