User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 08-31-2014, 02:06 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by APerfectLie View Post
Are you sure? It really has nothing to do with the bank. WB sends a pre auth to your bank which then stays on your account for a few days, but then drops off since WB doesn't finish the transaction. Then WB submits another pre auth the next week.
I dont understand how come WB does not take the money right away like others do.I confused with the reasoning of it.

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016
Old 08-31-2014, 02:51 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfanforever View Post
I dont understand how come WB does not take the money right away like others do.I confused with the reasoning of it.
In all the transactions of commerce that I have ever made on the internet, I've used my debit card. If bank account did not have the funds,of course I would expect the order to be cancelled. That is reasonable. I have never had that issue, in the all the years I've made purchases online. If the money isn't there, the order would just be cancelled.

What is not reasonable is Warner Brothers' policy assuming customers don't have the funds, thus, instituting this ****ing abhorrent policy of pre-authorizing and immediately cancelling orders. WHF???

So if authorization takes place in some arbitrary way, am I going to now receive three orders because I made three attempts? What drives my blood pressure up is that I have no number to call, no human representative to consult. Warner Brothers is a an evil entity. They are my battle of the dragon. They suck! I will never deal with them again. I rather go through a third party. I think I need a heavy dose of Klonopin now.

Last edited by PenguinHead; 08-31-2014 at 03:00 AM..
Old 08-31-2014, 08:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by PenguinHead View Post
In all the transactions of commerce that I have ever made on the internet, I've used my debit card. If bank account did not have the funds,of course I would expect the order to be cancelled. That is reasonable. I have never had that issue, in the all the years I've made purchases online. If the money isn't there, the order would just be cancelled.

What is not reasonable is Warner Brothers' policy assuming customers don't have the funds, thus, instituting this ****ing abhorrent policy of pre-authorizing and immediately cancelling orders. WHF???

So if authorization takes place in some arbitrary way, am I going to now receive three orders because I made three attempts? What drives my blood pressure up is that I have no number to call, no human representative to consult. Warner Brothers is a an evil entity. They are my battle of the dragon. They suck! I will never deal with them again. I rather go through a third party. I think I need a heavy dose of Klonopin now.

I dont like their format of doing eCommerce .There should be rules and guidelines written for these companies.I think there is rules in each state with mail order and internet sales they supposed too comply by .Maybe somebody can chime in and fill us in on it. Speaking of building up my blood pressure I remember years ago that Ticketmaster was giving me BS and almost lost the shows.Nevermind loosing tickets too.I do have to give them credit on instant refunds if the shows is cancelled.

That why I like the old way of going to the record shop or Walmart and purchasing the music in person .I was never of a fan dealing with money online but these days is way of things.

I'm debating now if I should order another vinyl or wait and see if Best Buy have it in stock in October.I cant recall if Best Buy stocks vinyl in their stores.I know Best Buy will have a truck load of her CD's there.They had loads of her IYD DVD's after it was released.

I hope you get to the bottom of this crap.

Old 09-01-2014, 01:58 PM
Ledgie

Many companies don't bill for preorders until they send merchandise, including Amazon. I've been frustrated with this, too, especially because I used my new laptop (which isn't hooked up to my printer yet) so couldn't print my order. After sending three messages to WB, I didn't get resolution so kept after them until they helped me access my account--which shows the pre-order. (I was at wit's end with all of this until they finally helped me get my password reissued so I could do this).

After my experience, my guess is that college interns may be assigned to handle these accounts (or they're outsourced off-shore). They don't seem to read the messages very carefully--and only respond to parts of them. I kept sending messages until I got the information I needed from them (and then discovered part of what they told me was wrong!!).

My lesson: keep sending messages until they answer your questions and keep checking your WB account to ensure that your order is still there. I'm planning to check mine once a week until it's sent.

Hope that helps!
Old 09-01-2014, 06:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TsnFan4Ever View Post
Many companies don't bill for preorders until they send merchandise, including Amazon. I've been frustrated with this, too, especially because I used my new laptop (which isn't hooked up to my printer yet) so couldn't print my order. After sending three messages to WB, I didn't get resolution so kept after them until they helped me access my account--which shows the pre-order. (I was at wit's end with all of this until they finally helped me get my password reissued so I could do this).

After my experience, my guess is that college interns may be assigned to handle these accounts (or they're outsourced off-shore). They don't seem to read the messages very carefully--and only respond to parts of them. I kept sending messages until I got the information I needed from them (and then discovered part of what they told me was wrong!!).

My lesson: keep sending messages until they answer your questions and keep checking your WB account to ensure that your order is still there. I'm planning to check mine once a week until it's sent.

Hope that helps!

I used too work at fulfillment houses which one was did work for Amazon.They hire cheap temp help to process orders and even do the office work.Some workers are great and some have no brains and screw up peoples orders.

Yes I agree .Keep on their rear until they ship it out.

Old 09-01-2014, 06:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I'm a little paranoid about this now because I've decided to move, and my lease is up prior to shipping. So now I have to change my shipping address long after the order has been placed, and if they use my billing address each time they authorize card, I will need to change that too (which I will probably wait on until this order ships, just to avoid issues).
Old 09-01-2014, 07:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I used too work at fulfillment houses which one was did work for Amazon.
Interesting. The Supreme court is about to hear a lawsuit about Amazon workers suing for overtime, for the time they spent waiting in security checks before they could begin working in the warehouse.

