Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Lindsey Buckingham
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 06-08-2012, 02:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Smile Interesting

This is interesting that people wrote their requests on napkins & stuck them up on the stage, & he actually played one. (Stevie would never do that. ) I don't know if I'd have the guts to do that. I am going to Monday's show. I'd personally like to hear Soul Drifter or This is The Time or Bel Air Rain, you know, some older stuff. Maybe I can get my husband to put a request up on stage.

Lee
Old 06-08-2012, 03:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Regina View Post
I mean, I don't actually think this is a tour for casual fans at all. I think it's for us hard-core folk.
well, if you look at the reviews (which i have been putting in the 2012 tour review thread), they would tell you exactly the opposite. almost every one of these reviewers is blown away, and almost every one of them is saying they do not know the majority of the songs he's doing. same with the people a catch on twitter talking about the shows. if i ask them about the specific song he may have done that night they have no clue.

so if you check The Ledge opinions vs the regular reviews out there, you will see a huge disconnect between what people here are saying vs your general musical reviewer or people who go to these shows and are willing to discuss them via social media.
Old 06-08-2012, 05:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Regina View Post
The thing is...the dude now has a really large body of work to draw upon. So, if you are doing this somewhat "experimental," gutsy move of doing songs without a band...Do it! Pick the songs that you can do with just your guitar up there. I mean, I don't actually think this is a tour for casual fans at all. I think it's for us hard-core folk. And, we have heard ISA, Big Love, Come, etc... a gazillion times. So, if you can't do it without that crappy machine...pick something else.
The sound, to me, at BB Kings the other night--that venue...that size room...was not great. For such a perfectionist...it's surprising that he is going this route. Especially when he doesn't have to.
He has to see and hear the reaction to Rock Away Blind...we are VERY, VERY open to new stuff.

And whatever is keeping bin from moving across the stage during songs like GYOW and ISA would also be a factor in my voting to drop them. Well, I actually enjoyed the variation in tempo and fresh vocal delivery for ISA a lot and realize it is a show stopper, but I know it could have been even more sensational, if he had moved to the side edge of the stage. GYOW simply isn't being done justice this time out without the band. It makes me relieved that he left out Tusk out.

Michele
Old 06-08-2012, 09:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
And whatever is keeping him from moving across the stage during songs like GYOW and ISA
he seems to be moving around here:

Old 06-11-2012, 09:38 AM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by McTrouble View Post
I absolutely loved the pre-recorded countdowns - started to look forward to them!
They called to mind that 'a-two, a-three, a-fower' opening on the original Trouble- always makes me go huh?, given how differently he does it today - but that was the 80's for ya-
Old 06-11-2012, 09:50 AM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
welcome and please don't be sorry - way to come in with the bang!!

btw, are you the person whoever recorded the vid of RAB was referring to? either way - good work with those napkins!!
Well, I was one of several ppl calling for RAB, not exactly sure. However, in the vid you can see him talking to someone after the song, and that was me, so that was cool-
Old 06-11-2012, 09:58 AM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Ha, you make me think of Harvey, the giant, invisible rabbit.

Welcome, Juniper. Even though, Flying Down Juniper is a love boat song..

Michele
Agh! You have finished that song for me!! I have to say, there was an unnamed street in the town where I grew up with a big (we thought it was big) hill, and we would gather there and fly our bikes down it all the time, and that song just conjured up that great memory for me, and that street had become Juniper to me....Now all I will think about when I hear it is Captain Stubing and Julie McCoy, your cruise director....oh and Gopher, Isaac....yikes!
Old 06-11-2012, 01:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by juniper View Post
Agh! You have finished that song for me!! I have to say, there was an unnamed street in the town where I grew up with a big (we thought it was big) hill, and we would gather there and fly our bikes down it all the time, and that song just conjured up that great memory for me, and that street had become Juniper to me...
When Lindsey gave that song interpretation I absolutely loved it. For me the street was Hubbell. I'd just go around the block on my bike and I'd be riding on the sidewalk too. Down my block, through the alley and onto Hubbell, which was the street in back of my house. Me, my brother and the neighbor kids. No responsibilities from sun up until your mother said it was time to come in. It's everything childhood was about.

Michele
Old 06-11-2012, 01:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by juniper View Post
Agh! You have finished that song for me!! I have to say, there was an unnamed street in the town where I grew up with a big (we thought it was big) hill, and we would gather there and fly our bikes down it all the time, and that song just conjured up that great memory for me, and that street had become Juniper to me...
When Lindsey gave that song interpretation I absolutely loved it. For me the street was Hubbell. I'd just go around the block on my bike and I'd be riding on the sidewalk too. Down my block, through the alley and onto Hubbell, which was the street in back of my house. Me, my brother and the neighbor kids. No responsibilities from sun up until your mother said it was time to come in. It's everything childhood was about.

I think Lindsey said that Kristen called Juniper the love boat song. People didn't necessarily think it should be on the album, but he included it anyway.

Michele