Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Stevie Nicks
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 09-18-2010, 04:46 PM
Registered

Default No Holes

Ok.. To Ca Dreaming, sorry but let me just point out again what I was saying and referring to. The validity of some of the journalists words can be passed as non-valid. But the point that was being made was the point about Stevie directly, hence the quotes wrapped around what she was saying being stated. That part is valid and people are in denial. Oh and believe me, when it comes to such a serious and controversial topic such as abortion, Stevie would've definitely cleared her name and sued the mag or had her legal experts all over it. Come on this article is over twenty years old. Do you honestly believe she wouldn't have gotten wind of this by now and cleared her name and smacked a lawsuit or forced the mag to remove this article by now? Just being a realist is all. Oh and like you stated, Stevie was quoted saying they never had a relationship (her and Tom Petty). That means she is lying about it and telling the world this or it didn't happen, we will never know her truth but have to take her word on it, since she was quoted as saying such. On the other hand, I don't think Stevie would incriminate herself saying she had an abortion 4 and it not be true. Get what I'm saying? There isn't a hole in my argument either because I am only arguing the facts (her speaking) not what could be irrelevant or mistaken like what the journalist says in the article.
Old 09-18-2010, 04:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryguy2010 View Post
Ok.. To Ca Dreaming, sorry but let me just point out again what I was saying and referring to. The validity of some of the journalists words can be passed as non-valid. But the point that was being made was the point about Stevie directly, hence the quotes wrapped around what she was saying being stated. That part is valid and people are in denial. Oh and believe me, when it comes to such a serious and controversial topic such as abortion, Stevie would've definitely cleared her name and sued the mag or had her legal experts all over it. Come on this article is over twenty years old. Do you honestly believe she wouldn't have gotten wind of this by now and cleared her name and smacked a lawsuit or forced the mag to remove this article by now? Just being a realist is all. Oh and like you stated, Stevie was quoted saying they never had a relationship (her and Tom Petty). That means she is lying about it and telling the world this or it didn't happen, we will never know her truth but have to take her word on it, since she was quoted as saying such. On the other hand, I don't think Stevie would incriminate herself saying she had an abortion 4 and it not be true. Get what I'm saying? There isn't a hole in my argument either because I am only arguing the facts (her speaking) not what could be irrelevant or mistaken like what the journalist says in the article.
That's cool - but that's not what you based your original post on. I get your point. You just shouldn't have used the journalist's Tom Petty comment as part of that argument. It threw your entire stance off to me.
Old 09-18-2010, 05:03 PM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by CADreaming View Post
That's cool - but that's not what you based your original post on. I get your point. You just shouldn't have used the journalist's Tom Petty comment as part of that argument. It threw your entire stance off to me.
Actually it is but it didn't capture all of what was said by the person I was making an example of. Computer malfunction I guess. .. Oh well I am done talking about it.. Sorry hope to have not offended you You just are a tad sarcastic! Iget your sense of humor though b/c I have a twisted one myslef
Old 09-18-2010, 07:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
I believe that Stevie Nicks has had four portions.
I though she was wanted fo(u)r extortion.
Old 09-18-2010, 08:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Hey, whatever Stevie has done in her life, at least she never went out in public wearing a meat dress.
Old 09-18-2010, 08:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba Fleetwood View Post
Hey, whatever Stevie has done in her life, at least she never went out in public wearing a meat dress.
Amen......
Old 09-18-2010, 08:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Dark in my flaming staircase, being totally unfamiliar with the artist or her music

Quote:
I'd be tickled pink if someone could photoshop a Rumours-era photo of Stevie wearing her black batwing dress, but with the batwings replaced with salami, turkey, ham, etc.
Old 09-18-2010, 08:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SortaSavageLike View Post
I'd be tickled pink if someone could photoshop a Rumours-era photo of Stevie wearing her black batwing dress, but with the batwings replaced with salami, turkey, ham, etc.
Or a more recent concert shot.......just make sure you put a couple of nice hams in the back, yum!
Old 09-18-2010, 09:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Actually it is but it didn't capture all of what was said by the person I was making an example of. Computer malfunction I guess. .. Oh well I am done talking about it.. Sorry hope to have not offended you You just are a tad sarcastic! Iget your sense of humor though b/c I have a twisted one myslef
I "like to be twisted..."

