The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read


Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #61  
Old 03-27-2019, 10:12 PM
lovethemac1's Avatar
lovethemac1 lovethemac1 is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: center of Canada
Posts: 757
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Street_Dreamer View Post
I know in the big scope of things, my opinion really doesn't matter. I just cannot accept the current lineup. The firing of previous members of the band like Danny, Dave Walker and Bob Weston made sense given the circumstances. The other members left on their own accord including Peter, Jeremy and Bob Welch. The same holds true for Lindsey, Christine, Stevie, Rick and the short period that Billy left the band.

The circumstances surrounding Lindsey's firing doesn't sit well with me. Of all the Rumours group, he was the only one who wanted to make a new album and tour for the past several years. It would be fine if he wanted to walk away on his own terms but that obviously didn't happen. The fact that he was ousted by one member of the band wasn't right. With the recent news where the truth of his firing came out shows what cowards they all are. This was a chance for the band to properly bookend everything and end on a beautiful note. Instead we have this. It has stained and tarnished Fleetwood Mac's legacy.

Lindsey deserved better. Fans deserved better. It is so disheartening and so sad that this will be how the band ends. Sorry Peter, Bob B., Jeremy, Danny, Bob Weston, Dave W., Bob Welch, Billy, Rick, Bekka and Dave M. You all made beautiful music and will be remembered positively for your contributions to the band and for not trying to oust anyone for your own selfish reasons.
Beautifully written. Thank you.
Reply With Quote
  #62  
Old 03-27-2019, 10:39 PM
SteveMacD's Avatar
SteveMacD SteveMacD is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: The Buckeye State
Posts: 6,743
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Street_Dreamer View Post
The other members left on their own accord including Peter, Jeremy and Bob Welch. The same holds true for Lindsey, Christine, Stevie, Rick and the short period that Billy left the band.
Can’t help but notice Dave Mason, Bekka, and Billy his second time in the band weren’t mentioned. They never got to tour in support of “Time” (their touring was prior to its release) because Mick disbanded Fleetwood Mac after he started working with Lindsey again. Mick took the path of least resistance to maximize his earning potential. Sound familiar?

Quote:
The circumstances surrounding Lindsey's firing doesn't sit well with me. Of all the Rumours group, he was the only one who wanted to make a new album and tour for the past several years.
Seems like the last album of new material from any of them (unless you count the new Neil & Liam Finn album which featured Mick on a few songs) featured four of them and two of them toured to support it.

Let’s be honest, the problem is who doesn’t want to do another album, which might still be the case.

Quote:
The fact that he was ousted by one member of the band wasn't right.
The reality is that she has all of the power because she played the game better than anyone else in the band.
__________________
On and on it will always be, the rhythm, rhyme, and harmony.

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b313/SteveMacD/fm2014_zps5c60d7b9.jpg
THE Stephen Hopkins
Reply With Quote
  #63  
Old 03-28-2019, 02:18 AM
HomerMcvie's Avatar
HomerMcvie HomerMcvie is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Indiana/Tennessee
Posts: 11,325
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Street_Dreamer View Post
I know in the big scope of things, my opinion really doesn't matter. I just cannot accept the current lineup. The firing of previous members of the band like Danny, Dave Walker and Bob Weston made sense given the circumstances. The other members left on their own accord including Peter, Jeremy and Bob Welch. The same holds true for Lindsey, Christine, Stevie, Rick and the short period that Billy left the band.

The circumstances surrounding Lindsey's firing doesn't sit well with me. Of all the Rumours group, he was the only one who wanted to make a new album and tour for the past several years. It would be fine if he wanted to walk away on his own terms but that obviously didn't happen. The fact that he was ousted by one member of the band wasn't right. With the recent news where the truth of his firing came out shows what cowards they all are. This was a chance for the band to properly bookend everything and end on a beautiful note. Instead we have this. It has stained and tarnished Fleetwood Mac's legacy.

Lindsey deserved better. Fans deserved better. It is so disheartening and so sad that this will be how the band ends. Sorry Peter, Bob B., Jeremy, Danny, Bob Weston, Dave W., Bob Welch, Billy, Rick, Bekka and Dave M. You all made beautiful music and will be remembered positively for your contributions to the band and for not trying to oust anyone for your own selfish reasons.
That was beautifully said. Money and HUGE egos overtook the band.

