Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Chit Chat
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 08-23-2011, 10:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

^Okay Viv, I've gotta know. What in the world do a Subaru, Michael Jackson, and a dog corral have to do with one another??
Old 08-23-2011, 10:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

God, I love Gawker.

"Listen, we know the average Californian was born amid a thundering 7.5 magnitude quake and popped out directly into a mudslide. We've all read tales of how the bright pioneers of San Francisco bathe their young in tsunamis and kill mountain lions for sport (and yet would shrivel and die if the temperature fell below 65.)

But can we wimpy East Coasters just have our moment of absolutely ****ting ourselves in fear as our non-earthquake-proofed buildings wobble and creak around us? Can we crawl around on our carpets to survey the paltry damage—look, a book fell off a shelf! That could have given someone a serious goose-egg!—without some Californian standing smugly in the doorframe like they learned in grade school, chewing on a PowerBar from the earthquake preparedness kit they carry around in a Lakers fanny pack at all times?

We deserve our fear, California. Because of 9/11! This earthquake could have been another 9/11, for all we knew. Yeah, didn't think you had anything to say to that."
Old 08-23-2011, 10:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

JTIS...

That I am going to the Boston Aquarium tomorrow....=D

~Love, Caitlin~
Old 08-23-2011, 11:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post
^Okay Viv, I've gotta know. What in the world do a Subaru, Michael Jackson, and a dog corral have to do with one another??
Though I've had this pic for a few years I was just wondering today the meaning of the car in this pic?
This pic signifies the time Mikey held his baby over the hotel balcony railing so the fans down below could get a good look at the newborn.
It's not a dog corral. They're wolves.
Old 08-23-2011, 11:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mezzoforte View Post
God, I love Gawker.

"Listen, we know the average Californian was born amid a thundering 7.5 magnitude quake and popped out directly into a mudslide. We've all read tales of how the bright pioneers of San Francisco bathe their young in tsunamis and kill mountain lions for sport (and yet would shrivel and die if the temperature fell below 65.)

But can we wimpy East Coasters just have our moment of absolutely ****ting ourselves in fear as our non-earthquake-proofed buildings wobble and creak around us? Can we crawl around on our carpets to survey the paltry damage—look, a book fell off a shelf! That could have given someone a serious goose-egg!—without some Californian standing smugly in the doorframe like they learned in grade school, chewing on a PowerBar from the earthquake preparedness kit they carry around in a Lakers fanny pack at all times?

We deserve our fear, California. Because of 9/11! This earthquake could have been another 9/11, for all we knew. Yeah, didn't think you had anything to say to that."
This. Is. Awesome.
Old 08-23-2011, 11:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
God, I love Gawker.

I can't tell if this was written with a sarcastic tone, but I kind of agree with most of it! When I left my office building right afterward, I realized I had NO idea where to go. There is a LOT of **** that could potentially fall in New York City. There would be flash floods of debris. I didn't think what we experienced was anything to be scared of but it did get me thinking that the East Coast would probably be up **** creek if a more major earthquake ever hit here. Our buildings are old, very tall and were not designed with withstanding earthquakes in mind. We are a pretty adaptable people over here on the East coast, I think as soon as we figured out WHAT the hell was happening, we all realized it wasn't too much to get worked up over (and kind of fun).

Plus yeah, that whole other thing. I think more New Yorkers than would probably admit go there before they think anything else.
Old 08-24-2011, 12:30 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I am officially going to England.

HELL
F*CKING
YES
Old 08-24-2011, 12:34 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by daniellaaarisen View Post

HELL
F*CKING
YES
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You're so like me
Old 08-24-2011, 12:36 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

HELL
F*CKING
YES
SOOOO happy for you! What an incredible experience you'll have!
Old 08-24-2011, 04:20 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:

HELL
F*CKING
YES
Whereabouts will you be staying? I take it this is for education still?

11:32 - I need to knuckle down and write some more of my essay. I set myself a target of 5000 words and have thus far completed zero, having previously written 3369 for it. I have absolutely no concentration at all at the moment. Gah! Help me. Somebody write it for me lol.

Last edited by Silver Springs; 08-24-2011 at 05:34 AM..
Old 08-24-2011, 05:51 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
What ever happened to Heartboy?
Who........?
Old 08-24-2011, 05:54 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
God, I love Gawker.

Damn right! And I work in midtown! Yall betta recognize!
Old 08-24-2011, 05:56 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

HELL
F*CKING
YES
I'll drink to this! Congrats booka!!!!!!!
Old 08-24-2011, 07:53 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

HELL
F*CKING
YES
YESH!!!

I'm so happy for you! This is going to be an incredible experience.
Old 08-24-2011, 08:18 AM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:

HELL
F*CKING
YES
Congratulations and let me give you an early welcome to my neck of the woods. I am sure you will have a great experience in the North East of England. Have you checked out the local accent(s) yet?

Last edited by gfd1963; 08-24-2011 at 08:25 AM..