User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 12-05-2007, 10:40 PM
Registered, No Membership

Quote:
Originally Posted by strandinthewind View Post

To some (not all and not really me) -- the non FM related conversations that went on essentially after the last SN tour were not interesting. But, they were the only things going on at the time. .
so that sounds like the people who tried to keep the place going (while fleetwood mac weren't doing anything ) are to blame because they weren't interesting to everyone. that doesn't really make sense to me - if something/someone aren't interesting to me then i should start something that would be interesting to me and hopefully others and not blame the folks who are participating in something that they obviously find interesting.

Quote:
Then came the whole horsemanity thing, which was funny, but rude and hurtful to some people. Then came the bloodletting of many long time members -- based on in the opinion of many, if not most and certainly me, a rather ridiculous one strike rule with no appeal. This certainly let a bad taste in my mouth and I certainly thought about leaving for good. .
i am glad you didn't leave and i agree with this timeline but i would submit that you left off a couple other factors. with the one strike rule in place you never know what can get one bant (nickel to jazzy) but here goes:

ethan made quite a splash when he got here and there was a large contingency of folks who didn't think that the mods did enough to persuade him to try to keep some of his more annoying habits (multiple threads on the same topic etc) in check (). others didn't find ethan nearly as annoying as others and said "put him on ignore if you don't like him".

i know of longtime members who left here cos of the moderating at the time.
and they are still waiting for the change over of the mods to be completed.

Quote:
But, even having said all that, I think the real reason for the decline is there is nothing significant going on in Stevieland and/or FM. Let either of those two entities release a new record and/or hit the road again and things will liven up but quick and despite the shiitte in the first paragraph.
i also agree with this -

and i am not attacking what you said, just discussing ok?
being one of "carrie's friends" i want to make sure my aims are clear.
Old 12-05-2007, 10:42 PM
buckymcnix
This message has been deleted by buckymcnix.
Old 12-05-2007, 10:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

^^^^

I know you are not attacking me, but thanks for saying that

I, too, like Carrie and her posse, whatever and whomever that includes. I am just saying that to given the feast of FM related activity since 1997, the last year has been drab. LB's tour was mildly interesting, but it failed to get the people not that interested in him interested in him, which IMO is sad because it was a great tour. So, the filler conversation has not been to everyone's liking. After all, the Ledge first is a FM related site. So, when that conv. goes, the chit chat board is not for everyone.

In the end, I think FM is fading away and ergo, so must this place.

As an aside, your covers helped keep this joint a hoppin for awhile

save the cheerleader - save the world

Last edited by strandinthewind; 12-05-2007 at 10:59 PM..
Old 12-05-2007, 11:03 PM

Quote:
^^^^

I know you are not attacking me, but thanks for saying that :
cool

Quote:
^^^^I, too, like Carrie and her posse, whatever and whomever that includes. I am just saying that to goven the feast of FM related activity since 1997, the last year has been drab. LB's tour was mildly interesting, but it failed to get the people not that interested in him interested in him, which IMO is sad because it was a great tour. So, the filler conversation has not been to everyone's liking. After all, the Ledge first is a FM related site. So, when that conv. goes, the chit chat board is not for everyone.:
i don't disagree i would just paraphrase-up the same advice that was given out earlier - 'if you don't like something/someone, then ignore it'

Quote:
^^^^
In the end, I think FM is fading away and ergo, so must this place.:
yes, it will come and go in fits and starts with their declining output. but for many, the chitchat area will be reason to check back here and keep in touch with ledgie friends.
That all the topics aren't to everyone's liking should just be a given.

Quote:
^^^^
As an aside, your covers helped keep this joint a hoppin for awhile
til i got pissed like a little baby and deleted them all -
but thanks - that is a sweet thing to say
Old 12-05-2007, 11:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckymcnix View Post
. . . i don't disagree i would just paraphrase-up the same advice that was given out earlier - 'if you don't like something/someone, then ignore it'
True and I am a BIG fan of that idea - but when that is all or significantly most of what is here, then people not interested in it or people repulsed by it are going to leave. Thus, my conclusion.

Quote:
til i got pissed like a little baby and deleted them all -
but thanks - that is a sweet thing to say
Oh the horsemanity

Old 12-05-2007, 11:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Honestly, I quit caring after the 7 Wonders drama ended up on this board.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 12-05-2007, 11:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
Honestly, I quit caring after the 7 Wonders drama ended up on this board.
I have to say, I sucessfully ignored it. I do not remember even commenting on it. I will say though, that fortunately, it was mostly confined to two or three titular threads. But, and back to my point, when that essestially is all that is going on to any significant degree and you are ignoring it, this place becomes somewhat irrelevant to your world.

Old 12-05-2007, 11:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

let the record show that i don't give 2 ****s about 7 wonders or the people on it. even if the conversation is dominated by it and i participate. it's just talk. it doesn't mean it matters.

also, i haven't been posting because i've been busy. and, while i still check here almost daily... there haven't been any threads that have motivated me to say anything. i mean, i guess i just don't feel like being told that i'm a cold-hearted bitch again. this week.

and carrie is rad.