Yeah, sarcasm is my defense mechanism, I guess! (That and I just think it's funny most of the time)...No harm, no foul.
Old 09-18-2010, 09:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Or a more recent concert shot.......just make sure you put a couple of nice hams in the back, yum!
OUCH!!
Old 09-18-2010, 10:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
LOLOLOLLOLOLOL!!

SuperFleetwood
www.youtube.com/SuperFleetwoodMac (Watch Rare HQ Fleetwood Mac Videos) And youtube.com/thesuperfleetwood
Old 09-19-2010, 01:16 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Oh and believe me, when it comes to such a serious and controversial topic such as abortion, Stevie would've definitely cleared her name and sued the mag or had her legal experts all over it. Come on this article is over twenty years old. Do you honestly believe she wouldn't have gotten wind of this by now and cleared her name and smacked a lawsuit or forced the mag to remove this article by now?
I wouldn't be so sure about that. I've read more than enough articles that are so utterly inaccurate and sensationalist, but the celebrity doesn't bother taking any action because it ultimately wouldn't be worth it. Vox wasn't even a particularly successful magazine. Assuming the interviewer really did misrepresent her (which he definitely did in regards to her relationship with Tom), I doubt Stevie would have benefited from taking legal action. Ultimately, I think it just would've brought a bunch of attention to the magazine and to the article.

Quote:
Or asked Lindsey to hold her meat purse.
Old 09-19-2010, 01:35 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kokoro View Post
I wouldn't be so sure about that. I've read more than enough articles that are so utterly inaccurate and sensationalist, but the celebrity doesn't bother taking any action because it ultimately wouldn't be worth it. Vox wasn't even a particularly successful magazine. Assuming the interviewer really did misrepresent her (which he definitely did in regards to her relationship with Tom), I doubt Stevie would have benefited from taking legal action. Ultimately, I think it just would've brought a bunch of attention to the magazine and to the article.
As has been seen with the ongoing stories of movies about herself and Fleetwood Mac, we know Stevie is fiercely protective of her legacy. She'll have no part of anyone telling her story without her involvement and sanction, or she's threatened to retaliate so badly any project would fail. Stevie who flatly refuses to get involved in political debates, and is famously complimentary of other celebs, has been publicly handed Lindsay Lohan her @ss... simply because she doesn't want Lindsay's problems associated with her. Stevie's told those who believe she's a witch "to get a life!" If Stevie truly didn't have multiple abortions, she would have come out with a ferocity the likes of which we've never seen. Stevie's written countless songs about angels, children, etc... and if she actually hadn't terminated several pregnancies, you better believe she wouldn't have let that idly slip by her and mar the persona she'd spent decades building.
Old 09-19-2010, 03:05 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Springs View Post
Of course. Because Apple, Fifi Trixibelle and Peaches coast right through LeeLee is tame and actually kind of nice.
the lack of humor on the ledge is truly depressing.

i'm fairly confident sortasavagelike was not attempting a sweeping analysis of celebrity child names. it was a joke. leelee-rhiannon would be a stupid name. christ.
Old 09-19-2010, 04:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post
If Stevie truly didn't have multiple abortions, she would have come out with a ferocity the likes of which we've never seen.[/B] Stevie's written countless songs about angels, children, etc... and if she actually hadn't terminated several pregnancies, you better believe she wouldn't have let that idly slip by her and mar the persona she'd spent decades building.
You're talking about conduct she has undertaken recently, not 20 years ago.

Stevie wasn't even on her game when this article came out. All she has to do with herself now is read the Twilight saga and comment on Lindsay Lohan and Taylor Swift. Back then, she was struggling to stay lucid and her management was picking her up off the floor. Taking the time to sue foreign magazines was the last thing on their agenda. She probably did have multiple abortions, but the fact that she didn't sue that magazine isn't proof of that. She never sued for the claim that she used a different coke orifice either. When asked about it, she denied it. Other than the Don Henley comment and the statement that the cat was out of the bag, she hasn't been asked about the abortions.

It may be true and it may not. Split the difference (or the babies) and maybe she had TWO abortions, not four. Whatever, the claim that since it appeared in print it must be true is illogical.

Michele