Stevie is worst thing that EVER happened to FM. Yet, for idiot Mick, the best thing. RIP, FM.

I hope history recognizes what a stupid egomaniac she is, and how she ruined the band's legacy. F**K HER.
__________________
I will CRUSH YOU!!!! KAREN BRING ME MY FLIP PHONE!
And I'm David, not Homer!(we all should be able to change our name, at least once)
Reply With Quote
  #64  
Old 03-28-2019, 06:58 AM
Macfan4life's Avatar
Macfan4life Macfan4life is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Somewhere out in the back of your mind
Posts: 2,796
Default

I don't even listen to FM on the radio anymore. If they come on, I turn the channel. I do listen to GYOW and maybe a deep cut like Warm Ways if it comes on but other than that I am even sick of hearing them.
Maybe I am no longer a fan because I don't even listen to their music anymore.


When Chris re-joined I could not wait to hear her live in concert immediately. I did not see the Unleashed tour and pretty much had given up on the band. Chris re-started my interest in the band. However, looking back it would have been better for the band to go into the studio for a year prior to touring. But we did get Buck/Vie which is such a treat.


All of our opinions matter but I get a kick out of the few who bash the band for not making new music and at the same time don't like or bash Say You Will and Buck/Vie.
Both albums ARE Fleetwood Mac. Lindsey did a fantastic job on both and I appreciate both for different reasons. If you don't like or appreciate these efforts its unlikely you would appreciate anything different just because Stevie is overdubbed into the sound.

What's the most frustrating about being a FM member is IMHO a major part of the band died after Mirage. All the famous 5 line up never created another "commercial free pressure " album since 1979's Tusk. Let me explain: After Tusk, the band felt commercial pressure to make something more radio friendly pop. While Mirage is a great album there was pressure to strip them a little of their creativity. After Mirage and the solo stuff, Tango is pretty much a Lindsey solo project and the pressure to make it commercially successful was even stronger than Mirage. The band had not created anything for half a decade and Mick was in bankruptcy. After Tango the core 5 don't reunite until the Dance where the band only toured with 3 new live songs. HUGE mistake IMHO. After the Dance Christine leaves and Say You Will was without lots of commercial pressure but it still existed but it was without one core member.
So long story short, could you imagine another "Tusk" like album from the 5 that let them be as creative as they wanted?

I think that is what frustrates me from being a fan for so long. I do like Behind the Mask because it expresses creativity that Tango never had but it also scared the band for being a flop in the USA. A Fleetwood Mac album not selling well and no major hits. But I don't care about hits, I care about the music.
__________________

Still I believe.....BACKSTABBING AND BETRAYAL will show us how

Last edited by Macfan4life; 03-28-2019 at 07:07 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #65  
Old 03-28-2019, 09:24 AM
mitzo mitzo is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 1,576
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
I don't even listen to FM on the radio anymore. If they come on, I turn the channel. I do listen to GYOW and maybe a deep cut like Warm Ways if it comes on but other than that I am even sick of hearing them.
Maybe I am no longer a fan because I don't even listen to their music anymore.


When Chris re-joined I could not wait to hear her live in concert immediately. I did not see the Unleashed tour and pretty much had given up on the band. Chris re-started my interest in the band. However, looking back it would have been better for the band to go into the studio for a year prior to touring. But we did get Buck/Vie which is such a treat.


All of our opinions matter but I get a kick out of the few who bash the band for not making new music and at the same time don't like or bash Say You Will and Buck/Vie.
Both albums ARE Fleetwood Mac. Lindsey did a fantastic job on both and I appreciate both for different reasons. If you don't like or appreciate these efforts its unlikely you would appreciate anything different just because Stevie is overdubbed into the sound.

What's the most frustrating about being a FM member is IMHO a major part of the band died after Mirage. All the famous 5 line up never created another "commercial free pressure " album since 1979's Tusk. Let me explain: After Tusk, the band felt commercial pressure to make something more radio friendly pop. While Mirage is a great album there was pressure to strip them a little of their creativity. After Mirage and the solo stuff, Tango is pretty much a Lindsey solo project and the pressure to make it commercially successful was even stronger than Mirage. The band had not created anything for half a decade and Mick was in bankruptcy. After Tango the core 5 don't reunite until the Dance where the band only toured with 3 new live songs. HUGE mistake IMHO. After the Dance Christine leaves and Say You Will was without lots of commercial pressure but it still existed but it was without one core member.
So long story short, could you imagine another "Tusk" like album from the 5 that let them be as creative as they wanted?

