The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read


Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #301  
Old 05-16-2018, 09:41 AM
jbrownsjr jbrownsjr is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 11,172
Default

Hearing different songs today.

Really enjoying the Green/Spencer/Kirwin/Welch/Walker/Weston/Mcvie material. Wow.
__________________
I would tell Christine Perfect, "You're Christine f***ing McVie, and don't you forget it!"

Last edited by jbrownsjr : 05-16-2018 at 09:49 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #302  
Old 05-16-2018, 10:33 AM
jbrownsjr jbrownsjr is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 11,172
Default

They love the Tango extended remixes!

Big big big big big big big big big big big big... love.. yeah yeah...
__________________
I would tell Christine Perfect, "You're Christine f***ing McVie, and don't you forget it!"
Reply With Quote
  #303  
Old 05-16-2018, 03:15 PM
kak125's Avatar
kak125 kak125 is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 1,723
Default

Just heard on Sirius that at 5pm today that there will be a show with the band members (including Lindsey) talking about Rumours its called Rumours Revealed.
Reply With Quote
  #304  
Old 05-16-2018, 05:04 PM
Lola Lola is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Illinois
Posts: 384
Default

Chris talking about writing Songbird and Lindsey talking about GYOW. Lindsey also talked about Oh Daddy and YMLF. I've heard these clips before but a new one for me was hearing Stevie talk about GDW. It was written in Phoenix and they drove past Gold Dust Lane everyday. She created a character, someone she called a Gustav Clint??? type of woman dressed in gold. I have no idea who this person is. I found a painter online named Gustav Klimt but it's a man and he's dead. It wasn't originally about coke but "morphed" (my word) later.

She said the Gold Dust Woman on the next tour will not be the same one as the last 2 tours.
Have we seen the last of the crackhead dance????
Reply With Quote
  #305  
Old 05-16-2018, 05:44 PM
Lola Lola is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Illinois
Posts: 384
Default

Just heard Lindsey talking about WMYTYTO! I love this song. He explained that him and Mick both share a love of a certain kind of rock n roll like the Stones and garage band stuff. He continued to say they "share a love of masculinity if you want to be politically incorrect". This made my day as I detest political correctness and enjoy masculine men (not macho, there's a diff). Then he talked about the drum playing and the equipment used (low tech stuff my words). Lindsey finished by saying he was playing the piano on it while Mick was on the drums and they were bonding for 1/2 hour recording the song.

We absolutely need to hear more from LB on this channel
Reply With Quote
  #306  
Old 05-16-2018, 06:19 PM
SisterNightroad's Avatar
SisterNightroad SisterNightroad is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Italy
Posts: 5,183
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lola View Post
I've heard these clips before but a new one for me was hearing Stevie talk about GDW. It was written in Phoenix and they drove past Gold Dust Lane everyday. She created a character, someone she called a Gustav Clint??? type of woman dressed in gold. I have no idea who this person is. I found a painter online named Gustav Klimt but it's a man and he's dead.
It is surely Gustav Klimt, he was a famous art nouveau painter that portrayed many hystorical and mythical female characters and one of his distinctive traits is the massive use of gold leaf as accent for details; he is my favourite artist.

Last edited by SisterNightroad : 05-16-2018 at 06:34 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #307  
Old 05-16-2018, 06:20 PM
elle's Avatar
elle elle is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: DC
Posts: 9,832
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kak125 View Post
Just heard on Sirius that at 5pm today that there will be a show with the band members (including Lindsey) talking about Rumours its called Rumours Revealed.
yes, because we never ever heard them talking about Rumours.

they also shared this weird tweet, tagging Buckingham / McVie, apparently only because they used the part of Christine's BuckVie interview where they cut Lindsey out of the picture -


__________________
Reply With Quote
  #308  
Old 05-16-2018, 06:22 PM
elle's Avatar
elle elle is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: DC
Posts: 9,832
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lola View Post
Just heard Lindsey talking about WMYTYTO! I love this song. He explained that him and Mick both share a love of a certain kind of rock n roll like the Stones and garage band stuff. He continued to say they "share a love of masculinity if you want to be politically incorrect". This made my day as I detest political correctness and enjoy masculine men (not macho, there's a diff). Then he talked about the drum playing and the equipment used (low tech stuff my words). Lindsey finished by saying he was playing the piano on it while Mick was on the drums and they were bonding for 1/2 hour recording the song.

