Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-04-2013, 02:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Wishful thinking: Live album 2013

I was just thinking how great it would be to have an official live album from this tour. There have been some lovely songs and different arrangements. After the disappointment of the 2004 Live in Boston cd, the track-list of which comprised several songs which sounded way better on The Dance, and nothing from the 2009 tour, I propose the following (ten songs only, as on LiB):-

Second Hand News
Sad Angel
Gypsy
Not That Funny
Sisters of the Moon
Never Going Back Again
Without You
Gold Dust Woman
Don't Stop (feat. Christine)
Say Goodbye

Old 10-04-2013, 02:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulpian View Post
I was just thinking how great it would be to have an official live album from this tour. There have been some lovely songs and different arrangements. After the disappointment of the 2004 Live in Boston cd, the track-list of which comprised several songs which sounded way better on The Dance, and nothing from the 2009 tour, I propose the following (ten songs only, as on LiB):-

Second Hand News
Sad Angel
Gypsy
Not That Funny
Sisters of the Moon
Never Going Back Again
Without You
Gold Dust Woman
Don't Stop (feat. Christine)
Say Goodbye

This is a great idea! But why limit it to ten songs?

Has anyone brought this up to Mick at the meet and greets?

I know he's discussed wanting to do a studio album, but given the success of this tour right from the start of it, it shows that people want to hear the band play live. Maybe he could convince everyone that this is time for a new live album just because there is so much interest in this tour. He managed to do it in 1979/80!
Old 10-04-2013, 03:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by seekerj View Post
Has anyone brought this up to Mick at the meet and greets?
What people should be asking Mick is why they are not selling the shows right after the performance ends. Other bands are doing this.

Last edited by vivfox; 10-04-2013 at 03:17 PM..
Old 10-04-2013, 03:53 PM
Junior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
What people should be asking Mick is why they are not selling the shows right after the performance ends. Other bands are doing this.
OMG YES! I saw the B-52s at the Indigo2 (smaller venue in the big 02) in August and right after they sold the CD of the gig at £20. The mac would have had £80 more off me if they'd done that last week...however the demand would have been extremely high to supply this.

I do think though, a double album live CD is required for this tour due to the amount of countries and places they have visited which I think means it would sell extremely well. That's what I would say to their manager/record company anyway...I really just want a recent live album I can sing to around my bedroom/at the gym and in the car.
Old 10-04-2013, 04:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by charnicks88 View Post
OMG YES! I saw the B-52s at the Indigo2 (smaller venue in the big 02) in August and right after they sold the CD of the gig at £20. The mac would have had £80 more off me if they'd done that last week...however the demand would have been extremely high to supply this.

I do think though, a double album live CD is required for this tour due to the amount of countries and places they have visited which I think means it would sell extremely well. That's what I would say to their manager/record company anyway...I really just want a recent live album I can sing to around my bedroom/at the gym and in the car.
I usually play a mix of the 1980 live album, The Dance and Live in Boston to tide me over.
Old 10-04-2013, 06:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulpian View Post
I usually play a mix of the 1980 live album, The Dance and Live in Boston to tide me over.
I just go to youtube.
Old 10-04-2013, 07:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Not such a far-fetched idea.
I think it's probably very likely that they will release a download-only live album sometime over the next 6 months.

But the idea of releasing live material from 2013 and not including Sara would be criminal.
I've seen some stunning versions of this song on Youtube this year.

And I would hope Gold Dust Woman from Phoenix would be at the top of their list.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q8KsbXWKGAo
Old 10-04-2013, 08:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I was disappointed in Live Boston EXCEPT for Eyes of the World. That was classic.

For this tour?

Good list. Get rid of Not That Funny and add The Chain.
Old 10-05-2013, 04:19 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcalzaretta View Post
I was disappointed in Live Boston EXCEPT for Eyes of the World. That was classic.

For this tour?

Good list. Get rid of Not That Funny and add The Chain.
Agreed re Eyes of the World. I also liked Stand Back. The rest were not great at all.

I wonder if they will do a live album? I really hope so. They just seem so out of step, sometimes, with what might market well. This would, given all the good ticket sales and the renewed interest in the band.

If they do, I wonder if they'd take up my suggestion of using one of the Don't Stop performances from London? I was at the second one and it sounded great.
Old 10-05-2013, 10:09 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Oh they should include the Don't Stop versions with all five of them if they want it to sell.

"What a f**king stupid shirt you're wearing." - Christine McVie
Old 10-05-2013, 02:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

One of my other favourite artists is Heather Nova. Have seen her a lot more (16x) thennStevie and The Mac (cause she toures Europe much more frequently).

Well alas: Heather does control everything herself with her husband and he records every show and make it available on their website the day after the show in high quality MP3. Ususal price is 10 euros. i havee quite a collection of memories so far....and since she varies a lot in setlists, it's also nice to buy shiws were you weren't at....

That might be an idea for FM, although an ordinary CD ( complete setlist please) will be fine as well.