Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 11-23-2013, 03:57 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I just felt that I had to reiterate my excitement about this news
Old 11-23-2013, 04:16 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamnotafraid View Post
The new album sales wouldn't offset the loss percentage wise to Lindsey and Stevie from
touring. Unless of course Christine got them
to tour more dates with her than they would
without her.
What about DVD sales? They are sure to release a DVD commemorating Christine's return. If they can sell the broadcast to some cable channel, maybe they can make money off of that first. And then put out a dvd of the show. Then, tour, like they did with The Dance.

The whole "first time in 16 years angle" gives them a new way to promote it and maybe will give big boys like Live Nation more interest in throwing new money at them.

Michele
Old 11-23-2013, 05:16 AM
Senior Ledgie

In my heart, I always felt she would return; so profoundly happy!!!
Old 11-23-2013, 06:20 AM

Well here it is folks.. Think of it this way.. If the promoters are pissed that Christine isn't doing Amsterdam and Berlin.. then that's because........

Having Christine in the mix.. makes a very different ticket price.. and a very different marketing product. And the truth of the matter is, the Rumours line up is not only a cash cow, but it has that magic creatively.

Face it.. FMac with just Buckingham/Nicks is tired..

I would rather just get solo from LB and SN.

(I know a lot of people like B/N and buy it over and over again.) But from an artistic view, it's tired in my opinion and doesn't sound good at all. If you don't believe me.. listen to, "Don't Stop" London without Christine... then listen to it 9/25/13 with her. It's unreal how having the 5 fireflies together, (even for a moment) brings the magic out...
Her keys were so bluesy and she even had a terse little solo in there. The the band came to life again for me. Plus, I haven't seen Stevie that happy in a long time with the band. Mick too actually..

Bottom line... It can only help them musically and financially to have all 5 of them up there again recording and performing. I'm with Elle on this one. No more B/N!! it's awful. give me solo instead, unless you come back as 5.

Last edited by jbrownsjr; 11-23-2013 at 11:25 AM..
Old 11-23-2013, 10:48 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamnotafraid View Post
Just wondering if Christine would make
any difference financially?

If the split is now...

30% - Lindsey
30% - Stevie
20% - Mick
20% - John

And then...

25% - Lindsey
25% - Stevie
25% - Christine
12.5% - Mick
12.5% - John

Someone run the numbers.
Where's my pie graph charts Mr. Dyess?

The new album sales wouldn't offset the loss
percentage wise to Lindsey and Stevie from
touring. Unless of course Christine got them
to tour more dates with her than they would
without her.
I thought the current split was

40% - Stevie
30% - Lindsey
15% - Mick
15% - John

If so, then the new split of

25% - Stevie
25% - Lindsey
25% - Christine
12.5% - Mick
12.5% - John

doesn't make a big dent in the paychecks of anyone other than Stevie. However, I'm on the fence about how much more they can actually make with Christine in the mix. Ticket prices are already very high, so is attendance, and there are a lot of casual fans who just know that Fleetwood Mac is a legendary band with a lot of great songs; they aren't necessarily tuned in to specific personnel line-ups.
Old 11-23-2013, 12:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeInNV View Post

40% - Stevie
30% - Lindsey
15% - Mick
15% - John

25% - Stevie
25% - Lindsey
25% - Christine
12.5% - Mick
12.5% - John

doesn't make a big dent in the paychecks of anyone other than Stevie. However, I'm on the fence about how much more they can actually make with Christine in the mix. Ticket prices are already very high, so is attendance, and there are a lot of casual fans who just know that Fleetwood Mac is a legendary band with a lot of great songs; they aren't necessarily tuned in to specific personnel line-ups.
Why does Stevie have to take a 37.5% pay cut while Lindsey only takes a 17% cut and using those figures she suffers the most...
Old 11-23-2013, 12:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDenimLamp View Post
Why does Stevie have to take a 37.5% pay cut while Lindsey only takes a 17% cut and using those figures she suffers the most...
I'm willing to bet that Stevie would happily take a 37.5% pay cut, if it meant having her friend back in the band.
Old 11-23-2013, 12:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

But would her agent, and personal management team?
Old 11-23-2013, 01:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Finish an album and a tour all in 2014?