Michele
Old 09-01-2014, 08:05 PM
Ledgie

Really sad to hear that about Amazon. I try to shop at brick and mortar stores as much as possible (mostly to preserve jobs in local communities) so use Amazon when necessary. Unfortunately, it's becoming harder to find many items in stores so we end up buying from them. It's disturbing to hear that they treat employees this way; hope the Court finds in employees' favor.

Hoursandhours: If you're moving, you probably have time to change your address through credit card company and WB before the SN releases are out. At least it looks fairly easy to update the profile on their website. It might be a good idea to have an electronic "paper trail" with emails through their customer service staff (whoever it is).

Does anyone know how they ship (is it USPS, UPS, or FedEx)? If it's USPS, it might be possible to put your mail on vacation hold (if the release dates are during the same timeframe).

Wow--who knew it would be so complicated just to order an album or CD???
Old 09-01-2014, 08:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Interesting. The Supreme court is about to hear a lawsuit about Amazon workers suing for overtime, for the time they spent waiting in security checks before they could begin working in the warehouse.

Michele

Wow.I hope they will get payed.They were there on time on the property .The places I've worked at were private .One was a vender and fulfilled orders for Amazon and Target online and a couple other top name stores. the other did fulfillment for PCH Publishers Clearing House .PCH had their day in court over with they done to their customers .Its nothing new with big corporate playing games with their customers and their employees.

Walmart is another whole topic.

Yes . To come think about it .The company I worked at that did the PCH fulfillment had security at the doors .Some days it took some time getting into the building.Also as I remember that we shipped out WB CD's and VHS movies to PCH customers.

Old 09-01-2014, 11:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I used too work at fulfillment houses which one was did work for Amazon.They hire cheap temp help to process orders and even do the office work.Some workers are great and some have no brains and screw up peoples orders.

Yes I agree .Keep on their rear until they ship it out.
Believe me, I'm rear-ending them as much as I can, but yet I feel like I'm the one getting ****ed up the ass. My emails to their "concept" of customer service are being answered with little or no response. One response was robotic corporate speak that didn't address my issue at all, with no hint of empathy.

Warner Brothers are not my friends.

Last edited by PenguinHead; 09-02-2014 at 12:01 AM..
Old 09-02-2014, 06:50 AM
Senior Ledgie

I hope everything gets straightened out for you PenguinHead!
I never dealt with WB online before but I'd be super pissed too if that happened to me. Unfortunately (or fortunately?) I can't afford the bundle at the moment so I have to wait and buy the CD later.

Quote:
I don't get it either but WB should do that if they're so worried about the money being there. Or they should just let people pre-order in the stores.
The whole cancel, un-cancel, cancel bit is pretty idiotic! And the lack of good customer service is appalling!

Last edited by Nickingham; 09-02-2014 at 06:52 AM..
Old 09-02-2014, 03:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I got a confirmation of my address change and an updated shipment receipt from Warner Brothers today, less than 24 hours from my original email. Just thought I'd put that out there for balance in the reviews of their handling of stuff. This was the smoothest possible transition of the order I could have hoped for.
Old 09-02-2014, 04:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by PenguinHead View Post
Believe me, I'm rear-ending them as much as I can, but yet I feel like I'm the one getting ****ed up the ass. My emails to their "concept" of customer service are being answered with little or no response. One response was robotic corporate speak that didn't address my issue at all, with no hint of empathy.

Warner Brothers are not my friends.
GOOD .Keep it up.PenguinHead.

This is so ludicrous and beyond my comprehension in why they are F^&%%^%^ around with peoples orders.

Apparently they dont want to do business and make good money .

Personally .I'm not a fan of big corporate operations.This goes for Cable,Phone, Corp Radio station ownerships and so on.

Old 09-03-2014, 02:01 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
GOOD .Keep it up.PenguinHead.

This is so ludicrous and beyond my comprehension in why they are F^&%%^%^ around with peoples orders.

Apparently they dont want to do business and make good money .

Personally .I'm not a fan of big corporate operations.This goes for Cable,Phone, Corp Radio station ownerships and so on.
Thanks for the support. But I don't have much faith. I will try one more time. Otherwise, I hope I can buy the deluxe version from my local record store, but I really want the one with the booklet and extra photos. Maybe I can get it from a second party seller. I buy most of my music from Amazon, and have never had any issues. Warner F*cking Brothers (as I now refer to them) are evil mother*uckers. I will never again ever attempt to buy anything directly from them again. I will go through a third party.
Old 09-03-2014, 02:45 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickingham View Post
I hope everything gets straightened out for you PenguinHead!
I never dealt with WB online before but I'd be super pissed too if that happened to me. Unfortunately (or fortunately?) I can't afford the bundle at the moment so I have to wait and buy the CD later.

I don't get it either but WB should do that if they're so worried about the money being there. Or they should just let people pre-order in the stores.
The whole cancel, un-cancel, cancel bit is pretty idiotic! And the lack of good customer service is appalling!
I don't understand this concept of a company being worried if the money isn't there.If your paying it straight from a credit card or debit card, the money is there! If neither source is valid for some reason, the order won't go through! When did this system change? It's just ****ed up.