Last edited by Sarah; 12-05-2007 at 11:46 PM..
Old 12-06-2007, 12:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah View Post
let the record show that i don't give 2 ****s about 7 wonders or the people on it. even if the conversation is dominated by it and i participate. it's just talk. it doesn't mean it matters. .
wow - what a cold hearted bitch.

lol -
i don't think you are cold hearted -
direct ? sure but it's endearing to some

Quote:
also, i haven't been posting because i've been busy. and, while i still check here almost daily... there haven't been any threads that have motivated me to say anything. i mean, i guess i just don't feel like being told that i'm a cold-hearted bitch again. this week.
no time for ping pong either then?
you should be practicing an hour a day.

Quote:
and carrie is rad.
did you see the 2008 "Carrie" calendar yet? my personal fave is february's S&M outfit in honor of valentine's day.

Quote:
two or three titular threads. .

he said 'titular'

Quote:
But, and back to my point, when that essestially is all that is going on to any significant degree and you are ignoring it, this place becomes somewhat irrelevant to your world.
yea - let's go back to blaming the band for not enough output

maybe that will get them moving?
Old 12-06-2007, 12:56 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sara1998 View Post
I'm gonna cry.
It's been more dead than usual here.
I miss the way it used to be.
Where are the trolls? Where are the heated political debates? Where is everyone at yanking eachothers chain??
I miss this place.
Talk to me, dammit!!!
I dunno. Me, I've been too busy watching our mighty exalted leader George W. Bush's wonderful efforts as the best President ever of These United States, and learning about Stevie's sordid past which is completely all Lindsey's fault and not at all Stevie's, and wondering how Fleetwood Mac ever got by with a drummer like Mick Fleetwood and a bass guitarist like John McVie.

Good 'nuff?

Last edited by Ghost_Tracker; 12-06-2007 at 01:04 AM..
Old 12-06-2007, 07:22 AM
danax6
This message has been deleted by danax6.
Old 12-06-2007, 07:23 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
Why didn't you want to join my mailing list?
I received an invitation?
Old 12-06-2007, 08:17 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I've been here for almost 7 years now, and I love most of the people here, especially the one's who have been here as long as I have. I sometimes wish I could find a board, much like chit chat, that is busy. It's been a very long time since I've visited the FM or Stevie side of the boards, honestly because I'm bored with them. Still love 'em, but bored. And I've always liked chit chat, but it's been boring here for months now. Plus, it's hard to start in on a new board as a newbie... I haven't done that in... well, 7 years!
Old 12-06-2007, 09:46 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
. . . yea - let's go back to blaming the band for not enough output

maybe that will get them moving?
Well, at they age, public prodding may not be enough. Perhaps some stewed prunes could be the right goad.

Old 12-06-2007, 10:47 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost_Tracker View Post
and wondering how Fleetwood Mac ever got by with a drummer like Mick Fleetwood and a bass guitarist like John McVie.
Dear God. I hope you are joking. Those are fighting words.
Old 12-06-2007, 11:10 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sara1998 View Post
I've been here for almost 7 years now, and I love most of the people here, especially the one's who have been here as long as I have. I sometimes wish I could find a board, much like chit chat, that is busy. It's been a very long time since I've visited the FM or Stevie side of the boards, honestly because I'm bored with them. Still love 'em, but bored. And I've always liked chit chat, but it's been boring here for months now. Plus, it's hard to start in on a new board as a newbie... I haven't done that in... well, 7 years!
I think maybe message boards come and go with activity? I would hope that the slowness here (in chit chat) involves members being busy over the holidays.

Maria, I think the world of you and I'm so glad that we met through this board. I'd be happy to engage in some interesting discussions- I just haven't had the time to start anything new (just finished the semester- only one more to go!),
Old 12-06-2007, 11:27 AM
skcin
This message has been deleted by skcin. Reason: double post
Old 12-06-2007, 11:30 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by markolas View Post
I honestly don't know where to start, and it's probably not worth it to dredge it up at this point. What's done is done (at least I hope it's done). Suffice it to say, carrie & friends have gone a long way toward chasing quite a few people off the Ledge.
Carrie & Friends?!?! WTF? I thought it was Paula & Cronies?!?! Have I been dethroned?

Quote:
Originally Posted by markolas View Post
Like what, pray tell?
I'm sure your negativity couldn't have helped.

Quote:
To some (not all and not really me) -- the non FM related conversations that went on essentially after the last SN tour were not interesting. But, they were the only things going on at the time. Then came the whole horsemanity thing, which was funny, but rude and hurtful to some people. Then came the bloodletting of many long time members -- based on in the opinion of many, if not most and certainly me, a rather ridiculous one strike rule with no appeal. This certainly let a bad taste in my mouth and I certainly thought about leaving for good.

But, even having said all that, I think the real reason for the decline is there is nothing significant going on in Stevieland and/or FM. Let either of those two entities release a new record and/or hit the road again and things will liven up but quick and despite the shiitte in the first paragraph.

I have to agree AND disagree. Nothing NEW has happened in the past 4 years except Under the Skin. But until a few months ago, we've always talked about other stuff - news, current events, funny stuff, whatever. Chit Chat was always the busiest forum, which obviously has nothing to do with the band or its members.

It's just...different now. I think a lot of it has to do with the one strike rule, so ITA on that point. Many frequent posters are banned & others just don't bother coming around because it's so dead here. The horse's ass thing was the silliest incident ever, IMO, and many people were turned off by the fact that it became such a huge issue.

Chit Chat on The Ledge has become nothing but "happy birthday so & so" and picture threads. Sad - I used to enjoy fighting, I mean, debating with some of you. I tried a while ago to post a bunch of new threads to get people talking, but it went nowhere. So. What can you do?