and pile of rubble there's PROBABLY
a 2,000-pound bomb that went
off someplace.

Sooooo what's yer point?
Old 09-05-2009, 07:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
Ha ha this cracked me up! While I agree with what you say I had to laugh at the lyrics you wrote.
The correct words are: in the stillness of remembering what you had, and what you lost.
It was early, okay!
Old 09-05-2009, 08:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black_Moon View Post
It was early, okay!
Ofcourse it's ok! You'd be suprised at some of the weird lyrics I came up with before I got the words. For example in the song Fireflies when she sings, "long distance winners, where we survived the flight..."
I was hearing, "come Mr. Squinered, where we survived the flight..."

To me your blunder was more funnier because I thought everyone knew all the real words to Dreams. It's one of those songs that has been around forever, played on the radio forever, and performed to death, to the point that while she's singing it most of us are tuning her out.
Also the font used in the Rumours album lyric sheet was so cool to look at, I figured you and everyone else would have memorized all the words in it.
Old 09-06-2009, 05:55 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Ofcourse it's ok! You'd be suprised at some of the weird lyrics I came up with before I got the words. For example in the song Fireflies when she sings, "long distance winners, where we survived the flight..."
I was hearing, "come Mr. Squinered, where we survived the flight..."

To me your blunder was more funnier because I thought everyone knew all the real words to Dreams. It's one of those songs that has been around forever, played on the radio forever, and performed to death, to the point that while she's singing it most of us are tuning her out.
Also the font used in the Rumours album lyric sheet was so cool to look at, I figured you and everyone else would have memorized all the words in it.
I DO know all the words to it, that's the thing. So, I have no idea why I messed it up. I've probably known all of the words since I was conceived, because like you said it's been done to death.

I can only be perfect 99.9% of the time.
Old 09-11-2009, 12:00 PM
Junior Ledgie

You have to believe lindsey over stevie in anything involving their relationship. she romanticizes everything for her art and songwriting.

I have read 25 years of interviews,read books on the mac and I really have come to the conclusion that I just dont think Lindsey was ever really that deeply in love with stevie. maybe in the very beginning in LA but even that sounds troubled I know alot of people dont want to belive it but maybe carol ann harris's book was right and the break up wasnt this major sadness or even all that troubling to him. Has he ever really written a love song for stevie?

he certainly seems to be the happiest now he has ever been judging from interviews and articles you read. he seems to be deeply in love with his wife and loves his new life as a father and his home and his work.seems like a very happy guy, I just doubt very much he really cares about all this tired old mac relationship drama except when it inevitably comes up in interviews.
Old 09-11-2009, 04:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by coopcoop View Post
You have to believe lindsey over stevie in anything involving their relationship. she romanticizes everything for her art and songwriting.

I have read 25 years of interviews,read books on the mac and I really have come to the conclusion that I just dont think Lindsey was ever really that deeply in love with stevie.
Old 09-11-2009, 05:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

I have read 25 years of interviews,read books on the mac and I really have come to the conclusion that I just dont think Lindsey was ever really that deeply in love with stevie.
I sort of agree with your top statement. Stevie does tend to over-exaggerate and anything dramatic makes her feed off it like a leech.

However - you seriously don't think Lindsey was ever deeply in love with Stevie? I've got to completely disagree. They were together from being so young for five/six/seven years depending on which account you read it from. That's a long relationship. Some marriages don't last that long. They moved away from their families, without their support (well, I don't believe they were ever as destitute as Stevie would like to think, but I don't think they were fully supported) and obviously spent a lot of time together.

I think the cocaine stopped them - aswell as having to be in a band with each other post-breakup - from expressing natural emotions when a relationship ends. Stevie said cocaine took away sensitivity, and I believe that. Judging from how possessive Lindsey is said to have been over Stevie, I don't think he could have done that if he felt disdain for her or wasn't all that in love with her.
Old 09-12-2009, 12:29 AM
Registered

Good God, play friggin' New Zealand, already! There's either 3 or 4 NZ threads already on The Ledge- I'm happy for any Ledgies that live in New Zealand, but dang, I think I'll remember 2009 as the year Fleetwood Mac did their 45 US dates, took 3 months off and all I heard about was New Zealand!
(though we did get Stevie's lovely 'Soundstage' dvd release and promotion during a short 'Unleashed' break. Wonder if she'll get a Grammy nomination, I think I read ballots get sent out in October).
New Zealand, New Zealand, New Zealand- oy
Old 09-12-2009, 12:41 AM
Supporting Ledgie

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikolaj View Post

Hey now (in my best Hank Kingsley impression)... it's been 30 years. It's a big deal.
Old 09-12-2009, 06:40 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
This is a nice, long showy article for Lindsey to say all the things he's said a million times B4. Except this:

In a recent interview the guitarist and pop genius of the group recounted how Nicks and Fleetwood made a big deal of coming round to his house to tell him about their affair, to which he responded, "Yeah? So? That's it?"

