The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Stevie Nicks
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-30-2014, 08:52 AM
Ledgie

The production/arrangements on this record are really timeless, that's what I really love about it.
There's only one thing that really bugs me: The different audio quality of her vocal takes.
It's always been the case that different takes are combined on the final product, but it's barely noticeable in most cases.
However, on this record, it's so obvious when it switches from crystal clear to muffled-sounding. Shouldn't they have default settings for things like this? This seems to be the only disadvantage of these "short" recording sessions.
Old 10-30-2014, 09:26 AM
Junior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sorcerer999 View Post
I just have to say one more thing about this record (sorry I talk and rant too much) but I've recently put most of this album in a huge playlist of 75 Stevie solo and Mac songs, scattered & intertwined throughout.

When songs like "24 Karat Gold" and "All The Beautiful Worlds" appear (just to pick a couple of examples)...it's like they are just lost B-sides or outtakes...it's like they were recorded during "Rumours", "Tusk" or "Wild Heart". They really don't sound like they were recorded earlier this year, even though we all know they were. So bravo to Dave, Waddy and the Nashville guys for finding that late 70's/early 80's musicality with a lot of these demos and sticking to it. Yes her voice is obviously aged, but there's just something within these vocals that sound young, impassioned and timeless...that take you OUT of 2014 and transport you to the days of "Wild Heart" and the dressing room demo...that make you imagine your in a blue Thunderbird at sunset, driving through Laurel Canyon in the late 70's, where there are "dreams to be sold..."

...and that really seems to be the REAL MAGIC of this album, doesn't it?

Sorry. I'm having another "dork moment".
Yes, it absolutely does! You have summed up beautifully everything that I love about the album.
Old 10-30-2014, 10:25 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Old 10-30-2014, 06:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Heres some hungry eBayers cashing in on 24K.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Stevie-Nicks...item2598347f04

http://www.ebay.com/itm/STEVIE-NICKS...item35def3b850

http://www.ebay.com/itm/STEVIE-NICKS...item259826a056

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Stevie-Nicks...item27eef9d787

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016
Old 10-31-2014, 01:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

The band gets a whole week off...and Stevie takes the opportunity to do more promotion for "24KG" by going on the Tonight Show and the Today show. Smart gal!

I wonder if she will do anymore promotion for it during the band's break between 12/20 and 1/16? Personally, I think she should use that opportunity to shoot a second music video...preferably for either "Starshine" or "24 Karat". The latter being my personal choice.
Old 10-31-2014, 04:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
The band gets a whole week off...and Stevie takes the opportunity to do more promotion for "24KG" by going on the Tonight Show and the Today show. Smart gal!

I wonder if she will do anymore promotion for it during the band's break between 12/20 and 1/16? Personally, I think she should use that opportunity to shoot a second music video...preferably for either "Starshine" or "24 Karat". The latter being my personal choice.
I hope she doesn't sport those god-awful sun glasses she's been wearing lately: they don't enhance her appearance; on the contrary, they are so off-putting and make her look like a crazed, droopy cartoon character.
Old 10-31-2014, 04:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by PenguinHead View Post
on the contrary, they are so off-putting and make her look like a crazed, droopy cartoon character.
That automatically made me think of this...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Droopy.jpg (88.3 KB, 8 views)
Old 10-31-2014, 06:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Yes She will be a self promoting business woman on the beat selling 24K.

The rest of the band can relax for a week.

She mind as well book David Letterman and other shows.I hope she dont over over do it and get over tired and sick do this promotion gig.

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016

Last edited by Macfanforever; 10-31-2014 at 06:26 PM..
Old 10-31-2014, 08:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by PenguinHead View Post
I hope she doesn't sport those god-awful sun glasses she's been wearing lately: they don't enhance her appearance; on the contrary, they are so off-putting and make her look like a crazed, droopy cartoon character.
I'm betting she will since they're prescription and she's not wearing them for aesthetic effect but to actually be able to see.
Old 11-01-2014, 02:13 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
That automatically made me think of this...
Spot on!
Old 11-01-2014, 02:18 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
I'm betting she will since they're prescription and she's not wearing them for aesthetic effect but to actually be able to see.
She would look really hot and smarter wearing more studious, librarian style prescription glasses than outdated tinted lenses.
Old 11-01-2014, 06:48 AM
Registered

So glad they got her instagram running again

She was just a witch... Happy Halloween!

A photo posted by Stevie Nicks (@stevienicksofficial) on

Old 11-01-2014, 11:01 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Stevie and Warner Bros/Reprise

Did you guys see in Mick's book where he refers to 24KG as "Stevie's last solo album for Warner Brothers"?

That sheds some new light on the "I've got 3 months to record an album" piece....I wonder if Nicks is eager to complete the Warner contract in order to get signed somewhere else (maybe with former lover Iovine's Interscope?)?
Old 11-01-2014, 11:06 AM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by tabruns View Post
Did you guys see in Mick's book where he refers to 24KG as "Stevie's last solo album for Warner Brothers"?

That sheds some new light on the "I've got 3 months to record an album" piece....I wonder if Nicks is eager to complete the Warner contract in order to get signed somewhere else (maybe with former lover Iovine's Interscope?)?
I noticed that too. Maybe she'll sign with Buckingham Records
Old 01-01-2015, 05:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by tabruns View Post

I think she rushed the album only because her contract with Warner Brothers was about to end, and she still owed them one more album.

When the Mamas and Papas broke up in 1968, they still owed their record company one more album. Years later, they all got letters threatening to sue them for a million dollars for breach of contract. They reluctantly regrouped in 1971 and made an album just to avoid the fine.

As far as we know, both Stevie and Fleetwood Mac are now free agents. I hope they finally break the the chain with Warner Brothers and sign with an independent label.