User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-19-2014, 06:29 AM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenground View Post
LOL He actually managed to get 10 votes. Seeing her in this would be hilarious, I can totally see her performing 'Rhiannon' while wearing it

I bet this would have been made with Real Human Hair !
Old 10-21-2014, 04:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Old 10-21-2014, 09:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I saw the video of Stevie wearing the winning shawl during Rhiannon. It actually looked a lot better on her than it did in the pictures though I'm still a bit baffled as to why she chose that one (she did choose it didn't she?). Also I must confess that I did give a vote to the Spirit of Stevie shawl I just couldn't resist.
Old 10-21-2014, 10:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankenstein View Post
I saw the video of Stevie wearing the winning shawl during Rhiannon. It actually looked a lot better on her than it did in the pictures though I'm still a bit baffled as to why she chose that one (she did choose it didn't she?). Also I must confess that I did give a vote to the Spirit of Stevie shawl I just couldn't resist.
From a couple of posts back...

It’s no secret now that the shawl appealed to Nicks. In a note from Stevie Nicks posted on the Talenthouse design contest Web page, she said:

"Ultimately, I chose NAY-TIV RAY-VIN by Crickets Meyeres. I felt this garment could have been made for Rhiannon or for Gold Dust Woman~ the color really isn’t that important. It just seems like a “Celtic” or a “native American” piece~ and I found that very interesting because it is obviously the tribal element that drew me to it~ be it Welsh or Southwestern~ Congratulations!!!”
Old 10-21-2014, 11:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenground View Post

"You shawl not pass!"
Old 10-21-2014, 11:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

This looks like one of the characters from Pink Floyd's The Wall

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoursAndHours View Post
"You shawl not pass!"
Old 10-22-2014, 12:15 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDenimLamp View Post
From a couple of posts back...

It’s no secret now that the shawl appealed to Nicks. In a note from Stevie Nicks posted on the Talenthouse design contest Web page, she said:

"Ultimately, I chose NAY-TIV RAY-VIN by Crickets Meyeres. I felt this garment could have been made for Rhiannon or for Gold Dust Woman~ the color really isn’t that important. It just seems like a “Celtic” or a “native American” piece~ and I found that very interesting because it is obviously the tribal element that drew me to it~ be it Welsh or Southwestern~ Congratulations!!!”
Yeah, I suppose that makes sense but from the pictures it still didn't strike me as something that looked like.... her style I guess? Especially compared to some of the other submissions. I dunno. Like I said though it does look better in action.
Old 10-22-2014, 08:53 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Wow...the shawl selected is gorgeous and so Stevie. I can see why she wears it for Rhiannon, Maker of Birds. It also reminds me of some of those head pieces she would wear.

I hunted around the FM video post thread and found that she wore it for the Columbus, OH 10-19-14 show.
Quick Links to see:
http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showpo...2&postcount=58

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GEkmQmfRVK4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YCNI_rPr_8U
Old 11-25-2014, 01:31 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Fox, Salt Lake City

Uniquely Utah: Kanab designer weaves web of threads for rock legend Stevie Nicks

Posted 10:18 pm, November 23, 2014, by Todd Tanner, Updated at 01:27pm, November 24, 2014

http://fox13now.com/2014/11/23/uniqu...-stevie-nicks/

“This is supposed to represent raven feathers, and this is supposed to look like jagged, irregular, shiny, sparkly, sleek, raven feathers and tail,” said Crickets Meyeres, pointing out the details of an elaborately crafted, handmade shawl.

The beautiful black piece, which graces a mannequin in her Kanab, Utah home, is actually a replication of the original shawl she knitted for Stevie Nicks.

Last September, Meyeres learned of a competition hosted by talenthouse.com, which called upon it’s regular readers and visitors to submit designs for a “show-stopping” shawl for Nicks.

Meyeres couldn’t resist the chance at dressing the rock icon. Soon, a design was flowing from her mind through her fingertips.

“I was absolutely obsessed, and when I was finished I was both excited and terrified about winning, but I didn’t think it would,” she said.

Meyeres says her design was inspired by the ravens that live year-round in the harsh red rock wilderness near her home.

“They are ever-present” she said, “just like Stevie”.

“I wanted to give her something back of me, not just ‘OK this is Stevie Nicks’ style, I’m going to make something her style and regurgitate it to her’. I wanted to give her a gift from Utah,” she said.

Meyeres’ Native American ancestry also played a part in the design, showing up in a subtle tribal pattern amongst the more than 3,000 stitches which make up the shawl.

In a brief statement announcing the winner of the talenthouse.com contest, Nicks noted the tribal element as a primary reason she chose Meyeres as the winner, awarding her a $2,000 prize.

The contest rules stated Nicks would provide the winner with a single photo of herself wearing the shawl, for the designer’s portfolio, and then return it. But it now appears she’s taken a shine to the piece custom-created for her 5’1″ frame.

Meyere explains, “I sent a note along saying Stevie could keep this if she wanted. She did like it. Her representatives asked if she could keep it, but I didn’t know she was going to wear it on stage every night during her concert tour with Fleetwood Mac. She wears it during the song ‘Rhiannon’ which is a huge classic hit. She spreads it out like ravens wings and I feel like she understands the same things I understand about the raven.”

Selling hand-made creations online has been Meyeres’ full time job since 2007. Click here to see more of her items.

Fleetwood Mac is currently enjoying a wave of rave reviews for their “On With The Show” world tour which kicked off in September.
Old 06-06-2015, 11:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

[article about a theater costume designer]

Tallmadge Express, June 6, 2015

http://www.tallmadgeexpress.com/ente...a-little-night

Conlee's dream job?

"I would love to design costume's for Stevie Nicks to wear in concert," he said.

Conlee already has had contact with Nicks: he once designed a shawl for her, which made it in the Top 10, in a contest.

"It didn't win, but I mailed it to her anyway, with a note," he said. "She sent a picture to me of her wearing it."
Old 06-06-2015, 11:28 PM
Senior Ledgie

Aww, I wanna see the picture!