I think that is what frustrates me from being a fan for so long. I do like Behind the Mask because it expresses creativity that Tango never had but it also scared the band for being a flop in the USA. A Fleetwood Mac album not selling well and no major hits. But I don't care about hits, I care about the music.
I love this and feel much the same, really. So tired of pretending it is 1980 still. The band has produced so little, and chunks of the post-Mirage stuff is dross. Always trying too hard, missing a key member, or recycling Rumours. Some say egos killed the band, I say Rumours did it.
__________________
I give up.
Reply With Quote
  #66  
Old 03-28-2019, 10:16 AM
jbrownsjr jbrownsjr is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 11,959
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
The thing that always drove me temperamentally away from my friend Nancy's board of relationship-centered interpretations wasn't the fiction of the relationship itself but the insistence on anywhere and everywhere reading autobiography into every lyric. It always made me think back to my college lit courses in authorial intent and Wimsatt and Beardsley's intentional fallacy, and how it's overshooting to continually assume that a songwriter's lyrics are either deeply personal or even autobiographically factual at all. There's no internal (internal to the song) evidence that "Did she make you break down?" is a second-person address to Lindsey Buckingham in the real world. Stevie might have said that it was—I don't know—but it doesn't necessarily follow that, just because we know real-world Stevie sent real-world Lindsey packing and he took it hard, the lyric itself relates that real-world reaction in any way. But the shippers and others project and project. By virtue of sheer amount, some projecting is probably actually factual. But it's the constant projecting that alienates me. Does every little phrase in a Stevie Nicks lyric that touches on passionate emotional ambivalence have to do with Lindsey? Shipper reactions are fictions about fictions. Of course, Stevie's mode of writing lends itself to such responses, and that's also why I don't think Stevie is one of the great writers: she never seems to stand back from her characters and observe them with any detachment or irony. The emotions they are experiencing are always and completely the emotions that we listeners are supposed to be connecting to with total ingenuousness. It's all very unsophisticated.
Honestly, this is how I felt as well. It became such a turn-off to me. Further, shippers would block out any talk of Christine and even began to hate her. Later on came the nasty things that they would say about her.

When she re-joined: The "Christine destroyed the band by returning!" surfaced.
__________________
I would tell Christine Perfect, "You're Christine f***ing McVie, and don't you forget it!"
Reply With Quote
  #67  
Old 03-28-2019, 04:08 PM
elle's Avatar
elle elle is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: DC
Posts: 11,014
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
Honestly, this is how I felt as well. It became such a turn-off to me. Further, shippers would block out any talk of Christine and even began to hate her. Later on came the nasty things that they would say about her.

When she re-joined: The "Christine destroyed the band by returning!" surfaced.
it's really the weirdest reasoning.

if they were so fragile that having all 5 together will "destroy" them, then something was very wrong in the first place.
__________________

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Reply With Quote
  #68  
Old 03-28-2019, 04:20 PM
elle's Avatar
elle elle is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: DC
Posts: 11,014
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
The reality is that she has all of the power because she played the game better than anyone else in the band.
exactly!

some people are good in making music, others are good in business or marketing side of it. various people, various talents.
__________________

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Reply With Quote
  #69  
Old 03-28-2019, 05:23 PM
michelej1 michelej1 is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: California
Posts: 25,135
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
it's really the weirdest reasoning.

if they were so fragile that having all 5 together will "destroy" them, then something was very wrong in the first place.
Well, the relationship was always wrong. But the reason that having Christine back could interfere with it is that you always have a third person to turn to. Lindsay has said that Christine contributed to his break up with Stevie in the seventies. He said that they were shaky to begin with and maybe they would’ve made it, maybe they would not have, but having Christine, who was also divorcing, talking to Stevie sealed the break up.

