Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 02-17-2018, 06:33 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by secret love View Post
You know what? If the choice is between a Lindsey solo record and a Fleetwood Mac record, then I want Fleetwood Mac. And I don't think it would take a whole year to record a new Fleetwood Mac album. I mean, didn't Stevie record 16 songs in six weeks in Nashville? If so, surely the Mac can record a dozen new songs in three months from May to the end of July, right?

Lindsey clearly already has at least ten songs in the can. Pretty sure Chris would have leftover material from the latest Fleetwood Mac album, oh sorry, I mean the Buckingham McVie album, of course. That said, I wish Mick and John had the balls to join Chris and Linds on their tour. They played on all ten tracks, for ****'s sake.

What will be the last full length Fleetwood Mac album? It will technically be Say You Will, but in reality it will be Buckingham McVie.

And those 16 songs recorded in 6 weeks sound like it. They were demos quickly recorded and most of the tracks sound better in their demo form. I want a REAL Fleetwood Mac album. I don't want an EP or rushed Dance live tracks. It normally takes the Mac a year to record an album so I would have been willing to give them that time. I want good new music, not any new music that was written and recorded in a week. I would love a cohesive yet drama filled Fleetwood Mac album.
Its not going to happen but too bad we missed that opportunity
Old 02-17-2018, 06:42 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I think they should get in that studio all FIVE of them, like NOW..
We know Lindsey has plenty of material and Christine can produce
really good work really quick.

If Stevie cannot knock off THREE songs and get in and out of a studio, avoiding Lindsey (if that’s such a problem) too much

then the FOUR should record without her...

I want a new Mac Album, and still hold out hope.
Old 02-17-2018, 06:51 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by sue View Post
I think they should get in that studio all FIVE of them, like NOW..
We know Lindsey has plenty of material and Christine can produce
really good work really quick.

If Stevie cannot knock off THREE songs and get in and out of a studio, avoiding Lindsey (if that’s such a problem) too much

then the FOUR should record without her...

I want a new Mac Album, and still hold out hope.
The band DID record without her. But they did not want to upset Stevie to call it a Fleetwood Mac album. Like a willow, they can bend and went way out of their way to appear it was not a group effort.
Old 02-17-2018, 07:06 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
The band DID record without her. But they did not want to upset Stevie to call it a Fleetwood Mac album. Like a willow, they can bend and went way out of their way to appear it was not a group effort.

Exactly! It turned into a "non Fleetwood Mac" album when Stevie wanted to do her 24K tour and "the band" wanted to release what they have been working on. I still think that there will be new material released prior to the 5 going out on tour.
Old 02-19-2018, 10:51 AM
Senior Ledgie

Hey gang, wasn't sure which thread to post this in, but this seemed as good as any. Over the weekend, former BuckMcVie (and Stevie) drummer Jimmy Paxson posted on Instagram the following:

LA Bound - Just spent weeks shedding 24 tunes and I’m about to take off for 3 days of rehearsal in LA for an ultra private gig in Cabo (plus I’m squeezing in a record date after hours)- Happy to say that @ksjump will be joining me for the best of it 🏝... I’ll be playing drums w/Billy Gibbons & Steve Miller and also playing percussion w/Christine McVie & Mick Fleetwood... Cast and crew is like a family reunion ! It’s a good thing. Gratitude is my attitude - Stay tuned !

Old 02-19-2018, 01:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeets2000 View Post
Hey gang, wasn't sure which thread to post this in, but this seemed as good as any. Over the weekend, former BuckMcVie (and Stevie) drummer Jimmy Paxson posted on Instagram the following:

LA Bound - Just spent weeks shedding 24 tunes and I’m about to take off for 3 days of rehearsal in LA for an ultra private gig in Cabo (plus I’m squeezing in a record date after hours)- Happy to say that @ksjump will be joining me for the best of it 🏝... I’ll be playing drums w/Billy Gibbons & Steve Miller and also playing percussion w/Christine McVie & Mick Fleetwood... Cast and crew is like a family reunion ! It’s a good thing. Gratitude is my attitude - Stay tuned !
there's also a footage of Think About Me rehearsal on his IG today.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 02-19-2018, 01:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeets2000 View Post

Well, this is certainly very curious. I can only assume its for a one off event. It looks as if Jimmy P is off on a tour with a couple of guys for March through to August.

If its not for a one-off concert I wonder if Christine is doing an album after all. The tiny snippet of Think About Me is only just recognizable. Wonder whether she might be re-imagining some of her songs. A freshly recorded Best of Christine McVie would be pretty cool. Probably way off the mark, I'm sure.

'Where words fail, music speaks'
Mick Fleetwood
Old 02-19-2018, 01:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I highly doubt she's working on a solo album. I think BuckVie scratched her itch perfektly. Her material out there, without all the pressure of being solo.

I'd ten times rather have a BuckVie II than a FM album.
Old 02-19-2018, 01:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
I highly doubt she's working on a solo album. I think BuckVie scratched her itch perfektly. Her material out there, without all the pressure of being solo.

I'd ten times rather have a BuckVie II than a FM album.

Perhaps they are working on BuckVie II... but then surely Jimmy P would have referenced working with Christine and Lindsey. He only mentioned working with Christine and Mick. Maybe it is just a one-off charity gig or something.

'Where words fail, music speaks'
Mick Fleetwood
Old 02-19-2018, 02:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum View Post
Perhaps they are working on BuckVie II... but then surely Jimmy P would have referenced working with Christine and Lindsey. He only mentioned working with Christine and Mick. Maybe it is just a one-off charity gig or something.
And the beauty of working on BuckVie material is, of course, that it could easily morph into a FM album, should O.G.B. decide to pretend to be "an artist", instead of an oldies act.
Old 02-19-2018, 02:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I'm hoping for a deluxe edition of Buckingham Nicks, with a small number of theater-size shows to celebrate the release.
Old 02-19-2018, 02:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by tothegypsy View Post
I'm hoping for a deluxe edition of Buckingham Nicks, with a small number of theater-size shows to celebrate the release.
According to Gary Hodges(drummer on BN), it's never going to happen. He says that Keith Olsen wants 3 million to allow it.
Old 02-19-2018, 03:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

3 million even though Lindsey & Stevie claim they own the tapes?
Old 02-19-2018, 06:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAl84 View Post
3 million even though Lindsey & Stevie claim they own the tapes?
He says they don't own the masters. That Keith wants 3M or it ain't happening.
Old 02-19-2018, 09:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

If that's the case, I'm pretty sure they won't even know 3 million left their bank. I'm kind of shocked 3 million is the hold up if that's true.