We absolutely need to hear more from LB on this channel
awwww i wish i heard this!

i hope Lindsey finally brings back WMYTYTO this fall!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #309  
Old 05-16-2018, 06:26 PM
Lola Lola is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Illinois
Posts: 384
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
awwww i wish i heard this!

i hope Lindsey finally brings back WMYTYTO this fall!
Wouldn't that be great- My favorite line of the song "Everything you do has been done and it won't last forever"
Reply With Quote
  #310  
Old 05-16-2018, 06:28 PM
elle's Avatar
elle elle is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: DC
Posts: 9,832
Default

yesterday i heard again that Neil Finn clip where he talks how much he respects Lindsey and his contributions and how he'll honor his legacy and he'll sing the crap out of his songs. i had to laugh thinking:

  1. Kristen is so very right, listening to this you'd think Lindsey is dead

    and considering he's still very much alive
  2. how there's no reason whatsoever to go listen to Neil try to honor LB's singing when for 1/10th of the price, in intimate venue, you can go see the original himself!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #311  
Old 05-16-2018, 06:30 PM
Lola Lola is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Illinois
Posts: 384
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SisterNightroad View Post
It is surely Gustav Klimt, he was a famous art nouveau painter that portrayed many hystorical and mythical female characters and one of his distinctive traits is the massive use of gold leaf as accent for details; he is my favourite artist.
Shame on me for not reading further. Thx for the info
Reply With Quote
  #312  
Old 05-16-2018, 06:39 PM
SisterNightroad's Avatar
SisterNightroad SisterNightroad is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Italy
Posts: 5,183
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lola View Post
Shame on me for not reading further. Thx for the info
No problem, you're welcome, however now I wonder if a particular Klimt painting contributed to inspire Gold Dust Woman, I can't help but think of Hygeia with the gold snake.

Last edited by SisterNightroad : 05-16-2018 at 06:44 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #313  
Old 05-16-2018, 06:43 PM
jbrownsjr jbrownsjr is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 11,172
Default

For Duster (The Blues)

Love this tune!!
__________________
I would tell Christine Perfect, "You're Christine f***ing McVie, and don't you forget it!"
Reply With Quote
  #314  
Old 05-16-2018, 07:31 PM
jwd jwd is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Fleetucky
Posts: 2,860
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
yesterday i heard again that Neil Finn clip where he talks how much he respects Lindsey and his contributions and how he'll honor his legacy and he'll sing the crap out of his songs. i had to laugh thinking:

  1. Kristen is so very right, listening to this you'd think Lindsey is dead

    and considering he's still very much alive
  2. how there's no reason whatsoever to go listen to Neil try to honor LB's singing when for 1/10th of the price, in intimate venue, you can go see the original himself!

Makes good sense to me. And to hell with just hearing him sing. I want to hear him PLAY!
Reply With Quote
  #315  
Old 05-16-2018, 07:39 PM
dreamsunwind dreamsunwind is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 1,133
Default

Hearing Neil Finn talk so much is honestly jarring.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump

1997 Pretty Blond Singer Bekka Bramlett With Billy Burnette Press Photo
$20.0
1997 Pretty Blond Singer Bekka Bramlett With Billy Burnette Press Photo picture35 mm PHOTO SLIDE TRANSPARENCY #887 BEKKA BRAMLETT singer song writer
$2.99
35 mm PHOTO SLIDE TRANSPARENCY #887   BEKKA BRAMLETT  singer  song writer picture



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:06 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
© 1995-2003 Martin and Lisa Adelson, All Rights Reserved