The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Lindsey Buckingham
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 07-18-2003, 08:15 AM

I know looking at a video is nice. But I guess I'm a rarity among fans now: the music first. Yeah, I got the GOS tracks, but I'd love to have clean versions of them.

Videos? Heh, I watch them three, four times, then forget about them. Can't even remember the last time I watched the Dance. Who has the time?
Old 07-18-2003, 10:31 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Count me to that species too! Also there should be some new tracks we did not get hold of via the net!
But we can discuss it as long as we want to. The album won`t be released- I am pretty sure about that.
Old 07-18-2003, 04:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Wink "Gift of WHAAATTTT????

LOL... Hi Back... Down on Rodeo...(great song that!)
Like the man says in Say Goodbye...Once YOU... said
Goodbye to ME REPRISE! Now I... say Goodbye to You!

Lindsey needs new managment and a new record company
who appreciate his off-beat lyrical and musical talents!!!
LIKE WE DOOOOOO! YES>>>LINDSEY>>> DO IT!!!

PS... Lindsey's flu$h enough to start His own Record co.!
Old 07-18-2003, 07:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

How about the "Making Of Say You Will" and "The Remaining Songs" album as a double (DVD/CD) package....?

Ok...I'll wake up now....

Old 07-28-2003, 08:33 AM
Ledgie

Default GOS

i think I saw a post about this earlier, but why doesn't he just release it himself. If he wants the music out there and isn't worried about making buckets of money, he could have the cd's made and then hire someone to distribute. it doesn't have to be large scale, just start out with the internet; he has a website, sell it there and on the fm site. word would travel fast and those who would have bought it will find out where to get it and next thing you know we have the cd we want and he's given it to us. granted this proposition would barely cover the costs of production of the cds and distribution, that is unless he were to charge a ton of money for them, but it would make the fans happy. Just my 2 cents, and since i have almost no knowledge of the music industry everything ould be completely unfounded, but hey you live you learn.

Kate
Old 07-28-2003, 09:08 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I agree with Kate. I don't know WHY he doesn't start his own label or just sell things off his site. If he's so anti-establishment and corporations, then he shouldn't care what Warner or Reprise or whoever it was that didn't want to put out GOS has to say! He has the money to manufacture the albums, he's got the equipment for recording...he should just go for it. His true fans would buy it.

"If you f*ck with my people, I'm gonna get real f*cking angry!" (Stevie-1988)

If I'd have written a song on "Rumours"? How about "You want a what?", or "We should have had a Pre-Nup". (John McVie)
Old 07-28-2003, 02:37 PM

Default Re: GOS

Quote:
Originally posted by kdemelli
i think I saw a post about this earlier, but why doesn't he just release it himself. If he wants the music out there and isn't worried about making buckets of money, he could have the cd's made and then hire someone to distribute
Kate
Now there's a point I have made repeatedly. The costs of distributing music that way would be very minimal indeed. He could either make high-quality sound files available online or make it possible to order a CD online, or both. Each CD would cost less than a buck to press. He certainly wouldn't lose money.
Old 07-28-2003, 04:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

If Rick Vito can do it, I'm SURE Lindsey could, too!
Old 07-28-2003, 04:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

I'm surprised that Lindsey is doing this. Usually it would be Mick. Thank God it's not.
Old 07-28-2003, 08:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I might be way off the mark here but I reckon the money Lindsey makes from ONE night (or TWO at the most) of this tour is enough to personally finance the release of his album (via a limited number of mediums.)

Old 07-29-2003, 05:37 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally posted by chiliD
If Rick Vito can do it, I'm SURE Lindsey could, too!
Yeah, even then, Rick has a deal with Hypertension. I was thinking even Bekka has sold her own album at her site and shows and this is a true case of it being done on her own.

Face it Lindsey, it's inexpensive. NO excuse Mr. Buckingham, NO excuse!

John
Old 07-29-2003, 08:38 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

I think he's just too proud (not in a derogatory way). It's like: "It's worth getting out through the big, regular conduits, or it's not worth it."
Old 07-29-2003, 08:52 AM
Ledgie

I can understand completely why he would be too proud to do it, but with the big conduit type companies it doesn't seem to be a matter of quality, but of 'how much money can we make?' I don't think an LB solo album would make enough money to warrant the big wigs seriously considering releasing it (I don't mean that in any disrespectful way). and if you look at some of the cr@p that's on the market that comes out of mainstream companies, maybe it would a show of integrity to recognize the motives of these record companies and to release it himself. the problem with pride is that it can become misshapen when it comes into contact with the scope of success that LB is used to. I personally think that it would be a greater show of pride and respect of his work to release it independently; he should just say if you don't want me then i don't need you.

Kate
Old 07-30-2003, 06:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

What if it's neither of the possibilities we've discussed and lindsey is going to rerelease Buckingham Nicks for it's thirtieth anniversary?
Old 07-31-2003, 03:59 AM
Senior Ledgie

haha Joe (down on rodeo) how dare you steal my sig's spotlight... your new sig is cool!... I love that song too... Lindsey and his creative songs... can't get enough of them...

I really hope that the making of say you will comes out... ever since the VH1 show I have been wanting to see it... Buckingham Nicks would be a welcomed surprise too... I highly doubt Lindsey would release "GOS"... if he did realease it on the net... please God don't let him sell it on FleetwoodMac.com... *says a prayer*... we would probably have to join the fan club to get it...