User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 02-14-2020, 02:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
Hahahahhahahaaa it's the LB fanatics who destroy the peace around here and will continue to bash Stevie at every turn.

Okay Ms/Mr Mod, whatever you say ahhahahahahhahhahahahaa. Without Stevie this site would be dead. Without Stevie, FM would be where they were in 1995. Her unique nasal voice is the golden egg of FM.
I don't agree with most of the premises of Viv's post but the last line, [getting ready to duck the rotten tomatoes coming my way] is probably valid regarding the vast majority of the public. Say what you will, Homer, but I am first and foremost a fan of the *band* and the chemistry that comes from the Rumours5, and always have been. For that reason I feel Stevie's songs aren't the same without Lindsey's input, and Lindsey's songs aren't the same without Stevie singing on them. That said, with Lindsey out of the band now, Viv is right, Stevie is the golden egg that draws the majority fans to live shows (degraded voice and all), despite the significant numbers of Chris fans.

Last edited by bombaysaffires; 02-14-2020 at 02:13 PM..
Old 02-14-2020, 03:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Hahahahhahahaaa it's the LB fanatics who destroy the peace around here and will continue to bash Stevie at every turn.

Okay Ms/Mr Mod, whatever you say ahhahahahahhahhahahahaa. Without Stevie this site would be dead. Without Stevie, FM would be where they were in 1995. Her unique nasal voice is the golden egg of FM.
there you go - exhibit A. you just proved my point.

and, the posts most chiffs cannot deal with and keep complaining about are actually by Chris fans and not LB fanatics, so wrong on that account too.

the site is not dead (as much as sites like this can survive in the era of social media), even though most people left here are not pure chiffs and are unhappy with Stevie. and no, chiff stans who come here to moan and complain and scold all the time , longing for the "good ole days" of Stevie worship and Lindsey bashing, are not keeping the site alive, they are just making it negative.

and for 1000th time, nobody argues about the chiff queen being the band's golden egg. especially now when she managed to get rid of LB.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 02-14-2020, 04:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
I don't agree with most of the premises of Viv's post but the last line, [getting ready to duck the rotten tomatoes coming my way] is probably valid regarding the vast majority of the public. Say what you will, Homer, but I am first and foremost a fan of the *band* and the chemistry that comes from the Rumours5, and always have been. For that reason I feel Stevie's songs aren't the same without Lindsey's input, and Lindsey's songs aren't the same without Stevie singing on them. That said, with Lindsey out of the band now, Viv is right, Stevie is the golden egg that draws the majority fans to live shows (degraded voice and all), despite the significant numbers of Chris fans.
I agree with your sentiment. Dreams (studio) is still a song I stop and listen to the 3 voices AND I'm in awe of some of the things ALL 3 writers have done.

My point is that I won't bow just because she is the most popular. What $he pulled after Musicares makes her a piece of garbage, in my opinion. I don't even blame Mick as must as most people. His job is to keep Fleetwood Mac together. It's his job. He did his job with a gun to his head. Miss Pretension Superstar ego megalomaniac Nicks is the one that held the gun. Way to use your power, $tevie. Way to be a great human being.

Last edited by jbrownsjr; 02-14-2020 at 04:20 PM..
Old 02-14-2020, 05:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
I agree with your sentiment. Dreams (studio) is still a song I stop and listen to the 3 voices AND I'm in awe of some of the things ALL 3 writers have done.

My point is that I won't bow just because she is the most popular. What $he pulled after Musicares makes her a piece of garbage, in my opinion. I don't even blame Mick as must as most people. His job is to keep Fleetwood Mac together. It's his job. He did his job with a gun to his head. Miss Pretension Superstar ego megalomaniac Nicks is the one that held the gun. Way to use your power, $tevie. Way to be a great human being.
oh i do blame Mick. if his job is to keep the band together he miserably failed and helped the band's fracture.

Stevie and Lindsey have been fighting since before they joined Fleetwood Mac. if Mick was doing his job he would have found the way to mediate, instead of bowing down to drama queen's demands and immediately running to promoters. they did NOT have the tour booked. there was no gun to his head. he could have taken some time and wait till chiff queen blows out her steam and comes back to negotiate. or starts "loving" Lindsey again (whatever that means because that woman doesn't seem to know what love really is).

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 02-14-2020, 05:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
oh i do blame Mick. if his job is to keep the band together he miserably failed and helped the band's fracture.

