User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 12-11-2018, 12:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
I agree with you, Steve. I would like the Mac in your signature. I think the legacy isn't tarnished w/ a departure of Stevie or Lindsey. I think they way this went down tarnishes it.
For me, the only viable configuration of Mac I want to hear is Buckvie 2. Stevie won't write or perform new songs with them, so why bother keeping her on? Replacements at this stage of the game--no matter what their pedigree--are laughable, or weep-worthy--your choice.

Actually, there is one thing I'd recommend. If BuckVie 2 can't happen, then Mick, Christine, John, and the rest of Mick's Maui blues outfit could record something...
Old 12-11-2018, 12:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
For me, the only viable configuration of Mac I want to hear is Buckvie 2. Stevie won't write or perform new songs with them, so why bother keeping her on? Replacements at this stage of the game--no matter what their pedigree--are laughable, or weep-worthy--your choice.

Actually, there is one thing I'd recommend. If BuckVie 2 can't happen, then Mick, Christine, John, and the rest of Mick's Maui blues outfit could record something...
I wouldn't mind seeing her play keyboards and piano for more than a few seconds.
Old 12-11-2018, 01:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Stevie won't write or perform new songs with them, so why bother keeping her on?
Money.

She’s an arena rocker on her own, LBCM only sold about half to two-thirds mid-sized venues. But, then, she’s the only one without significant gaps between tours.

Quote:
The Fleetwood-McVie Blues Band w/ Rick Vito. I’d love it.

Quote:
And we all know at the end of the day, that album and tour bugged the crap out of her.
Or it emboldened her. Look at the success of her tour compared to theirs.

Quote:
I wouldn't mind seeing her play keyboards and piano for more than a few seconds.
Exactly why I’ve enjoyed the current Mac tour. Christine has a few solos, and there is a lot more spontaneity in their performances.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 12-11-2018, 01:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post

Or it emboldened her. Look at the success of her tour compared to theirs.
First time tour of that combo, I thought it was pretty respectable. You like apples and oranges, as of late.

Having said that, I wish her success would leave us with the four. But, she needs FMac for her ego. Apparently, her solo didn't "embolden" as much as I would have liked. Unless, she wanted to record with the other 4.

Quote:
Exactly why I’ve enjoyed the current Mac tour. Christine has a few solos, and there is a lot more spontaneity in their performances.
I look forward to this. I may go this Saturday. I will give you an honest review.
Old 12-11-2018, 01:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
First time tour of that combo, I thought it was pretty respectable. You like apples and oranges, as of late.
I absolutely get that. It’s all in the brand, and Stevie has worked hard and consistently at building her own viable brand independent of Fleetwood Mac. If LBCM had been called Fleetwood Mac and they had toured with another major artist, I have no doubt it would have been on par or more successful as Stevie’s.

But, the reality is what it is.
Quote:
I look forward to this. I may go this Saturday. I will give you an honest review.
I look forward to it.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 12-11-2018, 01:37 PM

Quote:
I absolutely get that. It’s all in the brand, and Stevie has worked hard and consistently at building her own viable brand independent of Fleetwood Mac. If LBCM had been called Fleetwood Mac and they had toured with another major artist, I have no doubt it would have been on par or more successful as Stevie’s.

But, the reality is what it is.

I look forward to it.
In the meantime, stop being a silver girl.

Ok, I'm done being a weirdo..
Old 12-11-2018, 06:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Replacements at this stage of the game--no matter what their pedigree--are laughable, or weep-worthy--your choice.
Fleetwood Mac is a megalith. It doesn't matter who's in the group if all they're going to do is play sports arenas and build the set around the white album and Rumours.

Rhiannon, Say You Love Me, Landslide, I'm So Afraid, Dreams, Don't Stop, Go Your Own Way, The Chain, You Make Loving Fun, Gold Dust Woman. How many more solid-gold tours of this music does one need? I ran out of steam awhile back. When you're hearing Rhiannon for the millionth time, who cares who's playing the signature guitar lick? It could be Rudy Vallee for all I care. Being subjected to Rhiannon or Don't Stop again is like being forced to watch the 300th installment in the superhero movie franchise. Who TF could possibly care? Only the very young, I suppose, or the very new to the band's shtick.

moviekinks.blogspot.com

Last edited by David; 12-11-2018 at 06:29 PM..
Old 12-12-2018, 12:44 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
Fleetwood Mac is a megalith. It doesn't matter who's in the group if all they're going to do is play sports arenas and build the set around the white album and Rumours.

Rhiannon, Say You Love Me, Landslide, I'm So Afraid, Dreams, Don't Stop, Go Your Own Way, The Chain, You Make Loving Fun, Gold Dust Woman. How many more solid-gold tours of this music does one need? I ran out of steam awhile back. When you're hearing Rhiannon for the millionth time, who cares who's playing the signature guitar lick? It could be Rudy Vallee for all I care. Being subjected to Rhiannon or Don't Stop again is like being forced to watch the 300th installment in the superhero movie franchise. Who TF could possibly care? Only the very young, I suppose, or the very new to the band's shtick.
Point taken.

And I don’t disagree with the criticism of the band’s same ole hits approach. I would have loved new music—but not by people who were hired to play covers.