This time, just having Christine back allowed both Lindsey and Stevie to turn away from each other. In the past, since SYW, they were stuck, forced to fight and compromise. Christine removed the forced compromise factor. I realized that she would from the beginning, but I thought that it would work in my favor, not against me. I thought that with Christine back we would get a new FM album, for example, because I thought it would make it 2 against 1. Michele
Reply With Quote
  #70  
Old 03-28-2019, 07:45 PM
sue sue is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: berkshire
Posts: 895
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
That was beautifully said. Money and HUGE egos overtook the band.

Stevie is worst thing that EVER happened to FM. Yet, for idiot Mick, the best thing. RIP, FM.

I hope history recognizes what a stupid egomaniac she is, and how she ruined the band's legacy. F**K HER.
They are ALL stupid big egos with greed, greed, more, more money attached.
Not one of them is any better or worse than the other, well maybe Mick, she just played the game better?? and definitely to the end.

I would add that THE FM most of us know and adore are nothing without Buckingham/Nicks

Last edited by sue; 03-28-2019 at 08:00 PM.. Reason: Add something
Reply With Quote
  #71  
Old 03-29-2019, 04:38 PM
jbrownsjr jbrownsjr is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 11,959
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
first thing I asked was if Robert Pollard was playing somewhere and vowed no more Fleetwood Mac without Christine. The rest is history.
Fleetwood Mac without Christine Perfect/McVie is so incomplete and dry. I had a hard time with it.

I love her contributions to the Peter Green days. She's an entity and a style. I'm blessed to have been able to listen to their full library.
__________________
I would tell Christine Perfect, "You're Christine f***ing McVie, and don't you forget it!"
Reply With Quote
  #72  
Old 03-30-2019, 09:12 AM
jcalzaretta jcalzaretta is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 457
Default

I feel I am the only one who was not there with the band for all the issues. You all seem to have been there every step of the way to know what all has happened. I guess I missed so all I know is a lot of speculation and that there are always more than 2 sides to a story. Thus, I will continue to enjoy the music I love so much and be a fan of all.
Reply With Quote
  #73  
Old 03-30-2019, 02:30 PM
Jondalar's Avatar
Jondalar Jondalar is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 6,261
Default

Hardly anyone is on this site anymore and that’s because of her behavior.
Reply With Quote
  #74  
Old 03-30-2019, 02:43 PM
mitzo mitzo is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 1,576
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jondalar[B[/B
;1251418]Hardly anyone is on this site anymore and that’s because of her behavior.
It is because of the behavior of forum members who have bullied a lot of people away.
__________________
I give up.
Reply With Quote
  #75  
Old 03-30-2019, 03:24 PM
HomerMcvie's Avatar
HomerMcvie HomerMcvie is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Indiana/Tennessee
Posts: 11,325
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitzo View Post
It is because of the behavior of forum members who have bullied a lot of people away.
This site isn't a shrine to $tevie. $he is held accountable for her actions here.

I'd say 80% of fans are primarily $tevie fans, and they can't handle the truth.

Oh well...
__________________
I will CRUSH YOU!!!! KAREN BRING ME MY FLIP PHONE!
And I'm David, not Homer!(we all should be able to change our name, at least once)
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump

SIGNED - Mick Fleetwood "Mac" Drumhead 12" + Pic
$400.0
SIGNED - Mick Fleetwood FLEETWOOD MAC SIGNED RUMOURS LP VINYL RECORD ALBUM MICK CHRISTINE MCVIE +JSA COA
$399.99
FLEETWOOD MAC SIGNED RUMOURS LP VINYL RECORD ALBUM MICK CHRISTINE MCVIE +JSA COA pictureMICK FLEETWOOD & FLEETWOOD MAC IN CONCERT • SF, CA Signed 8" x 12" Photograph
$300.0
MICK FLEETWOOD & FLEETWOOD MAC IN CONCERT • SF, CA Signed 8FLEETWOOD MAC MICK FLEETWOOD SIGNED RUMOURS VINYL ALBUM
$299.99
FLEETWOOD MAC MICK FLEETWOOD SIGNED RUMOURS VINYL ALBUM pictureFLEETWOOD MAC MICK FLEETWOOD + CHRISTINE MCVIE SIGNED RUMOURS VINYL ALBUM
$299.99
FLEETWOOD MAC MICK FLEETWOOD + CHRISTINE MCVIE SIGNED RUMOURS VINYL ALBUM picture



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:54 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
© 1995-2003 Martin and Lisa Adelson, All Rights Reserved