User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 08-29-2008, 05:19 PM
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmccarrell View Post
She's great! She's a real woman who hunts moose and everything. LOL! She comes from as far away from DC as you can get! It also helps that my dead aunt lived in Wasila under Palin.
You can see how people might think that's NOT so much of a good idea. I think Alaskans are kind of out of touch with the rest of America. That's the vibe i got when I spent a year in Anchorage. It's not true of everyone there, obviously...
Old 08-29-2008, 05:22 PM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brwn_eyes0511 View Post
I'm by no means a Log Cabin Republican.. however I am a Republican and nothing could be more untrue than to say I hate myself! In fact I am probably guilty of loving myself and my "gayness" too much! Why sould I be a Democrat when I agree with almost NOTHING they stand for?
Bravo! I wish there were more like you!
Old 08-29-2008, 05:24 PM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gypsy-Rhiannon View Post
I'm sure I read that she's against gay marriage too
Indeed. Alaska was one of the first states to legally ban gay marriages.
Old 08-29-2008, 05:26 PM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by BombaySapphire3 View Post
Scandalous! I lllllike it! I do however think that the Dinosaur and the Barracuda has a catchy ring to it!
Did you read what the State Trooper did? He tazered his own 11 year old son, threatened to kill Palin's father, and he was caught drinking in his squad car. If the commissioner wasn't willing to fire a creep like that because of "code blue" I'd fire him too, if I didn't bring him up on charges first. Palin did the right thing. Why aren't the dems, who are so anti-domestic violence applauding this?!
Old 08-29-2008, 05:28 PM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by gldstwmn View Post
Bull****. If there's proof, let's see it. Put up or shut up.
Also, a Google search produced nothing of note.
I found countless articles on her, besides, what she said was in confidence and a private conversation. The guy who also worked in her office that tried to persue it got fired. Besides, Clinton appointed her to begin with. Do yer own research, bucko!
Here's a google search, you'll see a ton of federal cases that she handled. So much for "nothing of note" ya hoser! http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q...ngler+attorney

Last edited by ajmccarrell; 08-29-2008 at 05:31 PM..
Old 08-29-2008, 07:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mylittledemon View Post
You can see how people might think that's NOT so much of a good idea. I think Alaskans are kind of out of touch with the rest of America. That's the vibe i got when I spent a year in Anchorage. It's not true of everyone there, obviously...
Alaska has the best earthquakes & the best tsunamis of any state in the Union.

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 08-29-2008, 07:47 PM
Ledgie

This might be considered jumping to conclusions, but I just think this was a very bone-headed move for him.

As smart as she might be, she's awfully inexperienced, and I just can't help but think to the possible future. Let's say theoretically that McCain gets elected, and due to the laws of nature, he doesn't, er, 'finish his term'. We'd be left with Palin running the country...that makes me nervous.

Plus his choice comes across as almost insulting to women voters. It's like he's trying to say that if there's a woman running with him, all the thoughtless little Democratic women will flock to him just because we're the same sex, and were totally relying on a female candidate.

Just my opinion :\
Old 08-29-2008, 07:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I found countless articles on her, besides, what she said was in confidence and a private conversation. The guy who also worked in her office that tried to persue it got fired. Besides, Clinton appointed her to begin with. Do yer own research, bucko!
Here's a google search, you'll see a ton of federal cases that she handled. So much for "nothing of note" ya hoser! http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q...ngler+attorney
Wow what a wild coincidence~! You have an aunt who is privy to information about proving Hillary Clinton killed Vince Foster and another one who happened to live in the tiny burg of Moose**** Alaska when Sarah Palin was mayor! Do you also perhaps have an aunt living in a cave in the Hindu Kush who knows the exact location of Bin Laden's hideout?!Or another aunt nearby Seattle who has actually met Bigfoot!Or could it be you even have an aunt that knows precisely where the WMDS are kept hidden in the Iraqi desert!!!Impressive.

Last edited by BombaySapphire3; 08-29-2008 at 07:55 PM..
Old 08-29-2008, 07:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by omigodstevie View Post
This might be considered jumping to conclusions, but I just think this was a very bone-headed move for him.

As smart as she might be, she's awfully inexperienced, and I just can't help but think to the possible future. Let's say theoretically that McCain gets elected, and due to the laws of nature, he doesn't, er, 'finish his term'. We'd be left with Palin running the country...that makes me nervous.

