Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Stevie Nicks
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 09-15-2008, 04:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Stevie Nicks Remix Project

I initiated a thread for The Stevie Nicks Remix Project on Jan. 14, 2008.

As of today, the Remix Project Mediafire folder is hosting 200 files, including over 150 remix tracks featuring Stevie Nicks, Fleetwood Mac, and Lindsey Buckingham. Some of the tracks you probably heard at some point, but the vast majority have never been commercially released - which includes label commissioned tracks and white label bootlegs, as well as a few amateur "bedroom DJ" efforts. I also posted the radio edits of 2007's Stand Back remixes for those that prefer 4 minute mixes over 11 minute marathons.

Also included: about two dozen dance/alternative music cover tracks and mash-ups. The Stevie Nicks acapella folder features nearly 40 acapella tracks (required for remixing) culled from Master and Safety Reels. I also posted a handful of gorgeous piano demos from the Master Reel tapes (Rhiannon, Sisters, Sara, Planets, Forrest of the Black Roses, Three Birds of Rhiannon) in 320 kbps. The audio is top-notch.

To date, there have been 10, 502 downloads from the folder.

If you're curious, but don't know where to start - download Fleetwood Mac: Remixed, a diverse, 11-track collection of the best Mac remixes. CD artwork is included.

Within the next few weeks, Stevie will take her final bow on the dancefloor and I will drop the curtain on the Remix Project by terminating the links. I wanted these tracks to be available to us - SN & FM's core constituency, but the posts & links are showing up far too easily in simple Google searches. Also, there wasn't much feedback or discussion (about 30-35 Ledgies chimed in), despite the avalanche of downloads, so I started to feel a little self-indulgent (and felt that much closer to Lindsey for the first time.)

Stevie, of course, hasn't stepped foot in a nightclub in years (unless she needs to use the toilet), but she admitted that she listens to her own dance mixes while facing down the treadmill in her TV room, even though she always get sidetracked by procedural police dramas like Law & Order (true) and an unhealthy eBay habit (you know it's true.)

Christine, obviously, is a slave to nightlife. She particularly loves those dark, unsupervised, cavernous thunderdomes where she can flaunt killjoy fire codes and enjoy a good cigar without a care. Of course, she's always let down by the latest batch of seasonal microbrews and would prefer her beloved Guinness, the beer that eats like a meal, but she's trying to soften her image... become more accessible, less threatening. She eventually flirts with the perimeter of the dancefloor, just as Stevie effectively demonstrated when she dragged her to the 8-Minute Dating singles party at the Hard Rock Cafe, a bilious memory that demands an immediate crank call to Saint Nicks.

Of course, she knows Stevie is still wide awake and using Draconian measures to lock-down last minute bids while alternately hiding from her nosy housekeepers, all knock-off Abyssinian blankets and frosted-crystal cat figurines that Fed-ex delivers on an hourly basis.

She calls, expecting to get the crackly "you can talk to me!" message Stevie recorded 2o years ago, but once again Stevie's synthetic forest of neon palm trees and dancing hula lawn ornaments knocked out the local power grid, shutting down her computer and stabbing her right in the eBay heart.

Stevie was hoping someone, anyone might call during the brown-out. The vibration from her Miss Piggy cellphone provided both company and comfort.

"Chris? is it really you? What's all that noise? Did I forget about the reunion tour again? Can I just film my parts in the studio next month? "

"Stevie, shut it. I've had a hard month. Crime is escalating through the roof on this side of the ocean and Scotland Yard has me working 'round the clock. It's my night off and I'm at filthy flesh trap - having a nice puff I might add - but it's not working Stevie. I'm not a delicate bird like you. I feel foolish with all this waiting for a silly man, when I can get one MY way with one hard punch to the gut and a push toward the door. Now, I'm all wound up. Tell me a funny, so I can shake it off and find me some young turk and give 'em the ole McVie one-two!"

"Chris.."

"Shut it! Tell me the Lindsey joke."

"No! If he ever..."

"Now, listen here Lady from the Mountain, you tell me the Lily Buckingham ribber or I call Petty right now and tell him that you call him Chicklet Teeth behind his back!"

"Ugh..alright..."So, Chris...Did you hear about Lindsey's new album?"

"Why no, Stephanie, how lovely."

"Yeah, he can't stop writing about me. It's called 'Gift of Screws,' which was the only the birthday present he could afford to give me in '74.' Of course, I re-gifted to Henley."

"Oh Stevie girl, I love it. I love that one. Gets me everytime. That Lindsay, more of a lady than either of us old broads. So precious, can't take a punch, not like you puddin' hips. You brightened my spirits. I'm ready for some fast, no frills lovin' or a good fisticuf. Oh, I miss ya Stevie. We've got to get together more often, like when we were just silly girls. We still have it in us, don't we?

