Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-28-2017, 10:52 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I hate to be a big nay sayer, but this seems like a case of the Emperor's New Clothes. It's really really sad that the main point of discussion here is whether Christine and Lindsey are playing/singing on which songs. Add to that the fact (not conjecture but fact) that they are piping in background vocals and you get a really poor excuse for live music. I adore Fleetwood Mac as we all do here, and it pains me to write this, but live music should be live music. IF Christine can't play because of arthritis, which I totally understand, then don't have her sitting at a keyboard pretending. I completely understand and sympathize with the fact that they are aging. We all have to deal with that and it's really hard when our bodies start letting us down. But I think it's fundamentally wrong to pretend that they are playing when they aren't. It's not respectful of the audience. And while I don't really know their financial situations, if they aren't set for life, then something is really wrong. Why can't they have one or two background singers who actually sing the background vocals? I have a hard time believing that they can't afford that. Anyway, sorry to be so negative, and I'll be ducking all the rotten tomatoes that get thrown my way as soon as I post this, but this whole thing makes me really sad.

Last edited by pattyfan; 06-28-2017 at 04:40 PM..