Plus his choice comes across as almost insulting to women voters. It's like he's trying to say that if there's a woman running with him, all the thoughtless little Democratic women will flock to him just because we're the same sex, and were totally relying on a female candidate.

I think he's made a masterful choice. The first effect is to have stolen all the first pages, and only one day after Democratic convention. There wold be tons of press about her now, all over the world. Even only to be mother of five and a governor with over a 90% of approval. I mean, does the lady sleep every once in a while?

She looks a very strong character and an intelligent woman, and seems to have all the characteristics that might reassure even the most conservatives among the Republicans. Hats off to McCain for the smart move. Obviously I hope they'll lose.

Romy

Non vogliate negar l'esperienza
di retro al sol, del mondo sanza gente
Considerate la vostra semenza
fatti non foste a viver come bruti
ma per seguir virtute e canoscenza ~ Dante Alighieri, Divina Commedia, Inferno Canto XXVI

Last edited by Serrart; 08-29-2008 at 08:00 PM..
Old 08-29-2008, 08:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brwn_eyes0511 View Post
I'm by no means a Log Cabin Republican.. however I am a Republican and nothing could be more untrue than to say I hate myself! In fact I am probably guilty of loving myself and my "gayness" too much! Why sould I be a Democrat when I agree with almost NOTHING they stand for?
Good Lord you have changed. You must be embarrassed by some of the ignorant **** you used to say here. But good for you, you seem very happy.

Quote:

Problem is there ARE women who will vote for him now, soley because there's a woman on the ticket. Just like there are whites who will vote for McCain because he's white, blacks who will vote for Obama because he's half black, etc. Sad, but true. Ever since Hillary lost the nomination, we've heard some of her supporters talking about voting for McCain rather than Obama (which I still don't, for the life of me, understand - it's like it's just for spite.) This move will probably clinch it for them.
Old 08-30-2008, 12:53 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by LukeA View Post
Indeed. Alaska was one of the first states to legally ban gay marriages.
and the only to have legalized, in-home possesion/use of marijuana protected in our state constitution.
Perfect representation of the 50/5o split of political mindsets up here- the oil people/rednecks, and the true Alaskans

And I agree with what was said about some Alaskans being out of touch- we have a lot of indifferent youth and dumb hicks up here! But many of us are down to earth, laid back people who care very deeply about whats going on, not only in the US, but the entire world.

I honestly don't know what McCain was thinking with this Palin thing.
Either he is trying to mimic the historic nature of Obama's campain, or has hopefully realized the public does not want another 4 years of disaster, so he's given up taking this seriously
Old 08-30-2008, 02:06 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
I found countless articles on her, besides, what she said was in confidence and a private conversation. ]
Then why are you running around telling people on the internet? Again, I could find nothing linking your friend to Vince Foster on Google.
Old 08-30-2008, 02:08 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BombaySapphire3 View Post
Wow what a wild coincidence~! You have an aunt who is privy to information about proving Hillary Clinton killed Vince Foster and another one who happened to live in the tiny burg of Moose**** Alaska when Sarah Palin was mayor! Do you also perhaps have an aunt living in a cave in the Hindu Kush who knows the exact location of Bin Laden's hideout?!Or another aunt nearby Seattle who has actually met Bigfoot!Or could it be you even have an aunt that knows precisely where the WMDS are kept hidden in the Iraqi desert!!!Impressive.
Amen honey. Amen.
Old 08-30-2008, 09:53 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
As smart as she might be, she's awfully inexperienced, and I just can't help but think to the possible future.
On the other hand, what is "experience" really worth, anyway? I imagine that, in the lives of some, it's worth a great deal, but it doesn't benefit everyone. The suits that have been running the corporation I used to work for -- McClatchy -- all have plenty of "experience," but they still sank the company.

Personal characteristics -- integrity, intelligence, mordant wit, proper respect for my money -- are more important to me than what the CV says, especially in big politics. Actually, I'm generally disilussioned & perhaps even repulsed by the Newt Romneys & Mitt McCains on Capitol Hill -- all their hundreds of years of experience amount inevitably to pandering, corruption, & tyranny.

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 08-30-2008, 03:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vermicious knid View Post
Countdown to the first person in the media to dismiss her for being in beauty pageants. A former football star wouldn't be dismissed, but she will be.
Jack Kemp.