Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 12-17-2018, 03:17 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
People, it will be Jimmy Iovine.

He's one of the heaviest hitters there is. That matters to her. A lot.

He was THE person she thanked onstage when she learned she'd won. She said, in her words, that HE was responsible for her solo career. That she owed it all to him. She has in fact said this before.

Ok! It's fun to speculate.

I do think the young generation matters a LOT to her, too. Therefore the youngsters like HAIM and Harry Styles are her ticket to remaining relevant to the millennials. And that really matters to her, too. Even Adam Levine falls a bit into that category even though he's a bit older/established... her spot with him on The Voice a few years ago provided her with multiple nights of primetime tv airtime for a whole new chunk of youngsters. She enjoys being the rock icon these young people like to idolize.

(I'd go so far as to say that without the same next generation of supporters/fans/musicians sharing their limelights with her, she doesn't win this award. She hasn't won it purely on solo musical merits, even though she's released many albums and had decent hits... why aren't Tina Turner and Carole King in as performers, if that's the case? These youngsters have been critical to her remaining in the public eye and relevant and she knows it.)

Old 12-17-2018, 05:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
It’ll probably be someone she’s influenced, but I’d like to see Mick give the speech, like Paul did for John and Ringo.
ZZZzzzzz. . . .

I'd rather see Iovine, Styles, Campbell+Tench, Sky Ferreira+Haim, Billy Corgan, Courtney Love (who's looking great these days), Grohl, Henley, Miley Cyrus, etc.

Or Flo Rida, Tiesto, Bruno Mars, DeJ Loaf, or Calvin Harris.

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 12-17-2018, 06:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

She'll pick whoever the flavor of the month is. She loves to attach herself to what's hot. Vom.
Old 12-17-2018, 06:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by secondhandchain View Post
She'll pick whoever the flavor of the month is. She loves to attach herself to what's hot. Vom.
Sad but true. Or the biggest name she can get. She’s as deep as a raindrop.
Old 12-17-2018, 07:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Stevie has worked with a lot of people throughout her career, so there are a lot of real possibilities. Please feel free to add to this list:

Don Henley
Adam Levine
Haim
The Dixie Chicks
Sheryl Crow
Macy Gray
Bruce Hornsby
Kenny Loggins
Kenny G
Lana Del Rey
Jesse Valenzuela
Dave Stewart
Chris Isaak
Peter Frampton
Rod Stewart
Chrissie Hynde
Lady Antebellum
Old 12-17-2018, 07:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
Stevie has worked with a lot of people throughout her career, so there are a lot of real possibilities. Please feel free to add to this list:

Don Henley
Adam Levine
Haim
The Dixie Chicks
Sheryl Crow
Macy Gray
Bruce Hornsby
Kenny Loggins
Kenny G
Lana Del Rey
Jesse Valenzuela
Dave Stewart
Chris Isaak
Peter Frampton
Rod Stewart
Chrissie Hynde
Lady Antebellum
Dave Grohl (even wrote a song with him): https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sound_City:_Real_to_Reel
Old 12-17-2018, 09:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbBen View Post
Dave Grohl (even wrote a song with him): https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sound_City:_Real_to_Reel
Good one! Also:
Jon Bon Jovi
Bret Michaels
David Crosby
Robin Zander
Old 12-18-2018, 06:14 AM
Ledgie

Quote:
No, Sheryl Crow indicted Fleetwood Mac and she's not a member. Eddie Vedder inducted REM and Neil Young before he was a member. Dave Grohl inducted Queen before he was a member.

My money is on Grohl to indict Stevie.

DISTRICT ATTORNEYS OF ROCK (It was just a typo but gave me the heartiest laugh in ages!!)
Old 12-18-2018, 12:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by luminol View Post
Yes, Adam Levine is a great possibility. He had her as his "guest coach" or whatever they call it on The Voice a few years ago. He or HAIM seem like the best bets unless they go old school like Don Henley.

By the way, not that this has anything to do with Stevie, but here's the writeup on the Steve Miller / Black Keys fiasco a few years ago. What a grump!

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/m...nsults-234363/
Thanks for posting that, luminol. Steve Miller was a real a$$hole! And the Black Keys really came across like unsung heroes. I also appreciated learning little behind the scenes tidbits, like the fact that the acts don't get paid for their participation.
Old 12-18-2018, 12:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by NurseDJackson View Post
DISTRICT ATTORNEYS OF ROCK (It was just a typo but gave me the heartiest laugh in ages!!)
That was funny!!!
Old 12-18-2018, 01:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
acts don't get paid for their participation.
Just the opposite. These ceremonies are fundraisers for the organization bestowing the awards, and recipients effectively have to pay to receive them. I concur with Miller's complaint.
Old 12-18-2018, 02:08 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Just the opposite. These ceremonies are fundraisers for the organization bestowing the awards, and recipients effectively have to pay to receive them. I concur with Miller's complaint.
Sure, I have no problem with him having complaints.... but he should not have made The Black Keys feel like crap for being there to induct him. Unacceptable, rude, self centered... all the grumpy things I’d heard about him through the years, actually validated. I always liked his music but it’s hard to listen to it since this... kind of like FM since April.
Old 12-18-2018, 03:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Yes, that much I understand; I was speaking only to the content (if not the delivery) of his complaint about the Hall.
Old 12-18-2018, 04:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Respectfully, then if Steve Miller didn't want the honor, he shouldn't have paid for it LOL. But really, that guy from the Black Keys made a great point- how ironic that Miller called the HoF out for being a "boy's club" when he's had over 30 different men play in his band, and not one woman. And even if Miller had a valid complaint, why be so disrespectful to the Black Keys, who only wanted to honor him?
Old 12-18-2018, 05:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I'm not condoning his treatment of the Black Keys, or even defending anything he said or did; only making the narrow point that I concur with his financial complaint about the Hall (not how he expressed it, not his gender bias allegation, and not his complaints about anyone or anything else).

Last edited by cbBen; 12-18-2018 at 06:39 PM..