According to Stevie she and Mick had to break up because they knew being together would be the final straw to break up the band, that Lindsey wouldn't be able to handle it and would probably quit.

So now I ask you Ledgies, who is telling the truth and who is the liar?

Photobucket
eh~I think they're both a little right and both a little wrong...
Old 09-12-2009, 06:42 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikolaj View Post
Good God, play friggin' New Zealand, already! There's either 3 or 4 NZ threads already on The Ledge- I'm happy for any Ledgies that live in New Zealand, but dang, I think I'll remember 2009 as the year Fleetwood Mac did their 45 US dates, took 3 months off and all I heard about was New Zealand!
(though we did get Stevie's lovely 'Soundstage' dvd release and promotion during a short 'Unleashed' break. Wonder if she'll get a Grammy nomination, I think I read ballots get sent out in October).
Yah know...that would be nice....That woman deserves a Grammy for all her work over the years and inspiration to other artists as well...What the heck
Old 09-12-2009, 06:50 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I sort of agree with your top statement. Stevie does tend to over-exaggerate and anything dramatic makes her feed off it like a leech.

However - you seriously don't think Lindsey was ever deeply in love with Stevie? I've got to completely disagree. They were together from being so young for five/six/seven years depending on which account you read it from. That's a long relationship. Some marriages don't last that long. They moved away from their families, without their support (well, I don't believe they were ever as destitute as Stevie would like to think, but I don't think they were fully supported) and obviously spent a lot of time together.

I think the cocaine stopped them - aswell as having to be in a band with each other post-breakup - from expressing natural emotions when a relationship ends. Stevie said cocaine took away sensitivity, and I believe that. Judging from how possessive Lindsey is said to have been over Stevie, I don't think he could have done that if he felt disdain for her or wasn't all that in love with her.
oh I agree...they were both deeply in love with eachother and also hurt by eachother very much to the point they weren't speaking which was breaking them up.
The two of them were just playing the part...when you're both hurt and not speaking you have to play that you're not the one that got hurt...its a pride issue with men..so of course he's gonna say..."so" and pretend he doesn't care when really,..yeah...he was dying but not gonna let it kill him. Of course he did care...and Stevie was trying to get his attention...without speaking...obviously if she was showing up with Mick and rubbing it in his face.

Last edited by belladonnadream; 09-12-2009 at 06:52 AM..
Old 09-12-2009, 07:00 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

I have read 25 years of interviews,read books on the mac and I really have come to the conclusion that I just dont think Lindsey was ever really that deeply in love with stevie. maybe in the very beginning in LA but even that sounds troubled I know alot of people dont want to belive it but maybe carol ann harris's book was right and the break up wasnt this major sadness or even all that troubling to him. Has he ever really written a love song for stevie?

he certainly seems to be the happiest now he has ever been judging from interviews and articles you read. he seems to be deeply in love with his wife and loves his new life as a father and his home and his work.seems like a very happy guy, I just doubt very much he really cares about all this tired old mac relationship drama except when it inevitably comes up in interviews.
You're wrong......here's why... 6:28 on my video from Rochester NY 3-16-09
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_0AWbllbOc
Elements of that love remain...even if he is happy and in love with his new wife.
Old 09-12-2009, 08:15 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I think by this point it'll just have been about scoring points off each other. Lindsey's obviously not going to want to look like he's completely devastated about what was going on between Stevie and Mick, because by this point he's going out with Carol-Ann Harris and really, who wants to look gutted that their ex has got someone else?

Stevie obviously wanted him to have some sort of reaction that still showed his love for her. I think she loves the idea that his love for her will eat away at him - 'I'll follow you down 'till the sound of my voice will haunt you...', 'like a heartbeat drives you mad, and the stillness of a memory is what you had...' etc. If he shows no feelings towards her and Mick getting together, then I think it would hurt her too, absolutely.

So, I think mylittledemon is right. Stevie didn't have too much concern with Lindsey's feelings about the situation. She cared more about Lindsey's concern with her.

I mean, this is all guesswork of course. Just my sentiments on the thing.
Well said.
Old 09-12-2009, 09:40 AM
Addicted Ledgie

We all know that Stevie romanticizes everything...its what she does...its how she is able to write her music. I don't necessarily believe that makes what she says wrong though. I just think that for as much as she romanticizes their relationship, Lindsey probably has to downplay it...after all, he is married with a family and I'm sure it doesn't thrill his wife to have to hear about/read about the saga of Stevie and Lindsey all the time. That's what everyone wants to know about and its what they are always asked about so I'm sure it would be a bit uncomfortable for him to go into any kind of detail about it and then go home to face Kristen. Seriously though, after all these years he still thinks that he and Stevie need to work on their relationship...I think that says a lot.