No. 2014 and 2015, thank you.

Michele
yeah... first half of 2014, in fact.

i got it all planned for them:
  • feb-mar: AUS/NZ make-up dates
  • jun: glasto
  • june-july: 10-12 eu dates (italy, spain, poland, etc)
  • get the album out some time while on tour (may would work for me )
  • sept-nov: OMS2

i can dream.........

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 11-23-2013, 01:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

The best thing in this article is the news that John's prognosis is good, and it looks like he will beat the cancer.
Old 11-23-2013, 01:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeInNV View Post

40% - Stevie
30% - Lindsey
15% - Mick
15% - John

25% - Stevie
25% - Lindsey
25% - Christine
12.5% - Mick
12.5% - John
never gonna happen. woman's gotta whole slew of hangers-on to feed and trudge around the world. plus she's the diva in that band. i don't see her ever accepting to be equal to others anymore, regardless of the amount of weight she's pulling. and frankly, others know it so i don't see them even trying to suggest that kind of split. plus she can always go open for Rod Stewart again, and make the same kind of money for less effort albeit much less worship from the audience.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 11-23-2013, 01:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
yeah... first half of 2014, in fact.

i got it all planned for them:
  • feb-mar: AUS/NZ make-up dates
  • jun: glasto
  • june-july: 10-12 eu dates (italy, spain, poland, etc)
  • get the album out some time while on tour (may would work for me )
  • sept-nov: OMS2

i can dream.........
Ok. Let me look at my agenda. And this is not what I want, it's just what I think. Although, I don't want you to have OMS2 until 2016, that much is true.

Make up dates for the rest of this tour this year. But those take place from June through the end of the year. They don't start early 2014 year. The tour this year doesn't include Christine, although I think that Mick might want her to play Glastonbury. So, maybe. Then, they work on the album this year as well. Then they tour as five in 2015.

Michele
Old 11-23-2013, 01:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
never gonna happen. woman's gotta whole slew of hangers-on to feed and trudge around the world. plus she's the diva in that band. i don't see her ever accepting to be equal to others anymore, regardless of the amount of weight she's pulling. and frankly, others know it so i don't see them even trying to suggest that kind of split. plus she can always go open for Rod Stewart again, and make the same kind of money for less effort albeit much less worship from the audience.
...cuz we all know who loves audience worship the most.

Jamie
Old 11-23-2013, 01:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by WatchChain View Post
NEW ALBUM FROM THE BAND IN late 2014----The first new STUDIO album from the Rumours lineup in 27 years.

2015 40th Anniversary Tour (Rumours lineup). This could also be billed as a FAREWELL TOUR, if they want to make a ton of cashola.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
Why do that when 2017 would be Fleetwood Mac's 50th? Actually, why do a farewell tour at all? Any tour they do will make a ton of cash.
By the time the lawyers get done arguing over who gets paid what it probably will be FM's 50th.
Old 11-23-2013, 02:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicepace View Post
The best thing in this article is the news that John's prognosis is good, and it looks like he will beat the cancer.
All I would say about John is that they have a party line and Christine knows the talking points and gave those talking points. The only new information we have about John is that he is undergoing treatment in Los Angeles, which I thought and hoped and am glad to have confirmed.

Based on their last concert appearances, I think they looked pretty happy, for the most part, so I believe them all that they expect him to be up and about soon -- even for Vegas.

But it's also clear that they have agreed upon what they are going to say to the press. Which is fine.

We heard them in that car that time, with Christine asking Mick what to say about Lindsey's epilepsy and Mick told her she couldn't say it was epilepsy and I think this is similar. They have discussed how to address the question and Christine said what John Mayall said.

Michele