Stevie and Lindsey have been fighting since before they joined Fleetwood Mac. if Mick was doing his job he would have found the way to mediate, instead of bowing down to drama queen's demands and immediately running to promoters. they did NOT have the tour booked. there was no gun to his head. he could have taken some time and wait till chiff queen blows out her steam and comes back to negotiate. or starts "loving" Lindsey again (whatever that means because that woman doesn't seem to know what love really is).
I do agree he could have taken his time and let things die down. But, I suspect the Goat's Mgmt went to the promoters and blew things up that even Mick couldn't do damage control. Which forced him to start lying for Goat and tow the company line.

Last edited by jbrownsjr; 02-14-2020 at 07:23 PM..
Old 02-14-2020, 06:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
This is really interesting. It's a very possible theory. So, starting with the premise that Mick loves money. Stevie is $tevie (so I understand she loves money too). But Mick supposedly does his job, trying to keep the band together (but loves money above all things, right?). Question, do you guys think that, if some big corporation, or millionaire, offers Mick TONS of money, (and of course offers the whole band) to go again on tour (Rumours lineup of course), do you think he could find the way to mediate, and convince the band to reunite and go on the road?
Old 02-14-2020, 08:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Stevie and Lindsey have been fighting since before they joined Fleetwood Mac. if Mick was doing his job he would have found the way to mediate,
That hasn’t been Mick’s job since 1980. That was Irving’s job. Mick plays drums and keeps the band going. Maybe don’t take a passive aggressive dump on Irving’s big show and he’ll continue doing his job.

Quote:
instead of bowing down to drama queen's demands and immediately running to promoters. they did NOT have the tour booked. there was no gun to his head. he could have taken some time and wait till chiff queen blows out her steam and comes back to negotiate. or starts "loving" Lindsey again (whatever that means because that woman doesn't seem to know what love really is).
Or, maybe he had gotten sick of Lindsey and being around the drama. That has to get old.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 02-14-2020, 09:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
Or, maybe he had gotten sick of Lindsey and being around the drama. That has to get oldd.
it does.

but apparently not for Mick if he keeps bowing down to the main drama queen in that band.

Old 02-14-2020, 09:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
That hasn’t been Mick’s job since 1980.
you seem to be confused about various jobs - yes, Mick is not band's manager.

you may disagree with him, but Mick states that keeping that band together and going is his role in every interview he gives.

Old 02-14-2020, 09:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
you seem to be confused about various jobs - yes, Mick is not band's manager.

you may disagree with him, but Mick states that keeping that band together and going is his role in every interview he gives.
Well, you only selectively quoted me.

Quote:
That hasn’t been Mick’s job since 1980. That was Irving’s job. Mick plays drums and keeps the band going. Maybe don’t take a passive aggressive dump on Irving’s big show and he’ll continue doing his job.
Mick’s job isn’t to be the mediator. That’s Irving’s job. Mick plays drums and finds a way for the band to move forward.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 02-15-2020, 02:39 PM
saniette
This message has been deleted by saniette.
Old 02-15-2020, 02:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saniette View Post
Back to this idee fixe. Who cares about a corporate jerkoff like Azoff? Lindsey's attitude to those shows was the correct one. Azoff is the prototypical sleazy promoter/music exec making millions off other people's work. If it wasn't for Lindsey and bands like FM making music, what would Azoff promote? I don't understand why anyone in their right mind would take the promoter's side. Bowing to corporate interests is actually what artists should do...right.

I've never seen anything really good come out of Azoff's involvement, and his role in Ticketmaster/Live Nation tells you everything you need to know about Azoff. So not hard to side against him about anything. He ain't exactly David Geffen.

And I do agree that Azoff had a lot to do with Lindsey's firing. But that shows what a sleazeball he is. He's a band wrecker.
This is exactly how I feel. I think sleezy Nicks took it out of the band's hands and went right for the the jugular. I'm willing to bet Mick had a gun to his head.

Last edited by jbrownsjr; 02-17-2020 at 08:39 PM..
Old 02-16-2020, 06:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
This is exactly how I feel. I'm willing to bet Mick
How honorable of you.

Last edited by jbrownsjr; 02-17-2020 at 08:40 PM..
Old 02-17-2020, 08:39 PM

Quote:
How honorable of you.
Much appreciated.
Old 02-19-2020, 12:10 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Much appreciated.
Good editing job on your part.
Old 02-19-2020, 12:41 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Good editing job on your part.
Do you have a problem with him?

Just because he's a mod, doesn't mean that he's not a fan(WHY would anyone mod who's not a fan), and doesn't have an opinion. He's allowed that. So settle TF down.