"Well Chris, I'm sure Mick told you about the big Walmart album and tour?"

"Oh, Stevie, have you met my friend Click?"

"No, I don't..."

CLICK.

Dial-tone.......

So, in closing, since I like to stay on message and get right to the point...

For the next two weeks, one can directly access the Remix folder at:

http://www.mediafire.com/NicksMacRemix
Old 09-16-2008, 03:41 AM
Addicted Ledgie

GoldDustOrphan, it's time to give credit where credit is due. We've all been very fortunate that you have been so kind to post your amazing collection here. I went in for one final raid to get anything I may have missed and found a lot. Thank you so much.

I also have to thank you for the wonderful cover you made for my Fire Burning (Strangely Bright Mix). I now have a great cover to put into my iTunes so when my mix comes up there will be an actual cover there rather than a blank screen. And it's pretty spiffy, too. Thank you.
Old 09-16-2008, 03:06 PM
Senior Ledgie

I would also like to post a long overdue thank you!!

I hadn't realized so many Stevie remixes existed until I found this site a few months ago.

I think this was the first thread I discovered...

So, although it is late... it is surely sincere...

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!!

You have served my Stevie obsession well...
Old 09-16-2008, 04:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default A big...

thank you from me also. I have downloaded a bunch of these myself and am LOVING them. I have burned a lot of them to CD and listen to them in my car. Thanks so much!!
Old 09-16-2008, 05:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Frick, I just joined! Well it looks my computer will be on overload for the next two weeks as I try to download everything possible!
~Rhiya
Old 09-20-2008, 01:19 AM
Addicted Ledgie

You are all very welcome.

The link provided takes one directly into the Mediafire folder, which contains organized subfolders.

Downloading track by track can be time-consuming - and bothersome - so I will be uploading 4 large, packed folders (about 300 mb each) via Megaupload later this week.

That way, everyone can download all the tracks with just four downloads instead of having to download one-by-one. I will pack with WinRar, which is a free application easily found via Google.

-Rick
(Below is the CD artwork (front cover and back tray) for Fleetwood Mac: Remixed

Photobucket

Photobucket
Old 09-21-2008, 07:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Big thank you for this...some of those remixes are incredible. All I need now is a treadmill...and a wind machine
Old 09-22-2008, 03:53 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Well, I almost needed a fan last night when I was told that the commissioned remixes of Edge of Seventeen - that were originally intended for summer '08 and then essentially forgotten - are likely to see the light of day next spring. Fleetwood Mac will be touring - and getting tons of press - but the label won't have any new product to sell, so they're combing for stuff to create their own revenue stream.
Old 09-22-2008, 06:52 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Ooh! that's fantastic news! Thanks, Gold Dust Orphan!!
Old 12-23-2013, 04:44 PM
Junior Ledgie

Hi!

I was wondering if you could post a link with the acapellas again?

I am trying to remix some Stevie stuff and am DESPERATELY searching for acapellas... any help would be greatly appreciated!
Old 12-23-2013, 07:20 PM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldDustOrphan View Post
I also posted a handful of gorgeous piano demos from the Master Reel tapes (Rhiannon, Sisters, Sara, Planets, Forrest of the Black Roses, Three Birds of Rhiannon) in 320 kbps. The audio is top-notch.
If it isn't to much trouble could you also post a link to the piano demos please? I'm working on put together a piano demo CD. I'd appreciate it very much.
Old 12-24-2013, 04:59 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I'm very late to the game, as I just discovered this thread. Is there any chance of making that collection of remixes available again?
Old 08-24-2014, 02:23 PM
Junior Ledgie

I'm currently working on a couple remixes at the moment, with some very poor quality mp3 acapellas, and was wondering if anyone would be willing to share at least these 3 vocal tracks: Seven Wonders, Gypsy, and Sara. Preferably Seven Wonders as soon as possible, as it's the one I've got the most progress made... I would hugely appreciate it! I do have a solid following with my original music, and have made quite an imprint with some of my remixes as well! I've been producing for over 13 years and have been wanting to give my touch on these songs... Thanks guys, and thank you for having me on the forums!

Kind regards,

Steve Libby
Bangor, ME
Old 08-24-2014, 04:11 PM
Ledgie

Cool!! cant wait to hear them!, been waiting for someone to do a nice club mix to Gypsy for a long time!
Old 08-24-2014, 04:41 PM
Junior Ledgie

I'm looking forward to finishing them! I forgot to mention that I had started laying some parts for Little Lies as well... So I'd be very grateful to get the vocal tracks for that in addition to the other 3! Does anyone still have this folder with all the remix elements? I can't seem to find them online...at least any active links... Thanks again!